The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
20220130_221656.jpg

YEAR 17

Besides MM, I know my guy Coupé It Coupé It in particular was real excited :lol:

Least half of you guys were talking up a Duke reunion with Zion after the trade though

Honestly that’s more my theory (which I’ve had for a while now). That’s not a popular Knicks fan opinion.

So hold me accountable for the “Zion to the Knicks” talk. Can’t group other Knicks fans the same way.

When I told the Knicks thread - most of them were like “F Zion, he’s finished, we don’t want him” :lol: :lol:

Hold me accountable going forward.

Been telling y’all for years…CP3 can make any center look good. I remember he had Cole Aldrich averaging 20/10’when DJ and Blake went down. True definition of making his teammates better.

GPGOAT

In all seriousness, it's pretty crazy that as masterful as CP3 is, he's not Top 3 and is #5 or outside of the Top 5 for a lot of folks.

Reactions: HIM
I know my lakers been trash. Y'all dudes sweeping Stephgod trash play under the rug is funny.

Interesting thing I’ve seen is last year, when the team was trash, it was all about #30’s individual numbers. Now that #30’s been “just a guy” more often than not, it’s all about the team’s record.

No further comment, just something interesting I’ve noticed.

Don’t see anyone in here disputing that Steph’s been shooting like trash pretty much since he broke the 3 record. But his shooting doesn’t seem to negatively impacting the Warriors’ team success much, so that’s why EYE personally don’t care that much about Steph’s individual numbers. If the Warriors start losing and dropping in the standings, it’s another story.

I know my lakers been trash. Y'all dudes sweeping Stephgod trash play under the rug is funny.

I'm not really sure anyone is sweeping it under the rug at this point. His play is so bad that it simply cannot be ignored or excused. At the same time, I don't think the situations are quite the same because, despite his individual play, his team is still finding success.

It's unclear when Draymond is returning and his teammates can't keep bailing him out forever but unless this the new Steph Curry going forward then he and the Warriors should reach whatever their true ceiling is this season.

Don’t see anyone in here disputing that Steph’s been shooting like trash pretty much since he broke the 3 record. But his shooting doesn’t seem to negatively impacting the Warriors’ team success much, so that’s why EYE personally don’t care that much about Steph’s individual numbers. If the Warriors start losing and dropping in the standings, it’s another story.
A lot of takes are “I was right about this! Y’all were wrong!” or *insert take that maybe one person said and is applying it to a whole group*

Keep in mind the majority of these people are fans of a team who are complaining that their 37 year old has to play lights out just for them to be competitive (despite having 2 other "superstars").

IDK about you guys...I'm going to take a rough shooting stretch and being at worst the 2nd best team in the league over marveling at a 37 year old "carrying" my team but *****ing nightly about how much the team stinks :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom