The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The shooting has been down across the board for whatever reason. Maxi and Luka have finally started turning a corner, but everyone else has struggled.

And it’s not like a lot of it is bad shots - they take way less contested/rushed deep jumpers than last year. I haven’t looked at the metrics, but it feels like It’s mostly open/wide-open looks, from the eye test.

Don’t know if it’s all the fluctuation in availability and little consistency rotation wise or what.

Simple regression to the mean for DFS, KP, and Bullock - and hell, even Tim before the injury - seems like it’ll be due at some point. Too many dudes shooting career lows. It’s bizarre.
Seems like most of the league is shooting career lows from 3 this year. Just off the top of my head, Steph, Dame, Beal, Tatum.

A Play In round of

Charlotte vs NYC or Atlanta
Boston vs NYC or Atlanta

would be shambles in here. I wasn't a fan of the Play In without specific restrictions, but a season like this the Play In is definitely appropriate in both conferences

272689139_5561382893890189_6599561441259601519_n.jpg

Rockin crocs with a suit is less wild than getting a lineup with a fitted.

Similar to antidope's example, I could see why someone might wear crocs with a suit if they are commuting and didn't want to get their dress shoes wet. Wearing a fitted while getting a lineup both obstructs and defeats the purpose of getting a lineup :lol:

s.png

sabu.png

I can't remember if it was Yuku or the previous platform but 90% of fam's profile gallery was straight up uncensored pron. I don't know how that **** slipped through the cracks

NT used to be waaayyyy more savage. Back in the day when I browsed NT at work I used to go crazy surveying my peripherals as I scrolled through posts because you never knew when some raunchy **** or back-to-back-to-to-back mass pics were going to inexplicably pop up :lol:

Big fat boi vibes shout out to Carican Flavors. Plantains and snapper is hittin. I'll just save the rest of the steamed cabbage i just made for a healthier day. Goods looks antidope and Rusty, the last tenants left a raised garden bed out back I probably could grow something in there

20220126_122458.jpg

20220126_122649.jpg
I saw this and got sleepy.

Unfortunately, I don't trust this roster on either side of the ball. As of now I'm saying maybe a second round team at best
I think on offense they largely believe they can roll the ball to Luka, move to 5-out sets and be an elite or fringe-elite offense at any time.

That’s not ideal, obviously. But it is what it is. Everything else offensively right now is lab work and it feels pretty clear they're largely treating the regular season as such right now with rotations, offensive sets, etc.

I trust the defense to be good. Maybe not as high-end elite as they’re playing the last two months, but they can defend well enough to compete at a higher level if the offense rebounds. They have several guys that have always been solid defenders - and the effort on that end is up across the board.

Assuming KP's health (I know) we've seen him now anchor two strong-elite defensive stretches for this team between what they're doing this season and the bubble stretch. They obviously have to keep him on the court, but I don't see why Kidd can't get at a minimum consistently really good efforts with this bunch. Even the other bigs have been solid defensively which is a shift from the past.

I think on offense they largely believe they can roll the ball to Luka, move to 5-out sets and be an elite or fringe-elite offense at any time.

That’s not ideal, obviously. But it is what it is. Everything else right now is lab work.

I trust the defense to be good. Maybe not as elite as they’re playing the last two months, but they can defend well enough to compete at a higher level if the offense rebounds. They have several guys that have always been solid defenders - and the effort on that end is up across the board.

Assuming KP's health (I know) we've seen him now anchor two strong-elite defensive stretches for this team between what they're doing this season and the bubble stretch. They obviously have to keep him on the court, but I don't see why Kidd can't get at a minimum consistently really good efforts with this bunch. Even the other bigs have been solid defensively which is a shift from the past.
Regarding the defense, their best defenders are: KP, Maxi and DFS

I just don't think that's good enough to move to a conference finals this season. And ****, if LAC and DEN were even halfway healthy it'd look even more bleak

Especially considering their offensive short comings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom