The Official PlayStation 3 | ViTA Thread Vol. Plenty of Life Left

im not gonna be able to use this anytime soon. it aint much but its something
laugh.gif
grin.gif

Spoiler [+]
ANAK-R6N9-5F56

Resistance 3 Barely Outsells R1

Resistance 3 is supposed to be a big exclusive for Sony, a first-person shooter (FPS) series that helped launch the PlayStation 3 (in arguably one of the worst videogame console launches of all time) before molding into one of the platform holder's premier franchises.

However, first-week sales for the game are anything but impressive, bordering downright pathetic leading into arguably one of the most competitive few months in the industry in a long time (Battlefield 3, Modern Warfare 3, Uncharted 3, Skyrim, Gears of War 3, Forza 4, Batman: Arkham City, just to name a few).

Where did Sony go so wrong in its marketing for Resistance 3, and is Uncharted 3 on the same pathway to retail destruction?

Probably not.  Simply put, Resistance 3 was never that much of a franchise, but it did hold up as a very solid FPS series with an intriguing story (now, if only the developer could actually execute the story on a level that gamers can appreciate).

It is very troublesome to see the game's sales, though, and the figures do raise some questions as to Sony's handling of a game that could very well have the potential to move hardware on its own accord.

The fact that the third game in a series can only sell a mere 274,000 copies of the game (only just surpassing Resistance 1's first-week figures by a mere 30,000 -- remember: the first game was a launch title) for a console with an install base of roughly 53 million is disappointing to say the least, but not at all surprising.
Link:

http://ps3.mmgn.com/Articles/Resistance-3-Sales-Does-Sony-Still-Care

Not a good look at all
30t6p3b.gif

I got the game for free and honestly I wouldn't have considered buying or renting the game.

I started playing it last night and the main campaign is pretty fun. But the graphics on the game leave me shaking my head sometimes. Certain times in the game the game looks dope but other times the graphics look like a PS2 game.

Resistance 3 Barely Outsells R1

Resistance 3 is supposed to be a big exclusive for Sony, a first-person shooter (FPS) series that helped launch the PlayStation 3 (in arguably one of the worst videogame console launches of all time) before molding into one of the platform holder's premier franchises.

However, first-week sales for the game are anything but impressive, bordering downright pathetic leading into arguably one of the most competitive few months in the industry in a long time (Battlefield 3, Modern Warfare 3, Uncharted 3, Skyrim, Gears of War 3, Forza 4, Batman: Arkham City, just to name a few).

Where did Sony go so wrong in its marketing for Resistance 3, and is Uncharted 3 on the same pathway to retail destruction?

Probably not.  Simply put, Resistance 3 was never that much of a franchise, but it did hold up as a very solid FPS series with an intriguing story (now, if only the developer could actually execute the story on a level that gamers can appreciate).

It is very troublesome to see the game's sales, though, and the figures do raise some questions as to Sony's handling of a game that could very well have the potential to move hardware on its own accord.

The fact that the third game in a series can only sell a mere 274,000 copies of the game (only just surpassing Resistance 1's first-week figures by a mere 30,000 -- remember: the first game was a launch title) for a console with an install base of roughly 53 million is disappointing to say the least, but not at all surprising.
Link:

http://ps3.mmgn.com/Articles/Resistance-3-Sales-Does-Sony-Still-Care

Not a good look at all
30t6p3b.gif

I got the game for free and honestly I wouldn't have considered buying or renting the game.

I started playing it last night and the main campaign is pretty fun. But the graphics on the game leave me shaking my head sometimes. Certain times in the game the game looks dope but other times the graphics look like a PS2 game.

I'm not even surprised at Resistance 3 numbers, if never stood out, it never did anything significant in the FPS realm. Just playing the beta alone could tell you a lot about the MP aspect.
Originally Posted by thapointguy

I thought my internet connection was trippin'. NBA2k12 demo time.
Demo is basura, 1 quarter, 4 mins? 
30t6p3b.gif

I'm not even surprised at Resistance 3 numbers, if never stood out, it never did anything significant in the FPS realm. Just playing the beta alone could tell you a lot about the MP aspect.
Originally Posted by thapointguy

I thought my internet connection was trippin'. NBA2k12 demo time.
Demo is basura, 1 quarter, 4 mins? 
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by empirestrikesfirst

Everytime this happens I fear for my trophies.
This is what being a parent must feel like.
30t6p3b.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

And Pro, I'll pick up Killzone 2 down the road, should've at least given it a try before trading it in.

30t6p3b.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

And Pro, I'll pick up Killzone 2 down the road, should've at least given it a try before trading it in.

Not going to lie, first thing that came to my mind haha

Just made it to level 14, i cant start over, no cant do it.

O well back to gears. Gears is cool but its not amazing like the world wants u to believe

O well back to gears. Gears is cool but its not amazing like the world wants u to believe

Originally Posted by sdsolecollector23

Is psn down?

Originally Posted by IRockTMacs

Hahaha, see you guys next month?

Should I go buy a 360?

laugh.gif
Originally Posted by ChicagoKid23

by God it cant be happening again.....................................
Originally Posted by JayzOnMyToes

the PSN keeps timing out?? Whats wrong with my PS??
after updating to 3.72 this started happening  
tired.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 Isnt that $*$@ always down
30t6p3b.gif

Man, im telling yall .. PSN (Overall) & the PS3s dashboard is its downfall. 
tired.gif

30t6p3b.gif

tired.gif

roll.gif

30t6p3b.gif

I Swear imma be HEATED! When that BF3 Beta rolls around and PSN is down 
grin.gif

Originally Posted by sdsolecollector23

Is psn down?

Originally Posted by IRockTMacs

Hahaha, see you guys next month?

Should I go buy a 360?

laugh.gif
Originally Posted by ChicagoKid23

by God it cant be happening again.....................................
Originally Posted by JayzOnMyToes

the PSN keeps timing out?? Whats wrong with my PS??
after updating to 3.72 this started happening  
tired.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 Isnt that $*$@ always down
30t6p3b.gif

Man, im telling yall .. PSN (Overall) & the PS3s dashboard is its downfall. 
tired.gif

30t6p3b.gif

tired.gif

roll.gif

30t6p3b.gif

I Swear imma be HEATED! When that BF3 Beta rolls around and PSN is down 
grin.gif

Originally Posted by SupremeApe

I just started over from level 11.
I think I was a few trophies away from being a 12, too.

Originally Posted by SupremeApe

I just started over from level 11.
I think I was a few trophies away from being a 12, too.

I really don't see why people freak whenever PSN goes down.

It's like a lot people nowadays just rely on and play most games strictly for multi player. Especially the gamers who play sports games or FPS games like Call Of Duty of Battlefield.

When PSN went down I simply just went back and played 1 player games that were in my backlog of games I hadn't touched in awhile.

I really don't see why people freak whenever PSN goes down.

It's like a lot people nowadays just rely on and play most games strictly for multi player. Especially the gamers who play sports games or FPS games like Call Of Duty of Battlefield.

When PSN went down I simply just went back and played 1 player games that were in my backlog of games I hadn't touched in awhile.

Back
Top Bottom