The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

I thought about this a lot.... and I still don't know what to think :lol:

Wouldn't call Lebby's tenure with the Lakers a failure because they got a championship definitely disappointing to a degree.

If Kiwi and MVPG come byke healthy (huge if for sure), with Lue coaching and their supporting pieces, you can easily pencil them in as one of the favorites to come out West.

Nets are bit more tricky because no telling what you are getting outta Ben Simmons and they're depth is questionable.

I applaud the Boston Celtics for how they've turned it around this season and got better as the season progressed.

A real leader like Marcus Smart calls out the two best players on the team I believe around Nov or Dec, stirred some things up in the organization, and they've leveled up ever since and are #2 in the East.

Ntm, the biggest reason the Celtics are better playoff contenders than in year's past - the re-additions of veteran Bigs, Horford and Theis, to complement star role player Robert Williams, whom I wish were a Laker. BOS got a trio of solid bigs that's built to compete in the playoffs. Plus they all perfect fits with Tatum and Brown, especially Williams.

Meanwhile, the reason the Lakers never played with any sense of urgency all year long?
This team is SOFT. From the top down. *gimme that Kobe to Dwight you soft gif*

There is ZERO FRICTION on this team and is why none of them could ever challenge one another.

Every one of these players, including the coaching staff, is too damn nice and none of them have the balls to create a little bit of friction in order to bring out the best in one another.

All of em, including Lebron the passive aggressive so-called LeLeader of the team as well as management, I hold 100% accountable.

Wouldn't call Lebby's tenure with the Lakers a failure because they got a championship definitely disappointing to a degree.
not a total failure but highly embarrassing. even the Lakers championship was even debatable and questionable, almost like the Spurs' lockout championship. it is just difficult to swallow considering all the expectations and hype that surrounded the Lakers and ending up having the worst result of any Super Team ever assembled. they quit, they never competed and even lost what was pretty much a lock for the charity event for the losers to play in the playoffs. losing how many games exactly in those last 15/16 games of the season? as a basketball fan, the 2022 Lakers are laughable.

Now that all the Bron hate out, from an individual standpoint/highlights, we never seen someone in year 19 put on dunks/stats like this. Hate him all you want, but you know this the longest high level individual play in NBA history, and longest running prime after Tom Brady, at some point it’s like how is this even real

Bron career good, billionaire, he may never make playoffs again, and at worst he Number 2 all time & if you really hate him Number 3

See ya next year when Kareem record gets broke

Oh for the haters, just a reminder them all around #’s can’t stop, won’t stop, never seeing it again in your life, just off stats alone he in your top 3 and ain’t a damn thing you can do about it.

Older graphic but you know what it is

EA912882-3D55-4C45-927D-60B8919567B3.jpeg
B0BBC0E6-2A91-440E-B027-0729848151DF.jpeg

Bron > Brady (basketball basketball player vs a QB)

All Brady doing is throwing the ol pig skin around. Does dude even sweat enough to need a shower post game? Bron out there running, playing defense (lol), layups, dunks, dealing with Russ, etc. Aint no miles on a QB. Them boys got fresh legs.

He literally just won a championship two years ago for the Lakers… It’s a pretty big deal. But like I said I guess the bubble championship meant nothing If people are hating like this

Mickey Mouse ring def counts as much as a regular ring but also an asterisk just for notations sake. Not cause its a lesser ring but its like the lockout season. It counts as much as a regular ring but you also have to just notate it was during a lock out season. The Mickey ring counts, just gotta notate the circumstances behind it.

Both have been abject failures thus far on the “Bron Scale” where everything is in absolutes. Still have this playoffs and next to turn it around though.

NipseyRustle said:
"Better than anyone anticipated" to me, means a 4 seed or higher in the east. That's not happening. No way, no how.

bulls ended the season better than anticipated, thats a fact.
in YOUR opinion they needed to be the 4th seed for that to happen.

bulls were picked by NO one to finish top 5-6 in the NBA in the east thus ending the season better than anticipated......i'd think most(60%) would agree with me

its also fact that the cavs finished better than anticipated
its also fact that the nets and knicks finished worse than anticipated
why? because MOST would not have put these teams in their current spots before the season

Last edited:
Mickey Mouse ring def counts as much as a regular ring but also an asterisk just for notations sake. Not cause its a lesser ring but its like the lockout season. It counts as much as a regular ring but you also have to just notate it was during a lock out season. The Mickey ring counts, just gotta notate the circumstances behind it.

Lebron is the only player in NBA history that can win a championship and still be considered a failure. No other player in sports history is held to these standards.

If people say the 2020 ring doesn’t count then none of GS’s 3 rings count.

It would of counted had they lost….

“How could he lose, everyone staying At same place, no fans, no distractions, its like pickup basketball, best team wins, mentally weak, Mike would of stayed another 90 days in the bubble”……

People act like Lakers were not 1 of the top seeds in the west and cameoff a weekend where they beat top teams like Bucks/Clippers prior to the pandemic starting

We know this, end of the day he got 4 and his stats are top of the top, like I said before, he can never make playoffs again, his legacy is cemented, and at worst ends up as 2nd best all time

Last edited:
I said it in the offseason last year. The bubble championship looks so bad, because its was preceded and followed with complete **** years of basketball from the Lakers.

If the Lakers made deep playoff runs and fell short, it would be viewed differently.

To miss the playoffs 2 years and win only 2 games the other year is crazy, for a team who won a championship just 2 years ago.

We tend to view championship teams in a span rather than a year to year basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom