The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

ksteezy - Thanks man! Yeah I always wanted one but everything I have right now seems to work. Saving for a different lens.
Fong - Gotta keep shooting you haha, good stuff. 

From this weekend;

A bunch more on my blog;
www.dunksrnice.net

Since we're on the topic of lenses, as I stroll in Downtown Manhattan I couldn't help but visit all the giftshop/electronic stores that i passed. Would it be safe to purchase lenses from these stores? I know if its too good to be true, i shouldn't buy it. But I can't shake the thought of saving a couple hundred.

Does anyone have experience with products from these tourist electronic stores?

Night at the Roxy, October 2008

What do Canon T4i sell for these days? Probably going to sell mine, never use it. Just collects dust. Think I snapped like 6pictures with it :smh:

Took these while I was in San Francisco last month using my Canon EOS Rebel 2000 35mm film camera. I don't remember what film I used but I did do some post editing.

Last edited:
I agree, I enjoy seeing everyone post pics.

But It would be a great addition to the thread if people tell us what kits they were using for each set of photos.
It really helps some of us out with our decisions on what to buy.

Ksteezy, id really love to know what lenses you use for your maternity/portrait sessions in your living room.
Also, why? If you have time of course, no rush. But im interested in pursuing a similar route with my photography and i love your shots.
So it would be great to hear why you make the decisions you do with your lenses for each type of shoot, based on your experience. :smokin

I'm in the mood for a new inexpensive lens and saw a couple on Craigslist.  Any thoughts on a Canon 85mm 1.8 or a Sigma 24mm 1.8. 

To answer the questions of need, I'm covered from 15mm-200mm, just want another to play with.

Just picked up my first L lens. 17-40 f/4 L
I've been doing small jobs to save up for it.
#Feelsgoodman

nothing like an L....im no gear *****, at least not anymore, but im very selective about the glass i buy and i will think very hard before purchasing anything thats not an L

they are expensive as hell, but worth every penny.....enjoy, the 17-40

Back
Top Bottom