Again with the 6d
happy.gif

47 by Akmal Shihab, on Flickr
Security by Akmal Shihab, on Flickr
Sign by Akmal Shihab, on Flickr
Trust the shooter by Akmal Shihab, on Flickr
Through the tunnel by Akmal Shihab, on Flickr
I can get lost in this thread. really nice stuff

I do agree that the longer lens is more flattering as far as shooting portraits but it's just sort of a pain unless you are shooting in an open environment.

This is a 300mm on a full frame and it just looks great with the bokeh and compression.

If you get the 70-200, you should achieve the same effect if shooting at 200mm but make sure to get the version 2 cause you'll need the VR, unless you plan on shooting on a tripod. I am actually going to rent the 300mm soon if and when the Warriors win and we have the parade in Oakland. I want to take some shots but from a relative distance away from the crowd.

I do agree that the longer lens is more flattering as far as shooting portraits but it's just sort of a pain unless you are shooting in an open environment.

This is a 300mm on a full frame and it just looks great with the bokeh and compression.

If you get the 70-200, you should achieve the same effect if shooting at 200mm but make sure to get the version 2 cause you'll need the VR, unless you plan on shooting on a tripod. I am actually going to rent the 300mm soon if and when the Warriors win and we have the parade in Oakland. I want to take some shots but from a relative distance away from the crowd.

True... Thats why as a portrait photographer, I pick the environment.

That photo was so dope till i got to the bottom and realized its on train tracks :x :x :x

I legit just hung up with a client who booked me who talked about a photographer she knew who died shooting on train tracks from getting hit by a train :x

On another note, that 300mm shot is flames.

I remember seeing a video from Jared Polin about doing an entire portrait session with just a 70-200 and 300.

I always though about one day getting Canon's 300 f/2.8, but that's OD. Their 300 f/4 is a bit more reasonable :lol:

And I'll keep my head on a swivel djyoung08 djyoung08 . It's supposed to storm here today and tomorrow so that might be getting rescheduled anyways.

if you see a train in the distance then you just move out of the way...right?

am i missing something here?

On another note, that 300mm shot is flames.

I remember seeing a video from Jared Polin about doing an entire portrait session with just a 70-200 and 300.

I always though about one day getting Canon's 300 f/2.8, but that's OD. Their 300 f/4 is a bit more reasonable :lol:

And I'll keep my head on a swivel djyoung08 djyoung08 . It's supposed to storm here today and tomorrow so that might be getting rescheduled anyways.

Literally listening to jared polin right now

IDK man its hard to ask the people who got hit what happened.

I guess you get real focused and become unaware of your surroundings? I know at weddings i've bumped into more than 1 person, wall, door, etc.

People walls and doors tend to be more forgiving than trains.

Not to mention train track photos are lame af. About as lame as selective coloring and dutch angles.

Literally listening to jared polin right now
IDK man its hard to ask the people who got hit what happened.

I guess you get real focused and become unaware of your surroundings? I know at weddings i've bumped into more than 1 person, wall, door, etc.

People walls and doors tend to be more forgiving than trains

Not to mention train track photos are lame af. About as lame as selective coloring and dutch angles.

Lord forgive me but i choked at the part

"Tend" :rofl:

I was thinking that too but remember some trains are booking fast so they give little to no room for error when getting off the tracks. Plus the train can be coming from an angle. No different than open road shots where you shoot dead center of the streets. If you don't have proper look outs, some driver can hit you without them really trying to stop at all.

And that Canon 300mm 2.8 is so dope. I even think it's not even that heavy compared to the other monsters out there. It's just not an all purpose lens. The 70-200 is actually quit manageable.

Was this shot at 300mm?

Jump up.

^^^^^I googled that image when finding samples for a 300mm portrait so it should be but not a 100% sure.

^^^I've seen her stuff. Really cool and thought it was a simple thing to shoot on how she stacks images but found out it's way harder then it seems and to make it not have that HDR look.

hey guys. noob question but i just got lightroom. ive been shooting in raw and touching up the pictures a bit, learning the ropes and what not.

i got two questions for you

1. what are some good resources, sites, books, etc to learn Lightroom? its very involved and some guidance would be nice.

2. After i touch up a picture, how can i upload it to FB, or a image hosting site such as picturetrail? i tried to upload a pic to picturetrail to use here but it doesnt seem to work with raw files. id like to start sharing some of my shots here.

Thanks in advance.

^^^^Export as a JPEG or better, a PNG file. Then you can use any hosting site to post up a photo here.

In regards to your second question, I always recommend youtube but honestly I am not that hip to Lightroom.

^^^I've seen her stuff. Really cool and thought it was a simple thing to shoot on how she stacks images but found out it's way harder then it seems and to make it not have that HDR look.

I'd love to try and do a shoot and edit in the fashion she does but i dont even know where to start with the editing like that :x

no way im buying her stuff either :lol:

****. That **** is crispy. I'm convinced.

I feel like if I rent the 200 I won't want to give it back.

I'll just convince myself to drop off the Earth so I don't have to return it :lol:

hey guys. noob question but i just got lightroom. ive been shooting in raw and touching up the pictures a bit, learning the ropes and what not.

1. what are some good resources, sites, books, etc to learn Lightroom? its very involved and some guidance would be nice.

2. After i touch up a picture, how can i upload it to FB, or a image hosting site such as picturetrail? i tried to upload a pic to picturetrail to use here but it doesnt seem to work with raw files. id like to start sharing some of my shots here.

Thanks in advance.

lightroom has an export to facebook, flickr, and some other services feature, i don't know how well it works for facebook but i use it for flickr and it is pretty direct & simple to use...

Last edited:

Thanks in advance.

A lot of what I learned for Lightroom was off Youtube.

You have to export it as a JPEG or PNG.

just placed an order for the Sigma 35mm 1.4 Art lens for Nikon to pair with my 50mm & 24-70mm. All is left is a 85mm and i'll be set :smokin

Back
Top Bottom