The Official PlayStation 3 | ViTA Thread Vol. Plenty of Life Left

Originally Posted by empirestrikesfirst

^ A little technical, but I think I got the gist of it. Thanks for posting.
Supreme, I got it for 29.99. What is the 12 days of Christmas promo?

Every year Ebgames has a December sale where everyday they have a special game for 9.99 or less. 2 years ago was the best one, because they had games on sale for 9.99 and the next day you could trade it in for 25 in store credit.

Most of the games are movie games or childish games that are good for trophies, but sometimes they throw gems in there like last year it was a brand new Metal gear solid 4 limited edition for 5 and the year before it was the assassin creed 2 CE for 19.99

Nice. Is it one of those deals you have to go in store everyday to see, though?

There are forums that have the games posted a few days before it goes live, also sometimes the deals are online too.

nice paper hybrid

i want to see if this is truly fixable or alterable  on IW end. im tried of getting killed before i turn the corner

Originally Posted by sole vintage

nice paper hybrid

i want to see if this is truly fixable or alterable  on IW end. im tried of getting killed before i turn the corner
Depending on how their algorithm works it's possible to make it better but you'll never entirely elminate that type of scenario unless you were playing on a LAN. I can certainly say it can be made a lot better. I personally hate that stuff but MW3 does give you a small tool that many people don't realize for connection.

Whoever is your party leader is the one who is looking in the "pool" of available matches. I don't know the inner workings of how their matchmaking system works but from experience there is quite a lot to take into account. If you look at the hierarchy of layers though the top layer is going to be ping time to the host. When match making starts on MW3 it beings to look for various levels of ping times. If you're the party leader you can see this on your screen.

The key is to look at the status of this and ONLY connect to games with >50ms ping if you want a proper connection. A lot of the time, you will see it jump past 50ms ping and jump to 100 or even 200ms. If you see it change you as the party leader should back out.

Obviously, if you have people scattered across the US (someone from LA, Denver, and Boston) two people are going to get screwed. But if you're playing with people from the same area this really is a very handy way to guarantee a good connection as a whole.

in other words we all pretty much screwed.......u got them canukian madmen from up north, west coasters from hollyweird, & the level headed dudes from boston....eek

Finally got the Blatinum
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Proshares

Finally got the Blatinum
pimp.gif

Congrats! It's one I hope to achieve as well, but I doubt it.

Reke, I just noticed every game you have played you have Platinum'ed! Are you going for a 100% profile? Just wondering.

PO

Originally Posted by Mister916

Congrats 
9c1152ebaca57c5b225c850fffc2dca9839f1a5.gif
That tip to get the combos out of the way was a lifesaver, good looks man
pimp.gif

PO, once you get used to the combat and know what perks to use on the campaigns you'll be golden.

Now on to MW3
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Mister916

Congrats 
9c1152ebaca57c5b225c850fffc2dca9839f1a5.gif
That tip to get the combos out of the way was a lifesaver, good looks man
pimp.gif

PO, once you get used to the combat and know what perks to use on the campaigns you'll be golden.

Now on to MW3
grin.gif

Originally Posted by OmarsOK

in other words we all pretty much screwed.......u got them canukian madmen from up north, west coasters from hollyweird, & the level headed dudes from boston....eek
Says TomBradysTheGoat.

Originally Posted by OmarsOK

Says TomBradysTheGoat.

Via pcgamingworld.com

GamePro Magazine Ceases Print & Online Publication
gamepro_closure.jpg

Long time gaming magazine GamePro will be shutting down their website and ceasing operations on December 4th, owner IDG announced this evening. The magazine and website have been a fixture in the gaming community since the early 1990s. GamePro was also one of the first publications to make the jump to the web in 1996.

The magazine has had some troubles recently, as their circulation dropped management decided to switch publication from a monthly model to once per quarter (one issue per 3 months). Many of their existing editors will shift console coverage, news and reviews to sister site PC Magazine and the domain www.gamepro.com will re-direct to PC Magazine’s website by the end of next week.

Our best wishes go out to anyone who has been affected by GamePro’s closure. Did any of you read GamePro or other print magazines before game journalism took off online? I have fond memories of reading about the launch the PSOne and Battle Arena Toshinden way back in gradeschool.

Very sad to see it go, it was the only gaming magazine I held a subscription too. Will miss 'protip', 'fighters edge' and the funny review faces. 

Via pcgamingworld.com

GamePro Magazine Ceases Print & Online Publication
gamepro_closure.jpg

Long time gaming magazine GamePro will be shutting down their website and ceasing operations on December 4th, owner IDG announced this evening. The magazine and website have been a fixture in the gaming community since the early 1990s. GamePro was also one of the first publications to make the jump to the web in 1996.

The magazine has had some troubles recently, as their circulation dropped management decided to switch publication from a monthly model to once per quarter (one issue per 3 months). Many of their existing editors will shift console coverage, news and reviews to sister site PC Magazine and the domain www.gamepro.com will re-direct to PC Magazine’s website by the end of next week.

Our best wishes go out to anyone who has been affected by GamePro’s closure. Did any of you read GamePro or other print magazines before game journalism took off online? I have fond memories of reading about the launch the PSOne and Battle Arena Toshinden way back in gradeschool.

Very sad to see it go, it was the only gaming magazine I held a subscription too. Will miss 'protip', 'fighters edge' and the funny review faces. 

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

UC3 is great so far. Graphics are amazing, I just wish EVERY PS3 game looked, moved this good.

Dude. One of the best games I have played. There were times were I would just stare

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

UC3 is great so far. Graphics are amazing, I just wish EVERY PS3 game looked, moved this good.

Dude. One of the best games I have played. There were times were I would just stare

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/12/01/cover-reveal-south-park.aspx
0wmew.jpg

Trey Parker and Matt Stone have never been shy about their love of gaming. From Randy Marsh playing Guitar Hero in his underpants to the legendary "Make Love, Not Warcraft" episode, the comic duo have demonstrated an obvious familiarity with the medium. Now that they've conquered television, film, and Broadway, the next target on their hit list is the gaming industry.

Thanks to a collaboration with THQ and Obsidian, Parker and Stone are writing the script, performing the dialogue, and overseeing the development of South Park: The Game. Unlike the cash-in Acclaim titles from over a decade ago, this ambitious project is a full-scale RPG for the Xbox 360, Playstation 3, and PC. As the new kid in South Park, it'll be up to you to make friends and defend the town from a wide range of threats. Be sure to check out our January issue for all the details, as well as an interview with Parker and Stone themselves.

This is interesting.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/12/01/cover-reveal-south-park.aspx
0wmew.jpg

Trey Parker and Matt Stone have never been shy about their love of gaming. From Randy Marsh playing Guitar Hero in his underpants to the legendary "Make Love, Not Warcraft" episode, the comic duo have demonstrated an obvious familiarity with the medium. Now that they've conquered television, film, and Broadway, the next target on their hit list is the gaming industry.

Thanks to a collaboration with THQ and Obsidian, Parker and Stone are writing the script, performing the dialogue, and overseeing the development of South Park: The Game. Unlike the cash-in Acclaim titles from over a decade ago, this ambitious project is a full-scale RPG for the Xbox 360, Playstation 3, and PC. As the new kid in South Park, it'll be up to you to make friends and defend the town from a wide range of threats. Be sure to check out our January issue for all the details, as well as an interview with Parker and Stone themselves.

This is interesting.

Man, just trying to stay ahead of Vintage, AlexV2, and Supreme in the trophy race.... Now I got Proshares, PO, and Mister916 to worry about. 
laugh.gif

Seriously though, its cool to see other people into it. Especially with the tips everyone is dropping, helps out a ton.

Man, just trying to stay ahead of Vintage, AlexV2, and Supreme in the trophy race.... Now I got Proshares, PO, and Mister916 to worry about. 
laugh.gif

Seriously though, its cool to see other people into it. Especially with the tips everyone is dropping, helps out a ton.

You guys are way ahead of me. I won't be catching up anytime soon.

okayguy.jpg

Only if there was a way to transfer the trophys from my old account.

You guys are way ahead of me. I won't be catching up anytime soon.

okayguy.jpg

Only if there was a way to transfer the trophys from my old account.

laugh.gif

I never even used to try before.  The last year or so, I just went crazy on it
laugh.gif

Toine and MrJ have a good amount too.

laugh.gif

I never even used to try before.  The last year or so, I just went crazy on it
laugh.gif

Toine and MrJ have a good amount too.

Back
Top Bottom