The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kawhi on LAC and KD in BKN is more comparable to AD on LAL. All had major injuries and missed a significant amount of games.

NipseyRustle said:
"Better than anyone anticipated" to me, means a 4 seed or higher in the east. That's not happening. No way, no how.

bulls ended the season better than anticipated, thats a fact.
in YOUR opinion they needed to be the 4th seed for that to happen.

bulls were picked by NO one to finish top 5-6 in the NBA in the east thus ending the season better than anticipated......i'd think most(60%) would agree with me

its also fact that the cavs finished better than anticipated
its also fact that the nets and knicks finished worse than anticipated
why? because MOST would not have put these teams in their current spots before the season
Seeing how the Bulls season went i’d say they underachieved and not overachieved. They were leading the East for awhile and Derozan was getting consideration for MVP. Their roster and them being in the East many people expected them to be better than a 6th seed. They flamed out hard but they should have finished the season at least top 4 if not better.

Lebron is the only player in NBA history that can win a championship and still be considered a failure. No other player in sports history is held to these standards.

If people say the 2020 ring doesn’t count then none of GS’s 3 rings count.
Did Lebron play for the Warriors?

Seeing how the Bulls season went i’d say they underachieved and not overachieved. They were leading the East for awhile and Derozan was getting consideration for MVP. Their roster and them being in the East many people expected them to be better than a 6th seed. They flamed out hard but they should have finished the season at least top 4 if not better.

Nah they had no depth and Zach missed time. That stuff they were on early wasn’t sustainable. Even with dekobe playing out of his mind

It would of counted had they lost….

“How could he lose, everyone staying At same place, no fans, no distractions, its like pickup basketball, best team wins, mentally weak, Mike would of stayed another 90 days in the bubble”……

Attachments

• practice-we-talkin-bout-practice.jpg
    practice-we-talkin-bout-practice.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 288
I said it in the offseason last year. The bubble championship looks so bad, because its was preceded and followed with complete **** years of basketball from the Lakers.

If the Lakers made deep playoff runs and fell short, it would be viewed differently.

To miss the playoffs 2 years and win only 2 games the other year is crazy, for a team who won a championship just 2 years ago.

We tend to view championship teams in a span rather than a year to year basis.
well it didn't help the Lakers case as well like winning the championship as one of the contenders to win to just barely making the playoffs thru the charity play-in event to missing the play-in and playing miserably as a team that was supposed to be a heavy favorite for the championship this year. for example, like how the Heat and Cavs made it to the playoffs and championship year after year. there was no show of dominance since Lebron came to the Lakers other than individual stats synonymous to Rust's triple-doubles that went nowhere deep into the playoffs, always a first rounder exit.

I think the good faith convo on this is to compare these 3 after the same number of seasons played…So if ppl calling Lebron a “failure” with the Lakers now then wait n see where KD n Khawi stand in 2 more years (the 4 season mark)
If Lebron has been disappointing with the Lakers it has a lot to do with him and AD being injured and unavailable. So why do kawhi and KD get a pass? Clippers went further with kawhi out than they did with him

Celtics started out bad then regrouped. Seems like they made it a mission to play every game hard and as a team. In today’s NBA that’ll win you a number of games especially when the other team just shows up because they’re scheduled to.

If Lebron has been disappointing with the Lakers it has a lot to do with him and AD being injured and unavailable. So why do kawhi and KD get a pass? Clippers went further with kawhi out than they did with him
Didn’t give anybody a pass because but I’m not gon compare 4 seasons of Bron to 2 of the others cuz it doesn’t make any sense

But if you wanna go the teammate injury/unavailable route they can all get passes then :lol:

Didn’t give anybody a pass because but I’m not gon compare 4 seasons of Bron to 2 of the others cuz it doesn’t make any sense

But if you wanna go the teammate injury/unavailable route they can all get passes then :lol:
wait so you only count it as two seasons because they were hurt and missed the entire season? Lol but Bron has his team in first place then Solomon Hill dives into his ankle and he misses a significant amount of time and finishes in the 8th seed knocking out Steve along the way going up 2 - 1 on the first place Suns before AD goes down and that’s a knock on Lebron? That’s a failure? That other cat in here called it embarrassing basketball lmao

wait so you only count it as two seasons because they were hurt and missed the entire season? Lol but Bron has his team in first place then Solomon Hill dives into his ankle and he misses a significant amount of time and finishes in the 8th seed knocking out Steve along the way going up 2 - 1 on the first place Suns before AD goes down and that’s a knock on Lebron? That’s a failure? That other cat in here called it embarrassing basketball lmao

Different standards for different players. You gotta keep up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom