The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

But Russ also has to know that getting into shouting matches with folks on the sidelines for their words will do nothing but make people do it even more. Damned if you do, Damned if you don't.

BUt we are human, so I can't REALLY say what he should/shouldn't do.

But I would like to see a fan get knocked out and held accountable for their actions.

Russ keep using that 'bigger than basketball' and family talk as an easy out... big baby *** ***** just butthurt on getting called out for being trash stop with the deflection :lol:

The whole situation is weird to me. EYE am not justifying the threats but he's not the first player or public figure to be criticized with stupid names like "Westbrick" or be ridiculed by talking heads. He's on a team with LeBron James who had his jersey burned in the streets, the owner writing a spiteful public letter in Comic Sans to him and all NBA fans hating him for going to Miami. He has one of the best people in the world to talk to about how to deal with this very specific problem. I am not sure addressing it through Twitter or postgame pressers is the most effective course of action.

Lumping the death threats in with "Westbrick" name calling, fans booing and talking heads talking really muddys the waters.

Nah, Son would be undone by the Mexican Taco shops where Breakfast hits you with the Asada Burritos and Lunch sleeps you with the Asada fries and Dinner cripples you with the Asada Street Tacos.

Tin Tan would add tenXten lbs to his *** with the Burrito Bar. ***** would never play again.

44th street too? I know about the taco trucks all up sw 29th, I used to mess with them heavy when I first moved here and dduring lunch from Tinker, would get back late every time/ He wouldn't be out here on the East side himself, probably not anywhere really is probably more of a Door Dash Pass, Uber Eats Diamond, Grubhub Platinum type dude since I can't see someone of his stature pulling up to Taco Bell at 3AM tombout give me 1 of everything and running up a $100 bill, but if he knew about Ice Events Center $5 specials on Friday, or Geronimo's Bakery and Burgers finally got their donuts back, sheyiid, fam would be on my 600 lb Life.

This is just me.
This is just me.
This is just me.

But if I am a grown man, I am telling my wife to CHILL on "coming to my defense" in a public space.

I love that she is fighting for her man's honor and all but as with having your mother come up to the school to address "bullying" it ends up having the inverse effect to those that are targeting you.

#Toxic

I love that she is fighting for her man's honor

I feel for the Kings Doesn’t matter what move they make they still suck. Drafting terribly for the past 20 years didn’t help too. Gotta evaluate your scouting staff.

This is just me.
This is just me.
This is just me.

But if I am a grown man, I am telling my wife to CHILL on "coming to my defense" in a public space.

I love that she is fighting for her man's honor and all but as with having your mother come up to the school to address "bullying" it ends up having the inverse effect to those that are targeting you.

#Toxic

Is she coming to his defense if people are stalking her profile or confronting her in public?

EYE am just asking. P

Is she coming to his defense if people are stalking her profile or confronting her in public?

EYE am just asking. P

But I was also including responding to folks like Skip Bayless.

I know Beal's wife did something similar and I kinda felt the same way.

BUt vs. the fans, do your thing.

But I was also including responding to folks like Skip Bayless.

I know Beal's wife did something similar and I kinda felt the same way.

BUt vs. the fans, do your thing.

It’s an ugly world we live in where people take sports that seriously. Skip isn’t helping with the clown music clips either. Russ ain’t helping with his trash interviews.

Americans are dumb.

If Russ is getting sensitive about people mocking his name then it may be time for him to retire. He doesn't realize that not how gonna hear it being chanted. What's he gonna do?

Russ keep using that 'bigger than basketball' and family talk as an easy out... big baby *** ***** just butthurt on getting called out for being trash stop with the deflection :lol:

On point. Nobody is talking about him off the court, people are talking about his play. His profession, it's not personal.

And he should know all you doing is helping Skip. It's a reason why LeBron don't acknowledge him.

Last edited:
What exactly are these death threats his fam is getting? “Hey Ms Westbrook we gonna take yall for a walk if Russ blows the next game”. Stuff like that?

I know people are crazy but some people like to also troll in very disrespectful ways. It shoudnt happen and thats taking it too far. Hell look at that chick who got tossed out of the game cause she wanted Bronny to die in a car crash. Why would you say that.

It’s an ugly world we live in where people take sports that seriously.

This is one of my biggest takeaways. I love sports but as I've gotten older and seen how toxic and dangerous some fans can be, I've reeled back a bit. I can get light heckling but the fact that a stranger would attempt to put paws on me or make personal insults because I am wearing apparel of the visiting team is wild. Obviously, the next and more egregious step is the folks threatening the lives of players and their families.

Reminds me of folks yelling at Michael Rainey Jr. in public for what happened to Ghost :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom