The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly props to the rookies who take bad shots out of the gate takes a lot of balls . I knew green wouldnt lack confidence

Poku came from the second div in europe to taking contested step backs:lol:

Props to the coaching staff and teammates to enable them to do this too. Reminds me of the Monta/ Klay story:

“His rookie season, there was a game where Klay took too many 3s for Monta Eliis’ liking… Monta Ellis just ripped into this rookie: ‘you’re taking too many shots. Pass the ball. You’re just a rook’… The very next offensive possession, ball swings, goes to Klay. He takes the first shot and makes a 3. I’m thinking, ‘this kid is an ice-cold killer’.”

At what point will we give up on the dream of Zion getting his weight under control? This is year 3 of being a professional basketball player.

At some point he is what he is.

Man I remember Beal's first four years he barely made any strides and was hurt a lot. People said that he is what he is, it took him a bit longer to really reach that elite level but he's here. That being said, it is concerning that Zion is consistently out of shape.

what are you talking about. what exaggerations?
how am I exaggerating about my subjective evaluation?

how would you know unless you're reading my mind?
Idk your fifth tier eval of barnes reminded me of when you told me jaylen brown should not be a top 20 pick, off the top of my head

Man I remember Beal's first four years he barely made any strides and was hurt a lot. People said that he is what he is, it took him a bit longer to really reach that elite level but he's here. That being said, it is concerning that Zion is consistently out of shape.

I'm not really talking about his on court performance. We all know Zion got it but when a 3rd year player reports to the team in worst shape than he was his rookie season? Dude is supposedly 300lbs?

Red flag.

So they tried get Masai out of there only for the guy behind it to get sent packing instead :lol::lol:

Explains why his extension took so long, nice that cooler heads and common sense prevailed but wouldn't have blamed Masai at all if he had bounced after that.

Wild though how even on the executive level, you've still gotta watch your back at all times cause the moment someone feels some way about you, the uppity charges start up and folks wanna take you down a peg no matter how much success you've brought them >D:smh:

The funniest part of it is having it come from people who never earned their place on merit in the first place, just because they were born to the right family yet feeling entitled enough to think they know best.

That, he doesn’t appear to be in great shape and, since Jim just likes to hoop, hang with rappers and support working single moms, the Kyrie circus is probably irritating him.
Yeah I believe he's a little disinterested with the Kyrie stuff

Masai always getting caught up in **** he don’t deserve

Hope he getting treated like a king now if not he gotta get up outta there

Giddey has a lot of the Lamelo profile to him outside of the volume 3pt shooting. Same size and was putting up triple doubles in the same league pre-NBA. Lot of folks probably underestimated him, including myself a bit in the draft process. Thought he was going to go closer to the late lotto. He was the 2nd youngest player in the draft to Kuminga though and obviously had skills, so didn't seem like THAT massive of a reach to me. After the top 5 or so, everybody had some warts.

Giddey has a lot of the Lamelo profile to him outside of the volume 3pt shooting. Same size and was putting up triple doubles in the same league pre-NBA. Lot of folks probably underestimated him, including myself a bit in the draft process. Thought he was going to go closer to the late lotto. He was the 2nd youngest player in the draft to Kuminga though and obviously had skills, so didn't seem like THAT massive of a reach to me. After the top 5 or so, everybody had some warts.
You could say a lot of people are Giddey with excitement about him

Idk your fifth tier eval of barnes reminded me of when you told me jaylen brown should not be a top 20 pick, off the top of my head

yes, if you want to just have consensus group think draft takes im sorry I don't do that. I had Barnes 12th on my board.

I also had Fred Van Vleet as a first round pick when he went undrafted but I guess that was also an exaggeration.

I was much higher on Lamelo than you, maybe that was also an exaggeration?

if you want to accuse me of bad draft takes, well

you-got-me-walter-white.gif

yes, if you want to just have consensus group think draft takes im sorry I don't do that. I had Barnes 12th on my board.

I also had Fred Van Vleet as a first round pick when he went undrafted but I guess that was also an exaggeration.

Forgot to mention you said Anthony edwards was a football player

Forgot to mention you said Anthony edwards was a football player

yes and I said I would take him at #2 if Ball wasn't available.

for reference what I said right before the draft;

normally I like to post a big board before the draft but tbh. I have zero strong opinions about this draft other than "Lamelo Ball has the highest ceiling" and "James Wiseman has the highest floor."

but the rest of the dudes mocked in the lottery basically from like 3-15 I have no idea how you can project with confidence any of those dudes will turn out.

I would be terrified to draft Anthony Edwards but the draft stinks so I guess I would have to if ball wasn't available.

You've had a few weird and excessive takes, which is all I said. I don't think you have generally bad takes I don't think anyone does. It's all a crap shoot at the end of the day

Just pointing out that these specific rooks are doing what they were generally projected to do so far

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom