The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Both shots are downright beautiful, but I like the 2nd one more! 
happy.gif

Great astro shots. Out of curiosity what was the location? I have several camping trips upstate NY planned for the next few months, and will attempt this. What were your settings btw?
I drove a few hours just to get to this location - I knew everything before going as far as where the Milky Way was going to be visible and around what time. However, when I got there, all that **** went out the window ... LMAO. as you see I only have like the trail end of the Milky Way - I swear I was shooting at the heart but no, the heart was at the place I knew before hand ... I just couldn't see anything and I was trying to focus the tower in the image.

This location is in Adams MA. (Mt. Greylock). Close to the VT border ... If I'm you, I will go this weekend - after Sept I read is a ***** to catch in the Northern hemispheres 
Dude I feel you
laugh.gif

First time I went by myseld I heard like coyotes and it probably wasn't but I had a feeling it was like a mountain lion or some ****
laugh.gif

Stayed for 5 minutes then decided to dip
laugh.gif
I mean once I was focus on the composition I was alright, it was the times I had to move around. I'm saying I heard coyotes, deers and bears - but it was because they were around the area. Going up that mountain a deer almost hit me - A Bear was in the middle of the road for a few seconds and a coyote was eating something on the side of the road. LMAO

In addition, going to this place was ******* weird as **** man - It was like 740pm and the towns I was driving through were all dark and no souls in view ... **** had me thinking about horror movies where your car breaks down and it's bye bye for me ... lol 

Good experience by myself though .....

Both shots are downright beautiful, but I like the 2nd one more! 
happy.gif
Thanks!

I like the composition of the first 1st one better. You can probably do some temperature adjustments if you want it "bluer"

Dude I feel you :lol:

First time I went by myseld I heard like coyotes and it probably wasn't but I had a feeling it was like a mountain lion or some **** :lol:

Stayed for 5 minutes then decided to dip :lol:

I mean once I was focus on the composition I was alright, it was the times I had to move around. I'm saying I heard coyotes, deers and bears - but it was because they were around the area. Going up that mountain a deer almost hit me - A Bear was in the middle of the road for a few seconds and a coyote was eating something on the side of the road. LMAO

In addition, going to this place was ******* weird as **** man - It was like 740pm and the towns I was driving through were all dark and no souls in view ... **** had me thinking about horror movies where your car breaks down and it's bye bye for me ... lol 

**** that

A friend who goes on shooting adventures mentioned a spot on the very eastern tip of Montauk (Long Island), that's a good place to shoot the night sky from....I believe there is a Lighthouse park there also. Will be checking it out with him later this week so we'll see

A friend who goes on shooting adventures mentioned a spot on the very eastern tip of Montauk (Long Island), that's a good place to shoot the night sky from....I believe there is a Lighthouse park there also. Will be checking it out with him later this week so we'll see
Yeap,

I know the exact location your friend is referring to, see below.

From what I read, if you go, it should be this weekend. If not you probably will not be able to catch it till next year. It will be most visible south moving to the west at around 9pm.

Milky Way shots are always 
pimp.gif
.  Great job.

@nomnomdestroy  Thanks for the feedback.  I go through Dreamhost and Wordpress for all my site stuff.  For the themes, I usually peep sites like Creative Market for ideas/templates.

Finally was able to get out and do some shooting at Millennium Park today...first time in a few months :smh: I gotta get more consistent with it.

Millennium Park 1 by Trent Reed, on Flickr

Millennium Park 4 by Trent Reed, on Flickr

Millennium Park 5 by Trent Reed, on Flickr

Millennium Park 7 by Trent Reed, on Flickr

Millennium Park 8 by Trent Reed, on Flickr

Millennium Park 9 by Trent Reed, on Flickr

Millennium Park 10 by Trent Reed, on Flickr

Millennium Park 11 by Trent Reed, on Flickr

Millennium Park 12 by Trent Reed, on Flickr

So I posted a CL ad asking for models. Considering it's college town, I figured it'd be easy to find people that were interested. I decided to do some free shoots, since I've never done anything with models before.

Had a reply back. I then realized I have no ******* idea what I'm doing :lol: It doesn't help I just moved here 3 days ago :lol:

Any tips? It'll most likely be something outdoors - park or something.

and smfh at all the state parks here requiring permits :stoneface:

Last edited:
I be forgetting about CL I've been wanting to shoot model's too. I think I'll make a ad later this week

So I posted a CL ad asking for models. Considering it's college town, I figured it'd be easy to find people that were interested. I decided to do some free shoots, since I've never done anything with models before.

Had a reply back. I then realized I have no ******* idea what I'm doing :lol: It doesn't help I just moved here 3 days ago :lol:

:rofl:

RIP

jk...

Location will be a bit rough but theres gotta be some dope parks around.

And just learn a LOT about posing beforehand

That CL ad idea is great, might have to do the same, I've never really shot people before, not even friends so I'll definitely be doing some research prior, but repped for the idea.

My Lowepro backpack came in last Monday so I spent the rest of the week testing it out by just taking my camera with me wherever I went. I gotta say it's a very comfortable backpack and fits a good amount of stuff inside it. I was even able to fit a light leather jacket in it along with my DSLR and lenses when I was riding around on my motorcycle.

Randoms from throughout the week

My Lowepro backpack came in last Monday so I spent the rest of the week testing it out by just taking my camera with me wherever I went. I gotta say it's a very comfortable backpack and fits a good amount of stuff inside it. I was even able to fit a light leather jacket in it along with my DSLR and lenses when I was riding around on my motorcycle.

Randoms from throughout the week

This shot right here.... :wow: :pimp:

you should def scout some locations before the shoot.

yeah, been driving around looking at community parks, trails, etc ...

pictures of the wouldbe model before I offer suggestions .. LMAO

:lol: AAG.

I be forgetting about CL I've been wanting to shoot model's too. I think I'll make a ad later this week

good luck!

:rofl:

RIP

jk...

Location will be a bit rough but theres gotta be some dope parks around.

And just learn a LOT about posing beforehand

bout to scour the gram and see whats good i guess :lol:

That CL ad idea is great, might have to do the same, I've never really shot people before, not even friends so I'll definitely be doing some research prior, but repped for the idea.

np, figured craigslist was a good place to start.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom