The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is not true

Care in the sense of when he’d be mentally ready. He’d still have support and there wouldn’t be pressure on when to return. Dude could’ve had the entire world supporting and getting every cent

Yeah, it would have made a huge difference in terms of optics and reaction. Has there been any recent chatter about Rich Paul's involvement in Ben's poor handling of the situation? I imagine it won't affect him/Klutch moving forward but if he was advising Ben that was terrible :lol:

:lol:

**** like this always come out after a trade.

"I've always loved the fans." "The fans and city are the best." "During FA I wanted this team first but it didn't happen" yadda yadda

I feel it but this one might be a lil different, cuz I definitely remember when it was all going down in Houston, that it was being said he wanted to go to Philly originally, but Tillman didnt want to gift Morey his best player after he just bounced to Philly as well, and thats how BK then became an option.

And Joel shouldn't be mad and pissed at him? Joel has been grinding in the gym getting better yearly and Ben is at Wimbledon, on IG posting his newest Ferrari and posting the occasional jump shot. Dude isn't committed. Joel got so much better every year when Ben has regressed! Glad Joel was honest.
Embiid really shouldn’t be worried bout what Ben does in his free time, thats not the issue

Still kinda wild that averaging 22-8-10 is considered washed :lol:

Might not be peak of his powers Houston beard but he's still an elite offensive player
His volume & efficiency always declined in the playoffs, which is fine if the starting point is 36 ppg.

But in the playoffs if there’s a further decline from 22, they’re not going very far.

We already know Tobias isn’t reliable.

Still kinda wild that averaging 22-8-10 is considered washed :lol:

Might not be peak of his powers/MVP Houston Beard but he's still an elite offensive player
I don't think his style of iso ball is gonna be as effective as it was. Combine that with the fact that he wants the offense to run through him.

Maybe but this “washed” harden is better than Ben Simmons will ever be. it is what it is

I disagree. This is year 1 of washed Harden and it’s not looking good. He can’t play with CP, can’t play with KD, man idk who he can play with. Especially after he keeps adding weight and starts becoming more it a liability.

These high stat games that really don’t mean anything arent getting him anywhere at this point of his career.

Not too shabby for a dark six months
1644951136494.png

Can a local explain what the NY mandate thing is about, I thought that they lifted the mask mandate, so why can’t Mikey from Waltham play? And is there a pathway for him to do so?

His volume & efficiency always declined in the playoffs, which is fine if the starting point is 36 ppg.

But in the playoffs if there’s a further decline from 22, they’re not going very far.

We already know Tobias isn’t reliable.
EYE think things would be different this go around, considering the best offensive threat is a big rather than another guard or a wing.

I agree playoff Tobi isn’t reliable but he’s been playing up to his kinda AS form he had last year. Maxey is still shooting 40% off the catch from 3.

I really wanna see how this 2 man game with Jim and Jo gonna be. If you try to trap Jim he’s definitely more gifted than Curry to make the pass out the double back to Jo. Jo with the ball facing up from 15 is a defender 2nd worst nightmare (after Yawnist)

Can a local explain what the NY mandate thing is about, I thought that they lifted the mask mandate, so why can’t Mikey from Waltham play? And is there a pathway for him to do so?
Not a local, but I'd imagine it's a jurisdictional thing. So different rules by county. Governor lifting the mandate just means those jurisdictions can now lift it if they choose.

Not to turn this thread dark. But that social media happiness is all fake and we know it.

Not to turn all Hank Scorpio Hank Scorpio on y’all but when I worked at a psych unit I had a discharged patient in the outpatient setting say sarcastically that she Was gonna kill herself because her pharmacy didn’t have her meds. This girl had 20k followers on instagram. Model chick. Gorgeous. Protocol, so I had to call 911 to her crib. When they get there she literally downed a whole bottle of her pills and had her stomach pumped at the hospital.

I hope Ben isn’t lying, thats why I’m not with the whole he’s lying about the mental health angle.

I know jokes > facts though.

Philly fans really are something else. Give off an energy similar to that of Boston fans.

How so? We will LOVE any athlete who gives their all, hustles, shows heart. When you have someone who only goes 50%, doesn't put the work in, doesn't show heart, will be buried. Dawkins, Kelse, Joel, AI, Chase Utley, Rollins, Howard, will live forever as gods to the fans. Even Roy, RIP was loved here even it was a short few seasons. Heck, even Pat Burrell was loved and he has a terrible last few years of .200 average but he busted it and he was still cheered. It's why he was the 1st player on the beer carriage during the parade.

Ben didn't bring it. Didn't put the effort in and didn't want to be his best. And that is a slap in the face for every fan who pays for tickets, merchandise etc. Game 7, that play, not dunking it point-blank over Trae, was the last straw. Brooklyn will learn what we already knew.

How so? We will LOVE any athlete who gives their all, hustles, shows heart. When you have someone who only goes 50%, doesn't put the work in, doesn't show heart, will be buried. Dawkins, Kelse, Joel, AI, Chase Utley, Rollins, Howard, will live forever as gods to the fans. Even Roy, RIP was loved here even it was a short few seasons. Heck, even Pat Burrell was loved and he has a terrible last few years of .200 average but he busted it and he was still cheered. It's why he was the 1st player on the beer carriage during the parade.

Ben didn't bring it. Didn't put the effort in and didn't want to be his best. And that is a slap in the face for every fan who pays for tickets, merchandise etc. Game 7, that play, not dunking it point-blank over Trae, was the last straw. Brooklyn will learn what we already knew.

Rocky_1400x1400.jpg

Not to turn this thread dark. But that social media happiness is all fake and we know it.

Not to turn all Hank Scorpio Hank Scorpio on y’all but when I worked at a psych unit I had a discharged patient in the outpatient setting say sarcastically that she Was gonna kill herself because her pharmacy didn’t have her meds. This girl had 20k followers on instagram. Model chick. Gorgeous. Protocol, so I had to call 911 to her crib. When they get there she literally downed a whole bottle of her pills and had her stomach pumped at the hospital.

I hope Ben isn’t lying, thats why I’m not with the whole he’s lying about the mental health angle.

my girl's daughter in law did that twice. I dont know what she took but she was fine by the time we got over there to take her to the hospital. Walked down the stairs, was talking, everything. They committed her for a week and released her back into society, she returned to her job (babysitting kids at Lifetime Fitness) and everything. She has a tendency to do stuff for attention so who knows if she really did down a whole bottle of pills or not

I think the scope of what constitutes mental health is so broad that whatever Ben is going thru could fall under the same label

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom