The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
surprised it took RJ this long. i know he let gil slide with all those joke throughout the years :lol:

This isnt what happened.

Racism really bigger than we give it credit for if Nascar is doing numbers like that
It’s all context tho…If they came on at the same time what would you guess the numbers to be like ?…I bet you it’s nba Sunday day games that have better ratings than nascar events so far this year

If it’s not head to head or same time slots these numbers don’t mean **** but talking points

I ain't know RJ did Gilbert dirty like this, soft voice and all. :lol:

Kwame Brown must be so conflicted about this video

On one hand, it is cooking Gilbert Arenas. His archenemy

On the other hand it is coming from Richard Jefferson. Someone he probably would insult as soft, imply is gay, and call a sellout for working for the "white man" at ESPN at a moment's notice

Kwame wouldn't know where to sprinkle momma's cooking

I ain't know RJ did Gilbert dirty like this, soft voice and all. :lol:

not sure why this is a thing

jefferson had/has legit size and was athletic as hell

same reason igoudala and many others went in the lottery

dude just gotta look at miles Simon and why he dropped.. sure arenas should have gone in the 1st but dude wasn’t going in the lottery and he was just outside the 1st

It’s all context tho…If they came on at the same time what would you guess the numbers to be like ?…I bet you it’s nba Sunday day games that have better ratings than nascar events so far this year

If it’s not head to head or same time slots these numbers don’t mean **** but talking points
Who's watching Nascar at all though. That's the wild part.

You guys know RJ has been telling this story for years right? And he didnt "do Gilbert dirty." They are friends.

rq.jpg

Take on that Julius contract and we can make this happen in the offseason.

How many times I have to tell you? Let’s goooooo.

I want your 2027 first rounder too. LeBron - let’s make it happen.

Kwame Brown must be so conflicted about this video

On one hand, it is cooking Gilbert Arenas. His archenemy

On the other hand it is coming from Richard Jefferson. Someone he probably would insult as soft, imply is gay, and call a sellout for working for the "white man" at ESPN at a moment's notice

Kwame wouldn't know where to sprinkle momma's cooking

"Well spoken, shaven brother"

:lol:

Fam really said RJ gave the same exact description of Gil as he did

But "media trained"
sabu (1).png

I dont think RJ dropped a white boy tactics fam
It reminded me of threads when a racist pops in and says something stupid. And then something like this happens in responses...

Regular poster responding to the racist: SMD you racist POS.

Meth: Multiple paragraph essay with citations breaking down how wrong and racist the racist is

Regular Poster's next post: "Meth took the words right out of my mouth.... die slow you racist ************"

Last edited:
You seem to be really new here…but you aren’t telling anybody anything they don’t already know or understand about basketball stereotypes, and white/black/foreign relations to it. We have these convos all the time…and most of it is understood, it’s actually really simple.

But the fact you ended your diatribe with “basketball racism is hating on white guys”….let’s all of us know what time you’re on.

You’d have to ignore the entire history and the system of pro ball (and America frankly) to come to that conclusion. And it’s very, very telling that you did that.

I’m sure you’re silent on mark Cubans comments, the dress code, ownership, the color barrier, white fans abandoning basketball post bird/MJ, the dog whistles, the calling nba players privileged thugs. The dynamic between ownership and players. The ncaa system. The SCHOOLING system. The commodification of black talent from underserved neighborhoods at the level to feed private schools talents and $$$. And this is just like a small portion of the actual racism in basketball/sports. And only the recent ****

For you to confuse basketball stereotypes with actual racism as you come in hot, like you’re telling anybody anything is hilariously sad.

But keep going tho.
You don’t know my perspective on the rest of those issues, and being new here has nothing to do with anything … really.

I am talking about specifically what I referenced. Did you disagree with anything I said there?

Actual racism in America is embellished beyond belief, it sells.

Also, I wasn’t talking about pre-integration pro basketball, or anything like that. I’m talking about modern pro basketball. So miss me with all the other nonsense. Just because your panties are in a bunch that somebody had the stones to bring it up.

Casual fans abandoned basketball post Jordan because the product was dog **** for a while. And because he was so likable. That doesn’t have anything to do with racism. Because they were idolizing and adoring a black man who is the best to ever play the sport.

Dress codes? An employer can institute a dress code for whatever they want. Especially for an image being portrayed to the public, a public that consumes the product. That’s just smart business.

is this one of those race card things where there’s a witchhunt, and it couldn’t possibly be any other reason? As people are known to quickly pull out when confronted?

And no I didn’t come in hot, I replied to a poster, who was addressing blatant stupid racism from somebody else. And I said, like how they’re normally racist in general towards white players. Which is just totally factual and common knowledge, yes, to somebody who follows the sport. Clearly in this thread alone, a lot of people don’t understand what they’re watching. One cat said Reggie Miller is garbage. Clearly the bank IQ around here isn’t really Poppin.

just look how defensive you guys get when the shoe is on the other foot and brought up? It’s actually quite pathetic. And cowardly.

You’re more defensive of arguments I wasn’t even making or talking about, then what I actually did say.
You seem to be really new here…but you aren’t telling anybody anything they don’t already know or understand about basketball stereotypes, and white/black/foreign relations to it. We have these convos all the time…and most of it is understood, it’s actually really simple.

But the fact you ended your diatribe with “basketball racism is hating on white guys”….let’s all of us know what time you’re on.

You’d have to ignore the entire history and the system of pro ball (and America frankly) to come to that conclusion. And it’s very, very telling that you did that.

I’m sure you’re silent on mark Cubans comments, the dress code, ownership, the color barrier, white fans abandoning basketball post bird/MJ, the dog whistles, the calling nba players privileged thugs. The dynamic between ownership and players. The ncaa system. The SCHOOLING system. The commodification of black talent from underserved neighborhoods at the level to feed private schools talents and $$$. And this is just like a small portion of the actual racism in basketball/sports. And only the recent ****

For you to confuse basketball stereotypes with actual racism as you come in hot, like you’re telling anybody anything is hilariously sad.

But keep going tho.
Not even going to engage in this strawman and gaslighting nonsense. We get you. Play your pity woe is me card of a certain variety

You don’t know my perspective on the rest of those issues, and being new here has nothing to do with anything … really.

I am talking about specifically what I referenced. Did you disagree with anything I said there?

Also, I wasn’t talking about pre-integration pro basketball, or anything like that. I’m talking about modern pro basketball. So miss me with all the other nonsense. Just because your panties are in a bunch that somebody had the stones to bring it up.

Casual fans abandoned basketball post Jordan because the product was dog **** for a while. And because he was so likable. That doesn’t have anything to do with racism. Because they were idolizing and adoring a black man who is the best to ever play the sport.

Dress codes? An employer can institute a dress code for whatever they want. Especially for an image being portrayed to the public, a public that consumes the product. That’s just smart business.

is this one of those race card things where there’s a witchhunt, and it couldn’t possibly be any other reason? As people are known to quickly pull out when confronted?

And no I didn’t come in hot, I replied to a poster, who was addressing blatant stupid racism from somebody else. And I said, like how they’re normally racist in general towards white players. Which is just totally factual and common knowledge, yes, to somebody who follows the sport. Clearly in this thread alone, a lot of people don’t understand what they’re watching. One cat said Reggie Miller is garbage. Clearly the bank IQ around here isn’t really Poppin.

just look how defensive you guys get when the shoe is on the other foot and brought up? It’s actually quite pathetic. And cowardly.

You’re more defensive of arguments I wasn’t even making or talking about, then what I actually did say.

Not even going to engage in this strawman and gaslighting nonsense. We get you. Play your pity woe is me card of a certain variety
Looks at join date...

Let me ask, what was your previous screen name on NT?

All the languages in the world and you chose to SPEAK FACTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom