The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
speaking of fans i was just watching vids from the atlas vs queretaro game in mexico from this weekend and that **** was a full on riot. 17 folks got killed.
:smh:
where are you reading that 17 people died? I'm reading zero deaths.

where are you reading that 17 people died? I'm reading zero deaths.
According to AP, the match was staffed mostly by private security officers. That company will have all of its contracts canceled.

As of Sunday, 23 people were still hospitalized, per the report. Ten of them were in serious condition, and three more were in critical condition. According to TV Azteca’s David Merando Felix, there was an initial early death toll of 17 after the incident. That, however, is still unofficial and is contrary to other reports — including one from Jalisco Gov. Enrique Alfaro.
Looks like a social media thing that spread. Still pretty bad unfortunately

Well it didnt happen on our soil, and soccer in general isnt as popular in the US so thats why it isnt big news here. Also the big controversy with the TS thing is that he didnt stop or try to crowd control.
My man TS was prolly so high he couldn’t see his hands in front of his face

This is actually brilliant :lol:. I can honestly see this working out for him

He has probably had this plan in place since the trade. From a week and a half ago:
So much has happened that this is forgotten but given the latest developments, it’s eem funnier 8 months later:

Another (very likely) thing to consider is that this is financially motivated. Getting traded and playing immediately would be a horrible look in arbitration when he tries to recoup his lost wages from the Sixers.

Fans now booing him as an opposing player isn't going to have any impact on him recouping money :lol:

"Does Ben Simmons deserve a tribute video when he comes back to Philly?"
Next on NBA Today

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Ima need to re-engage my Sixers network because I already found the tribute video they need:

Fans now booing him as an opposing player isn't going to have any impact on him recouping money :lol:

I see where you're coming from but that's not how his representation will flip it. They will say the fans knew about his mental health issues resulting from hostile fans, which is why he didn't want to play in Philly/wanted to get traded, and all hostile acts above and beyond simple "booing" will bolster their claim.

I don't know if it was Rich or his lawyers but as folks have said, it's actually really smart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom