The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Top Deck at Dodger Stadium. September 2010

Not sure what CLP means. I bought it from Best Buy. I actually just finished paying off a laptop on a Best Buy credit card and had enough credit to get the Mark 2 body and a 50mm 1.8. It all came out to about $2067 after tax. The credit card has a 18 month no APR, so when I break it down, I pay a little over a $100 a month.
And after shooting with the camera mildly for a day, the Mark 2 is really different from a Nikon. I still stand by it and say Nikon has the best interface out there from just the white balance adjustments to even the in house editing in the camera. Also I find Nikon colors to be a little more bold the the Mark 2 that I have. The only thing I can think of is cause I am shooting with a budget lens right now and that is why my pics are only so so. I am looking to get the Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L out of all the lenses that Canon has to offer. I was thinking getting the 35mm L-lens but that zoom provides that and more. Anyone have other recommendations on lenses with a full frame? Looking for a wide lens just for general use.

16-35 is the best wide one out

24-70 is the next best thing

New Pics, if you have a spare minute come peep them.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/a_mad_tea_party/

Also, if you are in Rome or going this upcoming 2 months. this Friday the 5th my exhibition titled "God Less Us All" opens in Rome.

Via dei Serpenti 124

Basically the downtown art district, if you are in Rome this Friday from 6.30 pm there will be free beer, free music, 3 pairs of free sneakers courtesy of Reebok and more.

If you are coming to the city in the next months the photos will be on display for 2 months.

Last edited:
Don't know why, but after this whole change NT went through, I couldn't sign in with my OG account (tony23retro)

I need a quality lens to get the most out of this 5DM2.

How the heck do you add an image from Flickr?

Don't know why, but after this whole change NT went through, I couldn't sign in with my OG account (tony23retro)

I need a quality lens to get the most out of this 5DM2.

How the heck do you add an image from Flickr?
there should be an embedd code somewhere

Need help please

I recently purchased a Canon 60D with the 18-135mm lens kit. Also purchased the 70-300mm IS USM lens too (for sports)

What the easiest way to understand Aperture, ISO, Depth of field etc.

My pictures are coming out great when Im out doors but when Im in doors, they suck. The lighting and moving objects kill me. Need help to set up my camera.

When Im taking pictures outside, I use the AV mode and I can control my ISO and the number blank POINT blank (sorry, dont know what tahts called). I have it on AI SERVO

When Im taking pictures inside, my pictures come out looking like they're smeared but its only the pictures when people are moving. Still pictures are coming out ok but a little dark.

WHAT DO I NEED TO DO TO FIX THIS. Thanks guys..

Here are some outside pics

I still can't figure out how to add images onto here from Flickr.

I've copied and pasted every damn link, none of them work.

Any help? Thanks!

pimp.gif

Your shutter speed slow and you need a better lens with a lower f stop to shoot in low lighting or a speed light look at the the Ben guide to photography on the front page and that will help you understand.

I still can't figure out how to add images onto here from Flickr.

I've copied and pasted every damn link, none of them work.

Any help? Thanks!

:pimp:

Make sure you are logged into your flickr account. At the top of the pictures page click the SHARE button with the arrow that points down. Go down to "Grab the HTML/BBC Code", copy that whole URL link and past it.

djaward you need a better lens or figure out how to use your flash. If you can't afford an external flash they have small pieces with mirrors on them that reflect your camera flash up to get better lighting. While shooting indoors or in the dark, flash or a good lens is your friend.

I've tried the HTML/BBCODE from Flickr and it won't work... I'm uploading directly from my laptop for now.

Some of these are out of focus since I was using the live view function... still getting used to this camera.

I've had the 5DM2 for around 2 months now but I was having trouble with my programs reading RAW files... got that taken care of now.

Photo dump!

Rolls Royce in a shop which is on the corner of my block.

Anyone got advice for equipment insurance?
Im close to pulling the trigger on the Mark II on Amazon. They offered me a 330 dollar squaretrade insurance, and it looks like a good insurance. But i dont know if i can afford a 330 dollar insurance payment straight up.

Some others online say USAA? What you guys rollin with?
Some good advice would be appreciated...I want to protect myself against accidental damage and theft. I dont wanna pay a million bucks to cover myself though.

Anyone got advice for equipment insurance?
Im close to pulling the trigger on the Mark II on Amazon. They offered me a 330 dollar squaretrade insurance, and it looks like a good insurance. But i dont know if i can afford a 330 dollar insurance payment straight up.
Some others online say USAA? What you guys rollin with?
Some good advice would be appreciated...I want to protect myself against accidental damage and theft. I dont wanna pay a million bucks to cover myself though.
I got the 5DM2 from Amazon as well and went with the squaretrade insurance. It's a great all around policy. If you're gonna spend that much on a camera you gotta have some kind of protection. I also have it covered by USAA for theft. I just added to my renters insurance, it went up 2 bucks a month. :smokin

For those getting the Mark 2, make sure to get a screen protector too. I've had a couple of Canon's in the past and man, these screens are so damn sensative to anything. I've only had mine for a week and from just caring it around in a bag and on my shoulder, I already got some scratches on it. It's just so damn annoying to see this happen when you pay over 2k for something like this.

I am ordering the Zagg one right now. If it is any good as their cell phone protectors, it should be totally good for the Mark 2: http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield...es-screen-protectors-covers-skins-shields.php

For those getting the Mark 2, make sure to get a screen protector too. I've had a couple of Canon's in the past and man, these screens are so damn sensative to anything. I've only had mine for a week and from just caring it around in a bag and on my shoulder, I already got some scratches on it. It's just so damn annoying to see this happen when you pay over 2k for something like this.
I am ordering the Zagg one right now. If it is any good as their cell phone protectors, it should be totally good for the Mark 2: http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield...es-screen-protectors-covers-skins-shields.php

You are not lying. I baby my camera so much and I notice I have a little scratch on my screen. IT bothers me every time I use the camera. Invisasheield will be bought.

Back
Top Bottom