The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i ain’t trying shoot a fair one with that dude

You pull that dirty shh and I’m fighting dirty as hell.. but we fighting

and I aint trying stick around with anyone who throwing piss and feces at people..

went and looked it up, this dude was 30 pulling this dumb shh when he played with glove

That n_ getting JUMPED. IDC if I gotta fly the goons out from my hood.

OKC Thunder rumors: NBA GM said he’s heard that LeBron James wants Thunder GM Sam Presti to replace Rob Pelinka​

lemente Almanza
Sat, February 26, 2022, 8:09 PM

fa250acac1fe1e32b66c84884620c901

When asked about Oklahoma City Thunder rookie guard Josh Giddey during All-Star weekend pressers, Los Angeles Lakers superstar LeBron James unpromptedly started to praise Thunder GM Sam Presti.

“The MVP over there is Sam Presti. He the MVP. I mean, Josh Giddey is great, but Sam Presti — I don’t understand this guy’s eye for talent,” said James. “He drafted KD, Russ, Jeff Green, Serge Ibaka, Reggie Jackson, Josh Giddey and the list goes on and on and on. This guy’s pretty damn good.”
Many speculated that this was a dig from James towards Lakers GM Rob Pelinka, who stood pat at the trade deadline despite James reportedly wanting the Lakers to improve the roster to make a push.
But now Fox Sports’ Ric Bucher recently wrote in his article that this could be more about trying to ploy Presti away from the Thunder to the Lakers as one unnamed Eastern Conference GM told him:
“I heard that he was trying to get Sam Presti in there to replace Rob,” the second Eastern Conference GM said. “I don’t see that happening, but I could see him trying to get Pelinka out of there.”

Considering that the relationship between James and the Lakers is on unsettling grounds right now due to reports of tension, I have a hard time understanding the reasoning behind James wanting Presti to join the Lakers as the 37-year-old is only under contract for next season and has already made his intentions known that he wants to play with his son — current high school junior Bronny James Jr. — in the NBA before retiring.

Presti is also just in his second season of a rebuild with the Thunder where they already have collected two franchise cornerstones in Shai Gilgeous-Alexander and Josh Giddey along with having a historic amount of draft picks in their ammunition. Considering Presti’s history and ties with the franchise, it’s hard to envision him leaving his position just so he could be James’ GM for a few seasons max.

OKC Thunder rumors: NBA GM said he’s heard that LeBron James wants Thunder GM Sam Presti to replace Rob Pelinka​

lemente Almanza
Sat, February 26, 2022, 8:09 PM

fa250acac1fe1e32b66c84884620c901

When asked about Oklahoma City Thunder rookie guard Josh Giddey during All-Star weekend pressers, Los Angeles Lakers superstar LeBron James unpromptedly started to praise Thunder GM Sam Presti.

“The MVP over there is Sam Presti. He the MVP. I mean, Josh Giddey is great, but Sam Presti — I don’t understand this guy’s eye for talent,” said James. “He drafted KD, Russ, Jeff Green, Serge Ibaka, Reggie Jackson, Josh Giddey and the list goes on and on and on. This guy’s pretty damn good.”
Many speculated that this was a dig from James towards Lakers GM Rob Pelinka, who stood pat at the trade deadline despite James reportedly wanting the Lakers to improve the roster to make a push.
But now Fox Sports’ Ric Bucher recently wrote in his article that this could be more about trying to ploy Presti away from the Thunder to the Lakers as one unnamed Eastern Conference GM told him:

Considering that the relationship between James and the Lakers is on unsettling grounds right now due to reports of tension, I have a hard time understanding the reasoning behind James wanting Presti to join the Lakers as the 37-year-old is only under contract for next season and has already made his intentions known that he wants to play with his son — current high school junior Bronny James Jr. — in the NBA before retiring.

Presti is also just in his second season of a rebuild with the Thunder where they already have collected two franchise cornerstones in Shai Gilgeous-Alexander and Josh Giddey along with having a historic amount of draft picks in their ammunition. Considering Presti’s history and ties with the franchise, it’s hard to envision him leaving his position just so he could be James’ GM for a few seasons max.

This is where the line needs to be drawn. I understand he is a Top 2-3 player of all-time and Top 10 in the league currently but he’s in Year 19, already forced you to trade away players for Rust/invest in THT AND he only has one year left on his deal. You don’t shake up your front office and make a hiring for him if you don’t think it’s in your best interest or that he’s staying long term and you can win with him. Same with roster moves.

I wouldn’t make concessions for him anymore, those days should be over 🤷‍♂️

Eric Adams gotta be a Nets fan for real
He's from Brooklyn what do you expect?

Basketball aside. I'm not surprised. He's pushing to "normalize" NYC again with telling companies to send their workers back into offices etc. From what I've seen, companies are following suit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom