The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Act Surprised GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

who's the bigger hack - doc rivers or tom thibodeau? doc has been getting away with lots his whole coaching career, but i'm going with the latter here. thibs just plain fraudulent

Doc is a top 15 coach of all time and a bottom 10 coach this season. It takes a lot to have both but I believe that should be the definition of a hack.

Doc is a top 15 coach of all time and a bottom 10 coach this season. It takes a lot to have both but I believe that should be the definition of a hack.

When we talk about milking that 2008 championship beyond its expiration date, Doc Rivers has to be the biggest culprit and beneficiary. He has done nothing but fail in every round of the playoffs since then despite having various casts consisting of current All-NBA talents but because he accumulated regular season wins over that 14-year stretch, he’s somehow worthy of being mentioned with the likes of Phil, Pat Riley and Gregg Popovich as a Top 15 Coach of All-Time.

Not going to knock him for getting his checks but this level of privilege is insane. Black Doc has failed up even more than White Doc :lol:

A player becoming number #2 on the NBA all time scoring list is far from a superficial make-up of a stat but ok you hate Lebron we get it.
I'm not just talking about Lebron. I'm talking about any player that their sense of motivation is to make themselves look good eventhough the team needs a sense of direction or leadership. it does reflect back on those players and considering where the Lakers are now, they are all garbage. it's not just the loss but how the team loses in a despicable way. unless of course, you can't relate to that as a basketball follower.

When we talk about milking that 2008 championship beyond its expiration date, Doc Rivers has to be the biggest culprit and beneficiary. He has done nothing but fail in every round of the playoffs since then despite having various casts consisting of current All-NBA talents but because he accumulated regular season wins over that 14-year stretch, he’s somehow worthy of being mentioned with the likes of Phil, Pat Riley and Gregg Popovich as a Top 15 Coach of All-Time.

Not going to knock him for getting his checks but this level of privilege is insane. Black Doc has failed up even more than White Doc :lol:
Powe and Pierce saved his butt during that 2008 championship year. it had nothing to do with his coaching. the Celtics could have won in 2010 also with proper and timely coaching as well. a lot of questionable bad strategy doomed that series for the Celtics. from what I have seen, Doc's strategy has always been relying on that "one guy" to do it for you and still hold true to this day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom