The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

5703785359_873ff76ee7_z.jpg

Originally Posted by lauk4kicks

Originally Posted by SoleFX

For the T2I anyone got any recommendations for Lens that improve image quality and makes it more crisp? ($500 Range)
Not as much as a lense expert as other NTers here but, I think the Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 runs around there. I think there is a sigma version too?
If not, I'd say get the Canon 17-55mm f/2.8
smile.gif
but that will run you double.
Cosign on the Tamron 17-50. I  have the Non-VC version. Great walk around lens especially if you don't want to drop the cash on the canon 17-55mm. 

is the Sigma 10-20mm f3.5 a good wide lens?
nerd.gif

any other suggestions for a good wide lens?

i use a D90 btw..
thanks

Originally Posted by yallayalla

is the Sigma 10-20mm f3.5 a good wide lens?
nerd.gif

any other suggestions for a good wide lens?

i use a D90 btw..
thanks
can't get better than the Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8. for $600, it's built like a tank, fast aperture (2.
glasses.gif
, and Tokina's quality control is better than sigma.

What's going on chaps, I just scooped a Canon EOS Rebel X S from a thrift shop for the LOW. I bought some film (Fujifilm X-Tra 800 speed 24 exp.) and took it for a test run. It seemed to be working well, the flash came on, the screen on top displayed how many shots I had left and the lens was working. I took it to CVS to get my shots printed and the roll was empty. Anyone know what could have happened? I really like this camera and would like to get it in working condition.

Spoiler [+]

Taken from my Droid 2 sorry if they suck.

some random shots I took over the summer which I finally got around to editing recently
the Maryland -> Cali -> Maryland roadtrip was becoming something of an annual tradition, but now I live in AZ =/

(sorry about the intrusive watermark on this one)

New Orleans

haggard_perfection_by_thewarmthrestswithin-d3frii6.jpg

near Jackson Hole, WY

unbeaten_path_by_thewarmthrestswithin-d3fri28.jpg

near Jackson Hole, WY

shining_home_by_thewarmthrestswithin-d3frheg.jpg

somewhere? in Texas
laugh.gif

should_i_stop_by_thewarmthrestswithin-d3frgue.jpg

Originally Posted by presequel

what lens and settings are you using?

Canon EF 100mm F/2

I normally don't shoot flowers and such, so I really don't have a need for the macro capable 100's out there. Even with my portraits I notice that the bokeh and dof are great, but the sharpness is lacking.

Back
Top Bottom