The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Miss you Do It Mitch.

Miss you Beanie Sigel.

Miss you Michigan Legend Earvin Abracadabra Johnson

It's crazy to think Kobe and Shaq came the year after Magic came back

During the offseason, apparently Magic was thinking about coming back for one more... I wonder if they would have still ended up with Shaq and Kobe :wow: Magic was still playing well at 36, I vaguely remember the hoopla but he was always producing off the bench

I did a quick recap on the 1995-1996 comeback season and I do remember Van Exel getting suspended for shoving the ref and Magic calling him out... but then Magic himself did the same thing shortly after and got suspended too :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Ceballos getting salty and leaving the team :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I gotta look back at that year and pull up the full Bulls vs Lakers game and also some of those Playoff games vs Hakeem and Clyde

Kobe talking like he's old at 23 lol

Hearing the refs conspire is hilarious

I still remember those A.i. moves like it was yesterday. They still blow me away. That catch from behind the back board and throwing it in is against the law :sick:

Also this is a microcosm of their last 3 months, and what concerns you about the playoffs

They are elite at generating open jumpers. Every possession, they can get them off. You just don’t know how many they’re gonna knock down anymore :lol: And then none of their top 4 particularly like contact. Wiggins did at one point early in Minnesota, don’t know what happened.

So They went dry, and finally decided to get something in the paint. Very very basic stuff to get Wiggins on a much shorter guard but Orlando is a terrible team so they had this whenever they wanted it:

Could spam this until they send help, instead Poole not even looking for him again :lol:

Franz able to switch back & Orlando will live with that matchup straight-up, which Franz won that time.

Mediocre jump shooting & decision making are what worry you with these guys.

so this is practically what Green's only purpose is?

I will agree that 14+ look the best. But some of the OG’s look sharp.

Ppl that hate on LeBron also hate on his shoes, they just hate the man. Don’t get it.
so basically, I'm not a Lebron hater ! :rofl:

on the other side of things, hating on a certain player does have an influence on people's purchases. I knew some people that just plainly don't like Lebron at all, so they never buy anything that Lebron promotes. although people have also other criteria for not liking the shoe, like style/materials/brand/preference.

Remember in summer league his rookie season when Bron got dunked on by a dude iirc named Britton Johnsen? I wonder what ever happened to him.

Edit: He's a motivational speaker. And no mention of dunking on LeBron. Couldn't be me, I'd legally change my middle name to "IdunkedonLeBron"
who was that guy that dunked on Lebron that Nike had to take and hide the tape away?

It's crazy to think Kobe and Shaq came the year after Magic came back

During the offseason, apparently Magic was thinking about coming back for one more... I wonder if they would have still ended up with Shaq and Kobe :wow: Magic was still playing well at 36, I vaguely remember the hoopla but he was always producing off the bench

I did a quick recap on the 1995-1996 comeback season and I do remember Van Exel getting suspended for shoving the ref and Magic calling him out... but then Magic himself did the same thing shortly after and got suspended too :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Ceballos getting salty and leaving the team :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I gotta look back at that year and pull up the full Bulls vs Lakers game and also some of those Playoff games vs Hakeem and Clyde
that was an amazing year. never liked Van Exel as he ends up with tunnel vision whenever he gets heated up. Ceballos was good and too bad he got issues. Magic is Magic, so comparing Van Exel to Magic is not even fair.

Bulls getting smacked by a good team again eh. Yeah nvm got no faith in them for a good playoff run. Dont know what it is about em.
they might be getting smacked by a good team but atleast they are better than the team from southern California getting blown by bottom dwellers even with superstars. :rofl:

Fr__d

But What about that time he beat the minny starters with a team of scrubs? Or that time he played all those minutes?

He is a "star" without any star moments. But he's the perfect guy for the "Heat Culture we work harder than anyone blah blah blah" nonsense.

Since pre-draft, always looked at Hunter as a potential elite 3 and D with minimal creation. Which is totally fine imo, I think every team needs that. He's living up to almost exactly that early on, of course not elite yet, but on the path

If Luka had that roster I feel like they'd be wrecking the league, but maybe I'm overrating Luka idk

You're not overrating Luka but I would say you're overrating this hawks roster. Which I don't blame you that ECF run tricked a lot of us myself included about where/what this roster (outside of Trae) really is.

BUT that being said an explanation is not an excuse. While this roster isn't really a Conference Finals roster it damn sure should be better than a hovering around .500 10th in the East roster they still have enough to be better than that so they still been underperforming and disappointing regardless and there's no excuse for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom