The Official PlayStation 3 | ViTA Thread Vol. Plenty of Life Left

I just popped in MW3 after a few weeks of not playing. I'm sick of it. Any suggestions on a different game to cop?

[quote name="IHeartBoost"
Who's coppin this specialty packages, or just the game in general?[/quote]

Copped 2 Hardened Editions (360 and PS3)

Thought might as well since this the last COD I will be buying.

Respawn will be coming out with their game. MW series is dead to me.

There are just better games to be played in general.

Last edited:
Flipped Max Payne 3 today after Rockstar stalled on putting up the new map for PSN. Put the credit toward Transformers: FoC. Its solid so far.

Is Gamefly worth it and how does the subscription service work?

Tony Hawk HD is as awesome as I remember. And the soundtrack is excellent. Bad Religion - You :smokin
for me, my jam in THPS was Cyco Vision. :pimp:

Unfortunately they cut that track. :smh: They cut a few and added a few. The ones they added are good, but its weird hearing them while you play. If you're like me, you put dozens of hours into this game. Hearing new songs throws you off a bit.

This game put me on to Lagwagon and Millencolin. Tony Hawk games have always had the best soundtracks, with NHL coming in 2nd.

Last edited:
Empire, what is the price on Tony hawk? Just debate if i should pick it up now or wait for Playstation plus

$14.99. There is also going to be DLC that adds the revert into the game, so stringing long combos will be a breeze.
I thought about waiting for PS+, but I couldn't resist. Same with The Walking Dead Episode 3. And there is always a chance neither will be effected.

I really want to play it, but i feel like it will be on PS+ soon. love PS+ but it seems to always put games i paid for already, as the free game for the month.

Also for the black ops 2 preorders.
The Care packages will be rare (Gamestops in Canada have 4 per store(2 PS3 n 2 Xbox))
Hardened Edition will not be really limited.

oh, before i forget. im relatively new to chess, played only a couple games in my life so im certainly not up on all the intricacies of the game.  i am, however,  aware of the fact that in order to win u must capture the opponents king.  now last week i copped PURE CHESS for the PS3 and it's BREATH-TAKING.  visually, musically, it is such a really cool game.  haven't tried online yet, but i heard its pretty bush.

anywho, tell me NT why this (my first PURE CHESS game) went down as a stalemate?  if that white king moves up my queen gets hims, move diagnolly up and to the left and my king or queen gets him, move to the left my king, diagnolly down-left my queen and straight down my knight.  i chased his punk-*** across the board and got him right where i want him so why don't i get the W?  now i know a king cannot put himself in check and that's all well and fine but when he's the last piece, with no possible help or outside intervention, it should be registered as a W.  i forget who moved last and from where but how could i have gotten him?  i thought the point of chess was to capture the king or make it so he can't move, no?

THAT SHOULD BE A W.  SMH
I think you pretty much answered you're own question..since the king can't put himself in check and its his move and he isnt in check now, then there is mo legit move for him to make which is a stalemate.. Whatever your last move was pretty mich justessed you up lol

yeah thansk man.  i figured it all had to do my previous - and final - move.  too bad i cannot recall/replay that decision, for if i could im confident sum1 here could help advise me on the next best course of action.

chess is unreal, it's such a relaxing yet engaging affair.  there is tension and serenity throughout the entire game.  i must say then, for such reasons, it is the perfect counter balance to the very streams of consciousness and strategy found throughout daily living.  PURE CHESS is the only game, besides fallout 3 that i can just run and simply use as background music.  :HAT
Tony Hawk games have always had the best soundtracks, with NHL coming in 2nd.
as for THPS yeah the sountrack fits the game remarkably well.....almost as well  as FALLOUT 3 as far as unoriginal soundtracks go....almost because,for me at least, it doesn't engage the creative or philosophic quadrants of my mind on near the same level as Bethesda's masterpiece.......i'm afraid to say it (being the biggest boston supporter of all time that i am), but i dont think fallout 4 will come anywhere near as good as Fallout 3 in any aspect of the software.  mark my words.

$14.99. There is also going to be DLC that adds the revert into the game, so stringing long combos will be a breeze.
I thought about waiting for PS+, but I couldn't resist. Same with The Walking Dead Episode 3. And there is always a chance neither will be effected.

I really want to play it, but i feel like it will be on PS+ soon. love PS+ but it seems to always put games i paid for already, as the free game for the month.

Also for the black ops 2 preorders.
The Care packages will be rare (Gamestops in Canada have 4 per store(2 PS3 n 2 Xbox))
Hardened Edition will not be really limited.

I pre-ordered a Hardened copy for each 360 and PS3 today. PS3 copy is for single player, 360 for multiplayer.

They told me that they'd be sold out by the end of the day.

Final Fantasy XIV PS3 Details Coming Soon
Perhaps at Tokyo Game Show?
by Colin Moriarty AUGUST 29, 2012

Final Fantasy XIV was long ago promised for PlayStation 3, but after its disastrous launch on PC, the game was held back and fine-tuned. But PS3 gamers eager to get in on the revamped MMORPG have something to look forward to. According to Andriasang, news of Final Fantasy XIV on PlayStation 3 is coming soon.

Andriasang garnered details from Famitsu, in which it’s noted that Final Fantasy XIV’s PS3 iteration will be detailed “around the time of Tokyo Game Show.” As the site notes, this means that the eagerly-awaited 25th anniversary event for Final Fantasy being held in Japan this weekend is an unlikely place to get more news on the MMO.

The news likely revolves around the second version of Final Fantasy XIV -- titled A Realm Reborn -- which Square has recently been outlining.

We’ll have more news on Final Fantasy XIV on PlayStation 3 as soon as it breaks.

Metal Gear’s Raiden Confirmed for PlayStation All-Stars
Welcome to the roster, Jack.

Raiden – hailing from the Metal Gear Solid series – has been confirmed for PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale. A video on GameSpot shows Raiden in action, making him the 18th confirmed character on the roster.

You can see extensive gameplay of Raiden below.

The roster for PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale is quickly filling up. Evil Cole MacGrath was just revealed yesterday, and Spike, Ratchet, Dante and Sackboy were shown off a few weeks ago at Gamescom.

So far, all of the characters revealed were leaked back in July. If the leaked data is complete and 100% accurate, only two more characters have yet to be revealed: Heavenly Sword’s Nariko and MediEvil’s Sir Daniel Fortesque.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale is due out in November of this year on both PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita.

Old-School RPG Dragon Fantasy: Book II Coming to PS3, Vita
Look for it sometime next year.

Not too long ago, tiny developer Muteki Corporation created an old-school inspired RPG for PC and iOS called Dragon Fantasy. And its sequel, Dragon Fantasy: Book II, is coming to PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita.

“With the support of SCEA’s Pub Fund,” which supports independent developers looking to bring their wares to PlayStation platforms, Muteki Corporation is toiling away on the 16-bit sequel to its original 8-bit throwback. So gamers who loved SNES RPGs have something to look forward to here.

The ins and outs of Dragon Fantasy: Book II can be found in a lengthy post on the PlayStation Blog. But let’s just say that with discussions surrounding Mode 7 and more, the old-school pedigree of Muteki Corporation is pretty well-established.

Look for more coverage on Dragon Fantasy: Book II for PS3 and Vita in the coming months.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom