The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
C1E3D95F-C42E-4B9F-A501-DD1BFA0CF48D.png

I would say LeBron is responsible for Nunn (good Klutch signing, but bad luck with injury). Probably Rondo too, but the Lakers org has always had an affinity for him.

Ariza is Westbrook's guy. Baze tried to ring chase. Not sure about Jordan or Ellington, but the team did need a shooter and third big.

Man, remember back in Nov-Dec when it was “wait til Nunn, Ariza and them boys get healthy”. :lol:

its truly been a breath of fresh air watching these last 2 games

is this what's its like to have a competent PG ?

we are not relying on embiid post ups for 75% of the game

I havent caught that many Sixers games with Ben, I can kinda just imagine what would be diff with Harden (spacing, players cant go under screens, gravity he has) making it easier for everyone else. Ive caught these 2 past games with Harden, but how drastically are they diff with Jim than Ben? Not saying it wont be that different cause it damn right will be :lol: but I forget how defenses played Ben’s Sixers in the past

Jeannie got to shake up things
i could see them moving on from vogel and pelinka since it is easier to replace those positions, but that core roster is still going to be the same. do the lakers have picks to rebuild or trade?
they'll be forced to surround an even older bron with old talent that are happy to just have a nba paycheck

at least bron can chase kareem and do it in a laker uniform and cement himself as a laker all-time great

I havent caught that many Sixers games with Ben, I can kinda just imagine what would be diff with Harden (spacing, players cant go under screens, gravity he has) making it easier for everyone else. Ive caught these 2 past games with Harden, but how drastically are they diff with Jim than Ben? Not saying it wont be that different cause it damn right will be :lol: but I forget how defenses played Ben’s Sixers in the past

Ben Simmons Has Tried One Shot Outside the Paint This Season - Crossing  Broad

Stay away from others like Lebron guarding Ben Simmons : r/lakers
Is Ben Simmons overrated? Considering his dismal shooting, average defense,  and Embiid's desire to attack the paint, is Ben Simmons' lack of shooting  (spacing) range detrimental to the 76ers' title ambitions? -

LegendOfWinning on Twitter: "LMAO how teams guard Ben Simmons  https://t.co/laLvlIXBzr" / Twitter

now that harden demands some respect its guys like Maxey and Tobi who are open for jumpers

the sixers lacked spacing with ben
if you put him in the post, then you basically have embiid playing on the perimeter, which he can, but he is better ft line and down
ben on the outside was pretty much useless. it was mostly standing around, not much movement, cutting, etc

Russ how you feeling after another embarrassing game on national TV?

ezgif-2-7753d3c208.gif

Lolllllll bruhhhh the fans ready to be done with these clowns

Tell em Russ.

While I am not disagreeing with anything LeBron, Trevor or Rust said, it is my experience that any time someone pivots in THAT manner, they are genuinely perturbed by the original topic. LeBron knows more about basketball than that fan and Rust has beautiful family at home but they are both playing like trash on the 2021-2022 Lakers.

All of those things can be true. However, the topics discussed in post game pressers or comments from fans aren’t about basketball acumen or family. They are about current performance. There’s really not much else to say other than we need to better (because that’s the truth) and keep it pushing.

Who’s clipped first Thibs or Vogel?🤔
Think Thibs makes it to through the end of the season. I’m sure Knicks management realizes they’re not doing anything this season regardless, so not much of a point in letting the coach go with 20 games left.

The Lakers I could see rolling the dice that a coaching change could help “save” the seasons

As you've seen in the photos above, at half court, Ben was essentially useless and Embiid would go out of his way to cater to Ben's weaknesses. They did not have a pick and roll game, Ben would constantly hover around. But one thing that no one mentioned with James was that, prior to his arrival, we would have painful scoring doughts, 4 to 5 minutes without having the ability to secure a basket, think Tobias isos leading to bad misses. Even in the past, other than Jimmy Butler, Tony Wroten was our best option to score the basket when we needed a bucket.

In the 2nd quarter of the Knicks game, I saw the same drought starting where no Sixer could buy a basket, immediately I knew this was another rough stretch, then Harden effortlessly scores a 3 point on the catch and shoot then another step back 3 like it was no big deal, the momentum shifted back to the Sixers. Ben could never do that.

I would also say that Jame and Embiid amplify each other's strengths. Embiid has 27 free throws last night and they were all earned, he wasn't flopping or anything, because of the gravity of James, Embiid's defender is left in.a tough position and all they could do was foul him. With Ben, the defenders would simply leave Ben open and double Embiid.

Lakers got bigger issues that are deeper than Russ. They have 10 total minimums this year. 10.

Buss/Pelinka letting Caruso and Schroder walk this offseason ain't got **** to do with Bron. Two rotation players gone for nothing. Not world beaters, but competent rotation players that fill a role. Two players that wanted to stay in LA, and were going to take discounts. (Schroder did it to himself) You simply can't do that when trying to compete for championships.

You resign them, use the taxpayers MLE on a wing or big instead of Nunn, voila, you have a completely different team and identity.

Horrible asset management. Sure, blame Bron for Westbrook. Nunn got some bad injury luck, but Melo and Nunn been their best bench players.

Keep in mind during allstar a report came out saying the Lakers didn't pursue a s&t with DDR because he wanted more than 2 years. So Bron wasn't as crazy as we all thought and DDR (Dame really) was his first choice.

Buyout deadline is tomorrow. Jeanie's penny pinching and isn't going to waive DAJ, Bazemore, Ellington or Bradley and pay that luxury tax. Team is stuck.

This offseason they're going to have to attempt to move Westbrook and at least one 1st just to get decent rotation guys back in order to be able to compete with decent teams. That combined with AD being in street clothes half the last two seasons, it ain't looking good right now.

Think Thibs makes it to through the end of the season. I’m sure Knicks management realizes they’re not doing anything this season regardless, so not much of a point in letting the coach go with 20 games left.

The Lakers I could see rolling the dice that a coaching change could help “save” the seasons
That’s what I kinda expecting this morning… a knee jerk reaction from la

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom