The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s from podunk South Carolina though. Durham NC ain’t exactly the best place either. He already upgraded his living situation

Don’t really care about demographics though. You don’t need to be in a large metro to be a king. Giannis was a king in Milwaukee before last summer. Bron turned Cleveland into the new Brooklyn. Zion has that kind of talent to do the same in New Orleans. Toronto changed forever when Vince touched down.
Who the hell are you to tell him where he should want to be or is amicable for him ? :rofl: :rofl:

In all seriousness, superstars on a rookie deal have power over everything minus the location. Zion can get anyone fired or traded he wants. If he doesn’t like it, he can not sign the QO. He’s got power.

EYE just wish he’d play before he started this move.

Give Seattle and elpablo21 elpablo21 the franchise they deserve.

You seen the fans up there? Amazing. They care. It was tragedy Stern took them away.

S*** Even their MLS team is big up there. It’s nuts there :lol:
MikeandDon.gif

What is the back story on this :lol:

Bron turned Cleveland into the new Brooklyn. Zion has that kind of talent to do the same in New Orleans.

I thought we were all for player empowerment. Now we want Zion to stay in NO cause it's an upgrade over Durham?

I’m not rolling with player empowerment when you’re on a rookie deal.

🤷🏿‍♂️

In all seriousness, superstars on a rookie deal have power over everything minus the location. Zion can get anyone fired or traded he wants. If he doesn’t like it, he can not sign the QO. He’s got power.

EYE just wish he’d play before he started this move.

I am rolling with addict on this one. Giving players the ability to pick choose where they go on a rookie deal completely defeats the a major point of the draft/lottery which providing bad teams with the opportunity to improve through top picks. If this trend were to persist, then players will only get ****** over in the long run.

I am rolling with addict on this one. Giving players the ability to pick choose where they go on a rookie deal completely defeats the a major point of the draft/lottery which providing bad teams with the opportunity to improve through top picks. If this trend were to persist, then players will only get ****ed over in the long run.

I agree with you.

But at what point do we decide it's okay for a player to want to move on? Is it based on years? Individual performance? Team performance?

Zion has no connection to New Orleans besides being drafted there.

Lots of players get drafted into small markets and don’t have a problem with it at least thru their rookie deals…Zion more of an exception then an example of why a team has to move or players don’t wanna be in these type of places

Yo been obsessed with his “brand” and “image” since hs, plus you add in the hype coming in no surprise he acting like he is…The funny thing is the next pick in his draft was Memphis so not like that woulda been much biggger :lol: , woulda had to drop to 3 or 4 for the market to make a difference but then he wouldn’t have that #1 overall selection attached to his legacy

JJ Redick said on BS’s podcast, when he first signed on with New Orleans, that a big reason why was because “of how special he felt it could be playing with a generational type of player and influence that/be a part of that sort of experience at the end of his career.”

Compare that to his comments about Zion on national TV this week.

Zion in NO has been worst-case but it also probably would’ve played out badly in most poorly-run organizations then, no matter the market, if this is what the work ethic and teammate experience is.

I agree with you.

But at what point do we decide it's okay for a player to want to move on? Is it based on years? Individual performance? Team performance?

Zion has no connection to New Orleans besides being drafted there.
Players can leave whenever they want…Just weird his camp and the media been pushing it as it’s some thing wrong with the team and city when he hasn’t even given it a real chance…Just be a 100 wit it and say you mad they had the 1st pick from jump, shoulda requested a trade on draft night like Eli :pimp: …Its hard to play the reputation/image game and move around however you want

Lots of players get drafted into small markets and don’t have a problem with it at least thru their rookie deals…Zion more of an exception then an example of why a team has to move or players don’t wanna be in these type of places

Yo been obsessed with his “brand” and “image” since hs, plus you add in the hype coming in no surprise he acting like he is…The funny thing is the next pick in his draft was Memphis so not like that woulda been much biggger :lol: , woulda had to drop to 3 or 4 for the market to make a difference but then he wouldn’t have that #1 overall selection attached to his legacy

It’s just crazy cause that image and brand is going to find you if you’re really like that.

What is the back story on this :lol:

I am rolling with addict on this one. Giving players the ability to pick choose where they go on a rookie deal completely defeats the a major point of the draft/lottery which providing bad teams with the opportunity to improve through top picks. If this trend were to persist, then players will only get ****ed over in the long run.

I get that….

But Zion could also be doing this now because his agent is telling him that the players will be screwed in the next CBA.

Just a thought.

Small markets already super ******. IDK what they gonnna try to come up with the next CBA, franchise tag or some crazy **** like the nfl does (might be proposed but wouldnt pass). Even still you cant legislate guys being unhappy and checking out/mailing it in, worse case they get a legit injury and just exaggerate because they arent invested enough to want to come back, or just generally sulk and become insufferable until they get their way. I'm pro player emplowerment but also pro you're making generational money, suck it up and play, while still being as empathetic to mental health and acknowledging that rich people have problems and feelings and families and other concerns than entertaining us as fans.

But if you're an OKC or maybe a San Antonio, who can at least sell having a championship heritage, or a Utah, what difference does it make if you even do make the right draft picks and shrewd moves in trade and free agency, you gotta win fast before whoever your franchise cornerstone is wants to move to a "bigger market," which is a farce and less about basketball than lifestyle anyways.

I'm not encouraged, plus our GM is a dufus who thinks his **** don't stink because there was a 3yr run of life changing prospects at the top of the draft he benefitted from. Also, Silver doesnt seem to **** with OKC like Stern did so he isn't rigging any drafts for us like every other franchise who lost a superstar got. Cleveland got a huge compensation package for losing Bron. Or every time a franchise is about to go up for sell they coincidentally get the #1 pick.

But I wouldn't **** with us either, Presti making a mockery of basketball and the lottery/ salary cap rules.

His extension kicks in next year, so maybe next year isn't the year, but if we aren't trying to win by year 2 of his extension I think SGA, in a much more respectable fashion, asks out of here. I don't know how long Presti expects young superstars and veterans who are playing career level ball and need to show out for their next deal to be amiable to sitting out long stretches for phantom injuries so he can increase his amount of ping pong balls, all because they were playing too well and accidentally making us win or almost win games.

Last edited:
I'm not encouraged, plus our GM is a dufus who thinks his **** don't stink because there was a 3yr run of life changing prospects at the top of the draft he benefitted from. Also, Silver doesnt seem to **** with OKC like Stern did so he isn't rigging any drafts for us like every other franchise who lost a superstar got. Cleveland got a huge compensation package for losing Bron. Or every time a franchise is about to go up for sell they coincidentally get the #1 pick.

But I wouldn't **** with us either, Presti making a mockery of basketball and the lottery/ salary cap rules.

I agree/disagree with the bolded. Every single small market team would KILL for that 3 year run that Presti had. Hell, ANY market size team would want that. For better or worse he has the history to support stockpiling picks vs. someone like Deadline Danny who assembled a war chest for no got damb reason.

Speaking of Deadline Danny....the Celtics have very quietly gone from the 9 to 6-seed and only 2 games out of that 3/4/5 seed logjam. I know C's fans are sitting back and loading up the yoppa for the final stretch here :nerd:

The league needs to restructure the super max

They tried to help teams with their home grown talent staying put but it clearly hasn’t worked as intended

Players still leaving and for the players who actually stay, their teams are probably facing cap space issues and luxury tax issues that makes it difficult to retain role players and to continue improving the roster

They tried to help teams with their home grown talent staying put but it clearly hasn’t worked as intended

Players still leaving and for the players who actually stay, their teams are probably facing cap space issues and luxury tax issues that makes it difficult to retain role players and to continue improving the roster
If you sign it you can’t get traded for 2-3 years after it kicks in?

If you don’t sign it you can’t get it again even after trade/FA

Idk. *****z gonna do what they want in the end

Really isn’t it just Zion? And he hasn’t even left yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom