The Official PlayStation 3 | ViTA Thread Vol. Plenty of Life Left

PSN Tuesday 1-17-12

THIS WEEK: 
United States/Canada 
[color= rgb(0, 204, 204)]
[/color]

[color= rgb(0, 204, 204)]Games:[/color] 

Originally Posted by Mister916

I may need to start playing GT5 again. That Aventador is too nice.
I was just thinking this, as well as the premium Jag.
Excited to try out the Starhawk Beta and the Kingdoms of Amalur demo.

Anybody try the Starhawk beta? Pretty boring, at least the couple of matches I played. The Asura's Wrath demo was dope.

shame I couldn't cop them GT5 DLCs based on a technicality (region issues).
30t6p3b.gif
indifferent.gif

Anyway, heads-up: Scheduled Maintenance Notice today from 8am-9pm 19th January 2012:

AN182012

[h1]PlayStation Network Scheduled Maintenance[/h1]
+ Posted by Patrick Seybold // Sr. Director, Corporate Communications & Social Media

PlayStation Network will be offline for routine scheduled maintenance on Thursday, January 19th from approximately 8am until 9pm PST.

During the maintenance, you will be unable to access the following services:
  • PlayStation Store on PS3, PSP, and Media Go.
  • PlayStation Network Account Management.
  • PlayStation Network Account Registration.
  • PlayStation Home
  • Music Unlimited & Video Unlimited services
In addition, you will not be able to sign in to PlayStation Network from us.playstation.com.

Users who are already signed into their account on PlayStation Network before the start of the maintenance should be able to stay signed in to their online session, but will not be able to access any of the services listed above. Users who attempt to sign-in to their PlayStation Network account after the start of the maintenance may be presented with the site maintenance notification page if they haven’t signed in recently.

During this maintenance, you can continue to collect in-game Trophies and these will be updated on your profile once PlayStation Network is back up and running.

Stay tuned to the PlayStation Twitter feed for updates and a notice when maintenance has concluded. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

newbie to the ps3 world
just came up on one last week, only got one game (metal gear, 3 pack)

haven't even connected to PSN yet (internet issues)

gone have to read back on this thread

MGS: Peacewalker is the best in the series and is worth buying the HD pack for by itself.
Building your own base/army is too addicting. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by empirestrikesfirst

MGS: Peacewalker is the best in the series and is worth buying the HD pack for by itself.
pimp.gif

Don't you find it too easy to play on a TV though? The enemy soldiers can't see you from 10 feet away, probably because the game is meant to be played on the PSP screen where you can't really see them that well either. I ran through the entire game CQCing every single soldier I saw. @#$% is addicting
laugh.gif

IMO the series is ranked MGS 1>3=4>2>Peace Walker>>>>Portable Ops

I'm super late, but Mass Effect 2 is cray.

I don't even mess with RPG's and I'm hooked.

Originally Posted by Hyper

I'm super late, but Mass Effect 2 is cray.

I don't even mess with RPG's and I'm hooked.
Yup. I didn't even like Mass Effect 1 that much, but Mass Effect 2 is one of my favorite games ever. Epic storyline and so much character development...You actually get a sense that these people are part of your crew instead of random computer NPCs that follow you around. Can't wait for Mass Effect 3. On a sidenote, the woman who "plays" Miranda is pretty fine in real life. Too bad she doesn't have that @#$ though 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

Originally Posted by empirestrikesfirst

pimp.gif

Don't you find it too easy to play on a TV though? The enemy soldiers can't see you from 10 feet away, probably because the game is meant to be played on the PSP screen where you can't really see them that well either. I ran through the entire game CQCing every single soldier I saw. @#$% is addicting
laugh.gif

IMO the series is ranked MGS 1>3=4>2>Peace Walker>>>>Portable Ops
They are pretty easy, yea. But if you try for S ranks on them all, that ramps the difficulty up.

mass effect 2 was a great game but some parts of the story really didn't wow me like the side missions are really bland

pics of miranda?

[h1][font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Yvonne Strahovski - Also stars in the tv show "Chuck"[/font][/h1]
[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

yvonne_strahovski_01.jpg

Yvonne-Strahovski-Pop-001.jpg

Originally Posted by Grimey

is mass effect like fallout?

kinda but 3rd person and not as long i think i ended at around 30ish hours...you are going to war with some people and you have to recruit characters to ur squad...u go to their location either fight them or almost fight or help them in some way and they join you then u start your way on to the big battle...u can choose to start the fight and not recruit everyone also... decisions you make effect the outcome in the end so u can play over and say or do different stuff but i wasnt gonna do that 

games great but after playing skyrim (yeah two different kinds of games i guess) its just whatevs to me now, was well worth the 10$ i spent on the game tho 

Originally Posted by Spidermachine916

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

Yea that's her. She was the only reason I watched Chuck 
laugh.gif

i liked her better with long her
this last season and new season she was kinda meh
ohwell.gif

yeah that short hair makes her look like an older woman.

Anyways, I just ordered Red Dead Redemption for pretty cheap cause I need something to kill time. Is this game like GTA4 but with horses? Because I HATE free roam/exploring
laugh.gif
I mean, I enjoyed Skyrim, but the first half of the game when you have to explore the map was painful to me

yeah i had one of those skyrim experiences yesterday took me a hour to find my location but it was night time too i guess i should have slept and rode my horse but i wanted to buy a house
laugh.gif
i was mad

red dead is a lil different than gta, yeah with horse yeah a lot of free rom too tho, thats basically all i did when i had the game was ride my horse around and start problems
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom