The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sixers gotta hurry up and make a trade so there’s no more Simmons talk :lol: :sick:
I need a deal done or else I'm ****ed in my fantasy leagues.

sad-boy-crying.gif

https://niketalk.com/threads/official-2021-nba-playoff-thread-yawnist-with-the-closeout-50-piece-bucks-with-first-chip-since-‘73-cp0-loses-again.692918/page-1570#post-34529327

Link is trash. Search feature is better.
I got it

Oh, man. Good ole Osh

Exaggerating for no good reason yet again

Lol at that topic being discussed less than a year ago

Gotta be honest - it's funny watching some dudes in here that banged hard on the THESE GUYS DESERVE TO CONTROL THEIR CAREERS/WHERE THEY PLAY drum over the last few years all of the sudden flip the script on Ben talkin about "he signed a contract and got 4 years left!" and "he quit on them!" and "he should work harder" or "show up to work!"

:lol: :lol:

Gotta be honest - it's funny watching some dudes in here that banged hard on the THESE GUYS DESERVE TO CONTROL THEIR CAREERS/WHERE THEY PLAY drum over the last few years all of the sudden flip the script on Ben talkin about "he signed a contract and got 4 years left!" and "he quit on them!" and "he should work harder" or "show up to work!"

:lol: :lol:
You don't see the difference in what Ben is doing to the other players who've wanted out? Come on, man

If Ben is that incomplete of a player why not just trade him if you're Philly? Why want such a big return for a fragile, terrible player?

You can't have it both ways lol

If your job is to play basketball for the team you're signed to and you want to get paid, why don't you suit up for the team that you're signed up to?

You can't have it both ways >D

No one ever excused Morey either. He’s wilding

GM and the player both deserve blame in this case. We've seen far worse contracts moved in the NBA over the past few decades. This should've been over and done with in the summer.

What storm2006 storm2006 said about owners and upper management creating blockers behind the scenes is spot on. Ideally they'd want Simmons to take a buyout and move on. Should he decide to suit up for another team, he's effectively diminished his perceived value so he'll have to sign on for a lower contract but the upside's higher as he'd be motivated to perform at a far higher level.

You don't see the difference in what Ben is doing to the other players who've wanted out? Come on, man
Do I see a difference in Ben not showing up vs. (as an example) Harden showing up late, wildly outta shape, blowing off COVID protocols, half assing and constantly talking in the media every day about wanting to be somewhere else?

Sure.

Do I think it ultimately matters? Not really, no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom