The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are Lance and Stan Johnson the only 10 day guys who got signed through the end of the season?
Aaron Wiggins just got a 4yr deal from the Thunder. Not a 10 day but he was on a 2 way G League contract. Basically got the same kind of deal as Dort, 4 yrs 6.4M (TOTAL not per). I almost think he should have declined it, but then maybe Presti would have been vindictive and traded/cut him or had Mark limit his minutes so he couldn't display for another team to try to go to this summer.

Embiid really shouldn’t be worried bout what Ben does in his free time, thats not the issue

He was only worries about the aura that the whole Ben saga/drama was hanging over the team. You know there was stuff said behind doors of the Camden Practice Facility. Lots of eggshells to walk on. Now that it's over he doesn't need to say a thing until the March 10th matchup.

No one is denying he had mental struggles

We just know he’s lying about that being the reason he wanted out and being away from the team. That’s the reason ppl are taking offense to it.

Had he owned up and not try to clown around thinking he could do what he wanted, there wouldn’t be so much backlash. It’s one thing when fans cop a plea for him, it’s others when the talking heads who ****ted on him all summer start copping pleas and blaming the fans

Rocky_1400x1400.jpg

What about Rocky? If your insinuating that we worship a statue of a movie star, we aren't the only ones. The art museum steps, are one of the most popular tourist attractions in the city as is the statue. People come from around the world to run up the steps & to get photographed with it. I've seen in every time I go to the city (I'm in the burbs only 28 miles from it down the Schuylkill). People always running up them and putting their arms in the air at the top. The movie just showed how Philly is.

Aaron Wiggins just got a 4yr deal from the Thunder. Not a 10 day but he was on a 2 way G League contract. Basically got the same kind of deal as Dort, 4 yrs 6.4M (TOTAL not per). I almost think he should have declined it, but then maybe Presti would have been vindictive and traded/cut him or had Mark limit his minutes so he couldn't display for another team to try to go to this summer.
Was good to see my dude get paid. Good size and athleticism. Smooth mechanics on his jumper. Solid defender.

Was good to see my dude get paid. Good size and athleticism. Smooth mechanics on his jumper. Solid defender.
Fam could easily be worth 6.4M per though, to see 1.6per with team options and unguaranteed basically on every yr passed the 1st kind of sucks. Same time, Presti deliberately does this in the tank in signing guys who are barely NBA players at this point and have to scrape for every bit of maintaining their status as NBA guys. BUt I agree, happy for him. It's still life changing money/opportunity. If he stays in OKC he can get a fly spot for like a quarter of his yearly salary in that NW OKC/Edmond/Nichols Hills area storm2006 storm2006 a-friend a-friend blastercombo blastercombo

Fam could easily be worth 6.4M per though, to see 1.6per with team options and unguaranteed basically on every yr passed the 1st kind of sucks. Same time, Presti deliberately does this in the tank in signing guys who are barely NBA players at this point and have to scrape for every bit of maintaining their status as NBA guys. BUt I agree, happy for him. It's still life changing money/opportunity. If he stays in OKC he can get a fly spot for like a quarter of his yearly salary in that NW OKC/Edmond/Nichols Hills area storm2006 storm2006 a-friend a-friend blastercombo blastercombo
Maybe. Not many teams with cap space, and not sure if anybody is willing to give him MLE type money either given he's pretty unproven. Kinda what tends to happen with these 2nd round and undrafted guys. $6.4M is life changing money regardless though, and if he shows to be productive, he can really get paid on that next contract.

I disagree. This is year 1 of washed Harden and it’s not looking good. He can’t play with CP, can’t play with KD, man idk who he can play with. Especially after he keeps adding weight and starts becoming more it a liability.

These high stat games that really don’t mean anything arent getting him anywhere at this point of his career.
This is a blatant lie though. Rockets had the best season in franchise history, had the greatest team ever on the brink of elimination and harden won MVP. How does any of that show he can’t play with Cp3?

Harden averaged 28/11/7 on 55% FG 48% 3pt and 91% FT in the first round. He was about to have his best playoffs of his career and then he blows the hammy string in the opening seconds of the bucks series. He absolutely can play with KD.

Y’all be going overboard when discussion about harden comes up. Say you don’t like him, that would be much easier :lol:

In THIS DAY AND AGE....Ben Simmons played the Mental Health card and whatever they determined...he still didn't get his money :lol:

That should tell you something.

Ya'll can play that fake sympathy **** if you want to :lol:

Clearly the people that mattered in this equation didn't buy it.

still cant believe we never got to see the nets big 3 fully healthy in the playoffs. before it imploded. what a waste.

I'm not doing the whole he faked mental illness thing. None of us here have the range to do so imo. But I do know that mental illness isn't one size fits all.
LOL

Dude faked it. Real “mental illness” lands you in a facility man.

I’ve seen real mental illness, and it ain’t ordering Starbucks with a emotional support dog or taking pills because your too withdrawn to be around people.

Everyone hiding behind these soft labels today trying to get sympathy and a handout.

He played the hand that was available to him…..touché

LOL

Dude faked it. Real “mental illness” lands you in a facility man.

I’ve seen real mental illness, and it ain’t ordering Starbucks with a emotional support dog or taking pills because your too withdrawn to be around people.

Everyone hiding behind these soft labels today trying to get sympathy and a handout.

He played the hand that was available to him…..touché
I mean you do know anxiety is a mental illness and it doesn’t land you in a facility…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom