The Official PlayStation 3 | ViTA Thread Vol. Plenty of Life Left

I can't wait for Bayonetta 2, err I mean Metal Gear Revengeance. 

My 360 recently broke down and instead of getting a new one I was thinking of getting a PS3 because I've never owned one yet. Weird because I'm a huge Playstation and Japanese game fan. The only downside is all my 360 games will go waste but I'll be able to play all the games I've been wanting to for YEARS. 

IDK...is it too late to get a PS3 at this point for the classics and exclusives? 

Also, what to do with all those 360 games? There's no way I'm trading it in for 5 dollars and some lint. Guess keep them and get a 360 when they're dirt cheap?

Last edited:
Snake's story has already been told. What more is there to do?

As far as the new MGS being on the 360 as well, how many discs will it have?

There's gotta be more after Snake. That's what I meant by something new. Hell, even with the virus, there were 3 Patriot supercomputers spread around the world untouched, someone's gotta be able to find it and make use of it.

pimp.gif

Hybrid warned us... but I still can't believe the audacity of these idiots.

SE are trolling the world.

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII Announced
The final chapter of Lightning’s saga arrives in 2013.
by Andrew Goldfarb AUGUST 31, 2012

Square Enix has announced Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII. Set to arrive in 2013, Lightning Returns will incorporate “a brand-new story, world, characters and an enhanced gameplay system,” according to Square Enix. The game will feature Lightning as a solo playable character and allow her to freely roam a new world.

Other details regarding Lightning Returns are limited. We do know that the main story takes place hundreds of years after Final Fantasy XIII-2, set in a world called Novus Partus -- which is composed of four islands connected by monorail. The development team told IGN that three of the guiding pillars for the art direction in Lightning Returns are "gothic, mechanical and fantasy."

The most startling change to Lightning Returns comes in the form of the doomsday countdown. According to Square-Enix, the world will end after 13 days, and a massive clock will count down constantly in the corner of the screen to indicate this looming deadline. Any action players take, even taking the monorail from place to place, will spend time and hasten the end of days.

With Lightning as the only playable character, players will have unparalleled control over customizing her looks and combat style. The battle system itself, a greatly modified version of the previous two, will feature real-time elements including direct control of Lightning's movement and her attacks, as well as time-based moves that drain the doomsday counter. Lightning Returns will also include a real-time block system, designed to make battles much more active and time-based. Even dying mid-battle will activate a prompt to give players the choice to rewind their mistakes at the expense of the timer.

Lightning Returns was announced at today’s Final Fantasy 25th Anniversary Event, which Square Enix has been teasing since last month. In early July, Final Fantasy XIII and XIII-2 director Motomu Toriyama hinted at the project, which entered production at the beginning of August, followed shortly by a teaser site.

Square Enix confirmed that Lightning Returns will be the final chapter of Lightning’s saga, which began in Final Fantasy XIII back in 2010. Lightning’s sister Serah was the focus of Final Fantasy XIII-2, which hit stores earlier this year and received downloadable content that continued Lightning’s story.

No other details have been announced, but be sure to check out Square Enix’s official Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII site for more updates as they’re revealed.

Last edited:
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII Announced
The final chapter of Lightning’s saga arrives in 2013.
by Andrew Goldfarb AUGUST 31, 2012
Square Enix has announced Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII. Set to arrive in 2013, Lightning Returns will incorporate “a brand-new story, world, characters and an enhanced gameplay system,” according to Square Enix. The game will feature Lightning as a solo playable character and allow her to freely roam a new world.
Other details regarding Lightning Returns are limited. We do know that the main story takes place hundreds of years after Final Fantasy XIII-2, set in a world called Novus Partus -- which is composed of four islands connected by monorail. The development team told IGN that three of the guiding pillars for the art direction in Lightning Returns are "gothic, mechanical and fantasy."
The most startling change to Lightning Returns comes in the form of the doomsday countdown. According to Square-Enix, the world will end after 13 days, and a massive clock will count down constantly in the corner of the screen to indicate this looming deadline. Any action players take, even taking the monorail from place to place, will spend time and hasten the end of days.
With Lightning as the only playable character, players will have unparalleled control over customizing her looks and combat style. The battle system itself, a greatly modified version of the previous two, will feature real-time elements including direct control of Lightning's movement and her attacks, as well as time-based moves that drain the doomsday counter. Lightning Returns will also include a real-time block system, designed to make battles much more active and time-based. Even dying mid-battle will activate a prompt to give players the choice to rewind their mistakes at the expense of the timer.

Lightning Returns was announced at today’s Final Fantasy 25th Anniversary Event, which Square Enix has been teasing since last month. In early July, Final Fantasy XIII and XIII-2 director Motomu Toriyama hinted at the project, which entered production at the beginning of August, followed shortly by a teaser site.
Square Enix confirmed that Lightning Returns will be the final chapter of Lightning’s saga, which began in Final Fantasy XIII back in 2010. Lightning’s sister Serah was the focus of Final Fantasy XIII-2, which hit stores earlier this year and received downloadable content that continued Lightning’s story.
No other details have been announced, but be sure to check out Square Enix’s official Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII site for more updates as they’re revealed.
JESUS CHRIST! How many XIII's have they put out / going to put out before Versus gets a release date :smh:

fjaiofjaopjaoftjrtqeorjoaqjrfaopjrfaojfopjfpafjagga

^^ I thought Ign made a mistake when i read final fantasy 13

Picked up Dark Souls today. My rage is prepared.

Picked this up a few months ago... its still sealed. I thought i was ready but then i remembered the only way i beat demon souls was with a glitch i learned for someone on this forum.

Needless to say, im waiting for another glitch before i tackle this problem haha

Picked up Dark Souls today. My rage is prepared.

You've made a great choice my friend.

One word of advice: When you get to Firelink Shrine, go up. The skeletons down below will tear you up.

Picked this up a few months ago... its still sealed. I thought i was ready but then i remembered the only way i beat demon souls was with a glitch i learned for someone on this forum.
Needless to say, im waiting for another glitch before i tackle this problem haha
you're too late for that my friend. the glitches were all there when the game first came out. they patched them now. :lol: :\

JESUS CHRIST! How many XIII's have they put out / going to put out before Versus gets a release date :smh:

fjaiofjaopjaoftjrtqeorjoaqjrfaopjrfaojfopjfpafjagga

13 was always planned to be at least a trilogy. Chris knows this.

The sequels were to have been called "FF 13- Second Season, and FF13- Third Season" This whole concept of time passage and a "living world" was supposed to be instituted back in the first game but they didn't know what they were doing. Now here we are on sequel # 3 and they still don't know what they're doing...

Did any of you watch the presentation videos, particularly Toryiyama's? If not, take a look. The audacity to claim that your idea is so original "it can't even be found on the internet" is disgusting. Has he not played Majora's mask? The entire concept in a bottle was done back on the N64. :smh:

I've already wrote up a long criticism e-mail from a Western perspective I'll be sending out when I return from vacation.

you can still do the glitches in dark souls but you cannot play online or download any patches. After you do the glitch and are statified with your souls or soul Lv you can download the patch. Remember that after you download the patch you cant do the glitch even of you erase the patch. look up on youtube dark souls dragon head glitch.

praise the sun

Back
Top Bottom