The Official PlayStation 3 | ViTA Thread Vol. Plenty of Life Left

Via blog.us.playstation.com

Watch EVO fights from within PlayStation Home this weekend
evo729.jpg

PlayStation Home is quickly becoming the destination for pretending you're in a room watching an event. After the popular E3 viewing, Home is now hosting live streaming footage from the EVO fighting tournament in Los Angeles. Through Sunday, you'll be able to watch the world's best players compete in Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Tekken 6, Mortal Kombat, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift 2, and Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition from within the PlayStation Home Theater.

You'll get some pointers about how to play fighting games, and you'll get free junk for your Avatar, including an EVO shirt on Friday, a fighting stick item Saturday, and an EVO trophy on Sunday.

Via blog.us.playstation.com

Watch EVO fights from within PlayStation Home this weekend
evo729.jpg

PlayStation Home is quickly becoming the destination for pretending you're in a room watching an event. After the popular E3 viewing, Home is now hosting live streaming footage from the EVO fighting tournament in Los Angeles. Through Sunday, you'll be able to watch the world's best players compete in Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Tekken 6, Mortal Kombat, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift 2, and Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition from within the PlayStation Home Theater.

You'll get some pointers about how to play fighting games, and you'll get free junk for your Avatar, including an EVO shirt on Friday, a fighting stick item Saturday, and an EVO trophy on Sunday.

Via andriasang.com

Metal Gear Solid HD collection will run at 60FPS
mgspw-ss01ps3_530x298.jpg

There's nothing quite like a butter-smooth frame rate, is there? Fans should be happy to learn that the upcoming Metal Gear Solid HD Collection will indeed run at a slick 60 frames per second.

After sharing images of the Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker remake, Hideo Kojima tweeted, "60 frames per second in HD... it's the best! Say peace!" Kojima Productions' Jiroo Tsubuyaki also confirmed the frame rate in a different tweet.

As Andriasang notes, Peace Walker marks the final game in the collection to benefit from a doubled frame rate. Kojima already confirmed the same for Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater -- and Metal Gear Solid 2, it turns out, always ran at sixty frames per second, even on the PlayStation 2.

We suppose that explains Raiden's ... uh ... smoothness.

Via andriasang.com

Metal Gear Solid HD collection will run at 60FPS
mgspw-ss01ps3_530x298.jpg

There's nothing quite like a butter-smooth frame rate, is there? Fans should be happy to learn that the upcoming Metal Gear Solid HD Collection will indeed run at a slick 60 frames per second.

After sharing images of the Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker remake, Hideo Kojima tweeted, "60 frames per second in HD... it's the best! Say peace!" Kojima Productions' Jiroo Tsubuyaki also confirmed the frame rate in a different tweet.

As Andriasang notes, Peace Walker marks the final game in the collection to benefit from a doubled frame rate. Kojima already confirmed the same for Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater -- and Metal Gear Solid 2, it turns out, always ran at sixty frames per second, even on the PlayStation 2.

We suppose that explains Raiden's ... uh ... smoothness.

Via GTPlanet

Kaz Yamauchi Mentions GT5 DLC
Circuit-de-la-Sarthe-2009_18.jpg

While responding to a question on Twitter, Kazunori Yamauchi has thankfully shared some brief yet interesting information on the future plans for Gran Turismo 5. Here’s a human translation of his comments, kindly offered by GTPlanet community member Shirakawa Akira:

Updates are in preparation. First [there will be] bug fixes, then feature updates and DLC will probably follow. The decentralization of our studios and framework is a greater burden than I thought….

This confirms suspicions that Polyphony Digital’s move to Fukuoka has resulted in a recent slowing of GT5 software updates and Seasonal Events. Also, despite Yamauchi’s typically careful choice of words (“probably

Via GTPlanet

Kaz Yamauchi Mentions GT5 DLC
Circuit-de-la-Sarthe-2009_18.jpg

While responding to a question on Twitter, Kazunori Yamauchi has thankfully shared some brief yet interesting information on the future plans for Gran Turismo 5. Here’s a human translation of his comments, kindly offered by GTPlanet community member Shirakawa Akira:

Updates are in preparation. First [there will be] bug fixes, then feature updates and DLC will probably follow. The decentralization of our studios and framework is a greater burden than I thought….

This confirms suspicions that Polyphony Digital’s move to Fukuoka has resulted in a recent slowing of GT5 software updates and Seasonal Events. Also, despite Yamauchi’s typically careful choice of words (“probably

Via playstationlifestyle.net

Sony Working on a New Movie/TV Streaming Application
PS3_Cinema31.jpg

When Sony first introduced the PlayStation 3, they promoted it as the ultimate multimedia device that would not only play games, but surf the web, play music, and play films. Since then, the PS3 has greatly expanded its capabilities, bringing a whole host of features that allow it to do more than what you would expect from a console. If you’re one of the growing number of people that utilize the PS3′s multimedia features then you’ll be pleased to hear that the Sony are developing yet another movie and TV streaming application.

A recently posted job listing by SCEE reveals the new application:

You will be THE user interface designer on a movie/TV streaming application for PlayStation[emoji]174[/emoji]3

Continuing:

You will work closely with a small, focused team to deliver your design through implementation until the release of the product

The job requires experience “designing user interfaces, preferably for console games

Via playstationlifestyle.net

Sony Working on a New Movie/TV Streaming Application
PS3_Cinema31.jpg

When Sony first introduced the PlayStation 3, they promoted it as the ultimate multimedia device that would not only play games, but surf the web, play music, and play films. Since then, the PS3 has greatly expanded its capabilities, bringing a whole host of features that allow it to do more than what you would expect from a console. If you’re one of the growing number of people that utilize the PS3′s multimedia features then you’ll be pleased to hear that the Sony are developing yet another movie and TV streaming application.

A recently posted job listing by SCEE reveals the new application:

You will be THE user interface designer on a movie/TV streaming application for PlayStation[emoji]174[/emoji]3

Continuing:

You will work closely with a small, focused team to deliver your design through implementation until the release of the product

The job requires experience “designing user interfaces, preferably for console games

Originally Posted by Stay Lurkin

Can't control my dreams son. Nothing gay. interesting and random tho
nerd.gif

So y'all were in prison? I mean, it aint gay, y'all got needs, and what happens in prison doesnt count. Right?

Originally Posted by Stay Lurkin

Can't control my dreams son. Nothing gay. interesting and random tho
nerd.gif

So y'all were in prison? I mean, it aint gay, y'all got needs, and what happens in prison doesnt count. Right?

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Hey, guys, I'm thinking about trading in my 80 GB PS3 for a 60 GB OG PS3. Do you think this is a good idea? Would I have to worry about the YLOD or anything? Thanks.
why? 
yeah its gonna ylod eventually...idk depends how much you play it i guess 

So, what are the chances of me getting YLOD? Is it inevitable? I play it quite often. I mainly want it for backwards compatibility, extra USB ports, and the Flash drive.

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

Hey, guys, I'm thinking about trading in my 80 GB PS3 for a 60 GB OG PS3. Do you think this is a good idea? Would I have to worry about the YLOD or anything? Thanks.
why? 
yeah its gonna ylod eventually...idk depends how much you play it i guess 

So, what are the chances of me getting YLOD? Is it inevitable? I play it quite often. I mainly want it for backwards compatibility, extra USB ports, and the Flash drive.

No disrespect intended with this but you only have an 80GB. Do yourself a favor and throw a 500GB hard drive in there. Thank me later!!!

No disrespect intended with this but you only have an 80GB. Do yourself a favor and throw a 500GB hard drive in there. Thank me later!!!

I popped in BC2 the other days and I'm hella rusty with the sticks
laugh.gif
I haven't played an FPS online in months
30t6p3b.gif

I popped in BC2 the other days and I'm hella rusty with the sticks
laugh.gif
I haven't played an FPS online in months
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom