The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there many suitors for Oubre and Rozier?

Rozier set to make $21 million next season.

Guarantee there’s a market for Rozier. Oubre’s deal isn’t fully guaranteed for next season. That Hayward contract is bad but it’s not hindering the tank cause he ain’t gonna be there 60% of the time.

Hornets could have easily shifted into tank mode but they re-signed Rozier last summer. They packed bouknight away a long time ago. Just seems like the weak way out of you believe lamelo is that guy

Mikal Bridges huh? :lol:

I totally understand Charlotte wanting to play free agency in the ‘23 off-season which the last year of Melo’s rookie deal.

Mitch would basically only want 2 of WPG/Terry/Bridges on the books, plus PJ’s extension and they’d be somewhere around 95-100 payroll with a $125M cap. So I get the cap flexibility angle.

I just dont know if the Lakers ‘27 first rounder + cap space is attractive enough for Mitch to salary dump a guy, and bring in someone who doesn’t complement Melo after you (likely) failed to qualify for the playoffs for the 2nd straight year.

The offense takes a step back, the defense still sucks, you drop 50 games & Mitch gets fired :lol:

Oh and a Russ/pairing is gonna get you 10th again if you choose to keep Russ. So what are you gaining if the lakers won’t give up a pick?

MJ ain't dumb enough to give up a + young player like PJ in a dump for WB. That would be bad even for him. Even Oubre who's expiring and has value a an athletic 3(kinda)&D wing.

Heyward works because his availability has always been an issue. Trading Russ for him and Plumlee (a big they don't want anyway) works only in that aspect.

Pelinka wanna add a pick or two then yeah someone like PJ Washington with an impending extension makes perfect sense. Maybe Oubre.

Rozier another possibility with his $100 mil left to pay. Think Jordan would consider sending him off, but that's another 20ms in contracts to match WB he'd be giving the Lakers in warm bodies and that's asking alot.

But I just don't see it with the year Rustle has had. Think Heyward/Plumlee is enough if they're sweetening the pot you gotta be giving up future picks.

if Danny doesn’t get cooked by Frederick tonight then *you could* get away with not having Maltese

It might actually force Glenn to use the Maxey/Tobias/Korkmaz trio instead of forcing Harden with bench players thing

Oh and a Russ/pairing is gonna get you 10th again if you choose to keep Russ. So what are you gaining if the lakers won’t give up a pick?
If they go through with it, then they just really want to get out of Rozier’s contract without taking much back.

You're only a failure if the Knicks have a better season than you

screen-shot-2022-04-05-at-11-57-09-pm-png.2953813

screen-shot-2022-04-05-at-11-57-16-pm-png.2953814

6E12D057-D0A1-4F14-81A4-8885B1F6975C.jpeg

Wonder where Dame's head is at right now...

Team is horrible, this years draft pick won't be life changing and the Clips & Denver will be better next year in addition to Phoenix, Memphis, GS and Dallas.

I say all of that to say this....

Russ for Dame.

The Sixers must've known Thybulle not being vaccinated could be an issue, yet they signed DJ to fill the last roster spot even though he's terrible and not any better than Reed/Bassey/Millsap. Genius roster building.

The Sixers must've known Thybulle not being vaccinated could be an issue, yet they signed DJ to fill the last roster spot even though he's terrible and not any better than Reed/Bassey/Millsap. Genius roster building.
They had many holes to fill but choosing DJ was probably the worst choice they could make with their bullet

They had to replace Seth's spacing and shooting, Drummond's backup to Embiid role and a potential unvaxxed Thybulle...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom