The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Malin Akerman. Hollywood, February 2012.

Some shots with the Mark 2 and the cheap 50mm when I went to my cousin's wedding in Minnesota. Still having some issues shooting with the camera just with some little things like how changing the exposures is in the opposite direction then it was with the Nikon. Also I kind of half assed these shots since I was drinking a lot, so there wasn't a lot of intersting angles. Overall I like the camera but I miss the little things from Nikon like the in camera editing it had. Sometimes even after doing a custom white balance, my colors seem to be a little off especially indoors with yellow lights. Also colors seem to be less vibrant straight from the camera and the blacks are really dark. I probably just have to learn the camera more but it's fun learning things all over again.

mike-jen-20a.jpg
mike-jen-2.jpg
mike-jen-3.jpg
mike-jen-4.jpg
mike-jen-5.jpg
mike-jen-6.jpg
mike-jen-8.jpg
mike-jen-10.jpg
mike-jen-17.jpg
mike-jen-11.jpg
mike-jen-12.jpg
mike-jen-15.jpg
mike-jen-13.jpg

Alright fellas, so me and my girl are going to be going to Disneyland for the first time.
But I want to hire a photographer to take pics of us throughout the day. I mean from the time we park to the time the fireworks are done.

So basically all day. Theres a few other details but essentially I'd pay for the disneyland ticket and the parking, but I'm wondering how much it would cost to hire somebody for the whole day and to get the pictures professionally done and edited into a cd/scrapbook type thing.

Just trying to get an idea about how much it should cost before making calls locally.

Thanks niketalk fam.

Alright fellas, so me and my girl are going to be going to Disneyland for the first time.
But I want to hire a photographer to take pics of us throughout the day. I mean from the time we park to the time the fireworks are done.
So basically all day. Theres a few other details but essentially I'd pay for the disneyland ticket and the parking, but I'm wondering how much it would cost to hire somebody for the whole day and to get the pictures professionally done and edited into a cd/scrapbook type thing.
Just trying to get an idea about how much it should cost before making calls locally.
Thanks niketalk fam.

sent you a PM.

Missed targets. Lee's 4 Cocktails in Granada Hills, June 2012

i live by granada hills :nerd:
havent shot anything in a while. last thing i shot was me and some friends go karting in an empty parking lot

O'Melveny park is a good place to do photoshoot as well as Stoney Point on Topanga Canyon Boulevard in Chatsworth right off the 118 Freeway. Here's some of them that I did there over two years ago.

That wide angle is so good for the city. I always have to commend Rolo for putting in so much effort to shoot every day. Even I would get a little tired of it but that is why he has so much photos. Anyways...good stuff. I want to finally get a wide angle in the long run. Just hate how the zoom lens is so damn big and won't be walk around friendly.

Yo Steezy.....saw that you got that Tilt Shift lens. Worth the price? I always wondered if that lens did tilt shift photos better then when people just photoshop them.

Took this (straight off the iphone4) and really liked it; despite the low amount of likes on instagram :lol:.

d0bd7e1614a311e2984f22000a1fb895_7.jpg

Last edited:
That wide angle is so good for the city. I always have to commend Rolo for putting in so much effort to shoot every day. Even I would get a little tired of it but that is why he has so much photos. Anyways...good stuff. I want to finally get a wide angle in the long run. Just hate how the zoom lens is so damn big and won't be walk around friendly.
Yo Steezy.....saw that you got that Tilt Shift lens. Worth the price? I always wondered if that lens did tilt shift photos better then when people just photoshop them.

hard to say if its worth the cost, its really a novelty lense, same category as a fisheye, not really the type of lense you would actually NEED unless you do architectural/product photography which is not something i do....but ive allllwaaaayyyysss wanted, my boy shoots with the non-L version which he found somewhere for like 600$ but you can no longer find it anywhere, hes a wedding photographer and the type of shots he gets with it are amazing...ive used it myself a handful of times when ive shot with him, always loved it, so its been a while since i bought a lense and decided to jump on it, got the original version of the L used from BH which ran me about 1400$ the II is now 2100$ after taxes and then you have the TS-E17mm which is supposed to be best out the bunch for 2500$....im planning on shooting my friend and his girl sometime soon, i plan on only using this, the 50L and the 135L...ill post some shots then.

I just got 3 Alienbees B800s. I'm trying to build a studio setup and learning that everything I thought I knew is now modified to compensate for the intensity of the light. Does anybody in here do studio shots?

Back
Top Bottom