The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Do any of y'all have insurance on your equipment and/or general liability? If so, who are y'all using? Seems like there's a ton of providers out there.

You've never been hit up as a wedding photographer for insurance from the vendors?

I actually had to switch the location of one of my shoots because they hit me up for 1m insurance :x

You've never been hit up as a wedding photographer for insurance from the vendors?

I actually had to switch the location of one of my shoots because they hit me up for 1m insurance :x

Nope, it's never been an issue at all and almost never even gets brought up. With venues that are a little more upscale, I have asked ahead of time just to know and they didn't require it so it was all good.

I wanted to go ahead and get insured now though.

Yes......add your possessions to your home owner's policy if you have a home. That way if your stuff gets stolen even if it is not in the home, it will get covered.

does anyone do photography on their smart phone? I just got a Samsung Galaxy s7 edge and it's camera is pretty dope and allows photos to be saved in raw. I'm going to tahoe tomorrow and want to do a small project using my phone. something I noticed is there's no light meter on my phone. there's a camera app call fv-5 or something like that I'm willing to purchase since it's cheap.

any one do this? I'll have my other cameras with me but I want to try my phone out with raw

Nope, it's never been an issue at all and almost never even gets brought up. With venues that are a little more upscale, I have asked ahead of time just to know and they didn't require it so it was all good.

I wanted to go ahead and get insured now though.

I have camera insurance through Farmers. I pay about $500 a year which covers up to 10-15K worth of gear. The $1 million is usually for venue properties mainly for liability purposes. Although a lot of venues don't require you to show it. Been shooting weddings for 3-4 years now and never had to present a copy of my insurance/paper work at all in person. The only time they do is through email when you're hired by certain venues if you're shooting on the property. 50/50 clients will ask you if you're insured or not. Hope this helps in any way.

does anyone do photography on their smart phone? I just got a Samsung Galaxy s7 edge and it's camera is pretty dope and allows photos to be saved in raw. I'm going to tahoe tomorrow and want to do a small project using my phone. something I noticed is there's no light meter on my phone. there's a camera app call fv-5 or something like that I'm willing to purchase since it's cheap.

any one do this? I'll have my other cameras with me but I want to try my phone out with raw

I do and the S7 is pretty good (iPhone user). I edit through VSCO and use my iPhone shots and mainly post those on my personal IG.

I do and the S7 is pretty good (iPhone user). I edit through VSCO and use my iPhone shots and mainly post those on my personal IG.

nice.I will be testing out how well the s7 edge works for basic everyday photography. will edit the raw photos in light room for the ultimate test.

Did a photoshoot yesterday and the difference in quality between my 50mm prime and the two zoom lenses I used were night and day.

I definitely need to invest in a few more primes soon

I'd love more primes. I only have the 85mm 1.8 USM.

I'd like the 85mm 1.2L and the 135 2L

My next purchase will be a prime but it'll be the 100mm macro. Haven't decided on the L or the non L version. Probably non L :lol:

Fml I haven't used anything around f11 for awhile and now that I have today I see black spots. Probably the camera. When I get home I'll check out my kit lens to see if the spots are still there, but I'm almost certain it has to be the sensor.

If I got a shop to clean my sensor how much would that run me?

Right now it's one spot so I can easily remove in photo shop or lightroom. Still don't like it though

Some quick edits a few shots did on a rooftop of an abandoned hospital in Miami

That hike up 13 flights of stairs was brutal tho 

Huge dump of recent client work :lol:

Lots of ranomness

Took my camera out for some recreational shooting at a food truck event. It was nice to shoot for fun :lol:

Last edited:
Fml I haven't used anything around f11 for awhile and now that I have today I see black spots. Probably the camera. When I get home I'll check out my kit lens to see if the spots are still there, but I'm almost certain it has to be the sensor.

Right now it's one spot so I can easily remove in photo shop or lightroom. Still don't like it though

For regular dust marks, I use a blower but the VSGO Sensor Cleaning kit works well too, they come in different sensor sizes. Just put the flip the mirror up, if you have a DSLR.

Huge dump of recent client work :lol:

Lots of ranomness

Took my camera out for some recreational shooting at a food truck event. It was nice to shoot for fun :lol:

Imma need to see the full set of retro's M when you're done with it...Thanks

lol

Yeah, to piggy back on what Y4BBZY Y4BBZY mentioned, put your camera in mirror lockup mode, if it doesnt have that, put your camera on bulb and hold down the shutter, and take a rocket blower to the sensor. That should get rid of any large pieces of dust.

Yeah, to piggy back on what Y4BBZY Y4BBZY mentioned, put your camera in mirror lockup mode, if it doesnt have that, put your camera on bulb and hold down the shutter, and take a rocket blower to the sensor. That should get rid of any large pieces of dust.

Yeah ill try that today. I was thinking about that blower.i have those baby nose things. Would that work for now? Lmao

Back
Top Bottom