The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Just bought a Canon T3i , what Lens would you recommend upgrading to that won't punish the pockets?
50mm f/1.8

everyone should have a nifty fifty! cheap, fast aperture, and to me anyway, I always found that having a fixed focal length can make you approach photo opportunities differently than just zooming in. 

50mm f/1.8

everyone should have a nifty fifty! cheap, fast aperture, and to me anyway, I always found that having a fixed focal length can make you approach photo opportunities differently than just zooming in. 

cool, any particular brand recommendation?

is this a good deal? - Ebay Auction Here

Last edited:
50mm f/1.8

cool, any particular brand recommendation?
Its a Canon.  You can find it for around $100. Great value at the price.

Amazon product ASIN B00007E7JU if you have amazon prime you can get it by Wednesday.

Last edited:
Last evening.

Appreciate it,
seen this as "ebay daily deal"
Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II Lens
was $420, down to $160, worth it?

No...there is really no reason to get anything other than the Nifty Fifty (50mm 1.8) right now. The only reason to get that particular 55-200 is if you needed range and were always shooting in good light. I'm sure the numbers don't mean much right now, but once you have a 1.8 you will probably never go for f/4 again.

Appreciate it,
seen this as "ebay daily deal"
Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II Lens
was $420, down to $160, worth it?

I dont know if its in your price range, but the sigma 50mm 1.4 is a lot better than the canon 50mm 1.4. it would be more advantageous to save up for the sigma instead of buying the "nifty fifty" if you want some decent quality at a decent price.

recent images

laugh.gif
I asked dude where he was from... He said Wisconsin...  I'm like "Oh, you definitely don't look like you're from Wisconsin... 0_o"

I dont know if its in your price range, but the sigma 50mm 1.4 is a lot better than the canon 50mm 1.4. it would be more advantageous to save up for the sigma instead of buying the "nifty fifty" if you want some decent quality at a decent price.

recent images
Agreed. The Sigma 50mm f/1.4 is one of my favorite primes. Little on the hefty side (which I like), feels solid and is 77mm. Some older ones did suffer from Sigma's terrible quality control and the focus was a tad bit "off". You can always send it in if you need calibration if that happens to you. Not sure about the newer sigmas, mine is from 09. The Sigmalux isn't a bad idea.

thanks man.

Another pic from the set...not sure about my framing though, thinking maybe I should center it more. Thoughts?

theres a huge rail in the way, you didnt think about that before pulling the trigger?. I'd scrap it. but thrn again, they probably wouldnt care.

recent images

Agreed. The Sigma 50mm f/1.4 is one of my favorite primes. Little on the hefty side (which I like), feels solid and is 77mm. Some older ones did suffer from Sigma's terrible quality control and the focus was a tad bit "off". You can always send it in if you need calibration if that happens to you. Not sure about the newer sigmas, mine is from 09. The Sigmalux isn't a bad idea.
The first pic I posted above is from my Sigma 30mm 1.4... I got it a month or so ago after they went on sale due to the announcement that they're replacing that sigma line... Paid $284 and so far it seems like I got a good copy, really happy with most of the pictures, the lens is sharp!

theres a huge rail in the way, you didnt think about that before pulling the trigger?. I'd scrap it. but thrn again, they probably wouldnt care.
Trust me man, I was saying the same thing. For some odd reason my friends really wanted to pose near that damn rail. They started on either side of it then she wanted to reach over for the next few shots to be funny.

Can never know what people want, like how some people really hate bokeh and prefer everything, including ho-hum backgrounds, to be crystal clear.

Anyone else shoot film?

I'm still working on this whole film thing. I have the SLR down (I'm using a Nikon F4s), but the point & shoot is a lot more difficult than I anticipated (Yashica T4)

Yashica T4

Nikon F4s

Back
Top Bottom