The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope they put the stars in it too...so the world can see the MAJORITY of the stars aren't going to pull of anything better than these "no name" guys. A world exists where ya'll favorite players go up there and lay eggs too.

Most of these ****** are pulling off the best they can do in-game. Ability + creativity is the key in a contest. You can be a superstar with a 40 inch vertical and still not have those things. There's a reason Lebron never entered...and why the basketball world was amped for a WASHED James White to enter.

Zach Lavine wasn't exactly a household name yet when he first entered but he was the overwhelming favorite because he'd already had the rep of being tailor-made for a dunk contest.

The real problem is...there's not a wealth of those guys to choose from. In theory...Zion and JA potentially fit the criteria across the board if Zion ever gets his **** together.
I don't disagree that stars got a chance to flop. But at least if stars flop, the entertainment value is higher than watching a collection of spare parts try the same dunk 15 times and never get the ball to the rim.

But that's also why stars and fringe stars aren't gonna do it.

I also just kind of largely think we've seen the extent of what the human body is capable of from a dunk contest standpoint by now. What's someone gonna do that we haven't seen? Props ain't it. Recreating Jason Richardson and Vince classics ain't it.

They oughta just tank the idea and try something different next year. It's the lowest entertainment value event of the entire weekend by a considerable margin and has been for several years.

Time to bring in the trampolines.
That’s the thing; I don’t think there’s really anything they change to consistently make the contest more compelling that wouldn’t venture into gimmick territory like that.

The bar is just so high now for pulling off dunks with wow factor, that it’s more the exception than the rule. I think that’s basically why 2016 was the only really good dunk contest since VC in 2000. All the others have been mediocre to poor.

Doesn’t seem like there’s guys in the pipeline that are going to be doing free throw line 360s or 720s or whatever. NBA dunking has hit a plateau for now. So I say put the contest on ice until further notice

I think the static format of guys sitting around, doing a dunk and sitting back down is a bit played out

I think it was 2012 where they had a freestyle of 1-1:30 where the guys are all out there doing stuff. Guys are able to get/remain loose and show off, the same way they do during shoot around

there's still tons of dunks we havent seen in an NBA contest. Jordan Kilganon doing that slingshot, behind the back dunk (the one he did in front of Gary Payton years ago), the one who is a substitute teacher (sorry I don't know his name) who is always doing flips and doing things off vert, Isaiah Rivera I remember his name, Jordan Sutherland,

Edit Jclarkthejumper he got the 2x between the legs too

Last edited:
Perk is lying. He thinks curry isn't generational attraction? Brother has literally changed the trajectory of basketball. Bruh ruined the game. I love it.

LeGoran to the nets

:smh:
A37239DA-C1AA-4479-944E-3C67BECD5CA5.jpeg

Wow I definitely thought He was going to the Suns with Paul out.

Suns, Sixers, and Bucks would have made total sense. With the Nets, you're playing behind Kyrie, Ben, Patty, and Curry. There had to be some under the table stuff happening here. It's the only explanation that makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom