The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The best time to rest players is against a potential playoff opponent when you haven't been playing well while also trying to develop chemistry.
Sixers operate without logic lol

But all jokes aside, this is the 3rd time we’ve played Miami on the 2nd end of a back to back…and i believe there’s another 2 b2b we got before the season ends

who's the bigger hack - doc rivers or tom thibodeau? doc has been getting away with lots his whole coaching career, but i'm going with the latter here. thibs just plain fraudulent

who's the bigger hack - doc rivers or tom thibodeau? doc has been getting away with lots his whole coaching career, but i'm going with the latter here. thibs just plain fraudulent
Doc easy. Thibs may have his stubborn ways but hes made a difference everywhere he's coached. He's had some bad luck with injuries but still Doc has had better teams and done less.

Raps defense been scary lately, what they've done to Biid and Jokic this past month's pretty wild. If that's how that's how they're coming into the playoffs, I need Raps/Bucks first quarter
all they had to do is to take care of possession and make free-throws specially in the last minute. they wasted that what was already a win against the team from southern California.

one is a fraud and one is just the opposite of it. Doc has been blessed with great players and still can't win with them. I'm surprised that Doc is still in the league coaching. Thibs is able to atleast develop or get a mediocre team in the playoffs.

Who has the assist record? Stockton?

Lebron going to try to get the triple double average next season to join Russ, Oscar Robertson and pass Stockton in assists and Kareem in points.

Yep - Stockton has it pretty well out of sight. He had a higher per game average than Lebron and great longevity and durability too.

Lebron is currently 7th with a bunch of guys just ahead of him - he needs about another 20 games at 6 per game to pass Magic, then another 30 games to get to Mark Jackson and Steve Nash.

That's definitely possible next year and would leave him 4th all time.

Chris Paul is another 550ish ahead of them - another 93 games. That's about halfway through the 23/24 season.

Then you've got Kidd and Stockton - 200 more games to get to Kidd and another 619 to get to Stockton...

So, to get to 3rd he has to basically play 2 more full seasons, play most games, and continue at his current rate - possible if he stays healthy but he's not going any higher.

With no drop-off in games played or performance (incredibly unlikely) Kidd would be the end of the 25/26 season I think and Stockton would be about the end of the 33/34 season - definitely not happening!

Bron breaks the scoring record, is KD the next, most logical person to possibly top Lebron if he stays healthy?

I say yeah, but I think KD is the type to retire early. Maybe at age 36

Bron breaks the scoring record, is KD the next, most logical person to possibly top Lebron if he stays healthy?

I say you but I think KD is the type to retire early. Maybe at age 36

KD doesn't stand a chance to catch Bron. Too many injuries. If I had to place a bet on someone it would be Luka but he needs to get his weight under control to play long enough to do it.

Next would be Lamelo but he needs to pick up his scoring pace.

277101583_5728674427161034_47037483796100634_n.jpg

Looking like Luka in year 20.

I say yeah, but I think KD is the type to retire early. Maybe at age 36
Not a chance. KD and Bron average the same amount of career points but KD has missed basically two full seasons also. The scoring record is gonna be pretty much untouchable once Bron is done.

Luka won’t have the longevity. Can’t see him playing 20 years with how he devalues staying in shape. Plus he seems to get a lot of knick knack injuries

KD doesn't stand a chance to catch Bron. Too many injuries. If I had to place a bet on someone it would be Luka but he needs to get his weight under control to play long enough to do it.

Next would be Lamelo but he needs to pick up his scoring pace.

Averaging 27+ over 19yrs is insane.

There's not one young player in the league currently who i think could pull it off.

Even when you think of great young scorers like Tatum he's only 20.4ppg for his career.

Luka and Trae are 25+ for their careers so far but i don't see 20yrs for either guy.

I never thought the day would come that people are more interested on stat-records than actually watching, playing and winning a great game of basketball. but I guess considering the Lakers lose so much that people had to wash and sanitize that abominable losses with superficial make-up. however, glorifying some lame stats is still not worth celebrating.

James Harden does need to be better but the obvious problem is the bench. All the starters were positive and the entire bench was negative.

I never thought the day would come that people are more interested on stat-records than actually watching, playing and winning a great game of basketball. but I guess considering the Lakers lose so much that people had to wash and sanitize that abominable losses with superficial make-up. however, glorifying some lame stats is still not worth celebrating.

A player becoming number #2 on the NBA all time scoring list is far from a superficial make-up of a stat but ok you hate Lebron we get it.

Averaging 27+ over 19yrs is insane.

There's not one young player in the league currently who i think could pull it off.

Even when you think of great young scorers like Tatum he's only 20.4ppg for his career.

Luka and Trae are 25+ for their careers so far but i don't see 20yrs for either guy.

Yeah it's nuts it would take a player coming into the league around the age 18-19, averaging 20+ from the jump and maintain that level of play for 2 decades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom