The Official PlayStation 3 | ViTA Thread Vol. Plenty of Life Left

is the ps3 superslim a confirmed rumor?

If so, how much will it cost and what are the features?

Thanks in advance.

just bought a PS3 couple hours ago and just tried to setup my PSN account but it keeps saying the service is under maintenance. is anyone elses PSN not working? i really wanted to get my account setup so i could start playing.

It was under maintenance all day. I couldnt open account management or play a few of the PS+ games I had downloaded.

It was a scheduled maintenance, so it should be fine tomorrow.

Just signed on, it's working for me.

Last edited:
is the ps3 superslim a confirmed rumor?
If so, how much will it cost and what are the features?
Thanks in advance.

It is not confirmed.

It is rumored, however, to be a 16GB flash-based PS3 and to be priced at $150 Again, just rumors and they are about 2-3 months old.

It is however, probably a safe bet that one is releasing soon, just that the details are still not known.

Rumored photo:

Like Hyper said, the newer rumor is the package with FIFA 13 and to be released on the 29th of this month. Tokyo Game Show conveniently is the week before that, so expect an official confirmation then.

Last edited:
It is not confirmed.
It is rumored, however, to be a 16GB flash-based PS3 and to be priced at $150 Again, just rumors and they are about 2-3 months old.
It is however, probably a safe bet that one is releasing soon, just that the details are still not known.
Rumored photo:

Like Hyper said, the newer rumor is the package with FIFA 13 and to be released on the 29th of this month. Tokyo Game Show conveniently is the week before that, so expect an official confirmation then.
Thanks for the info.

Thats just rumored, remember. But it does make sense; it's aimed to compete with the 4GB Xbox 360

Last edited:
Caved in and bought the Tony Hawk HD...Skate > TH, it brought back some good memories but Skate stepped it up alot.

The Last of Us isn't coming out until 1st Qtr. 2013 the earliest.

As of now, the only games I'm definitely getting before the end of the year are NBA 2k13 and WWE '13.

I'll eventually get

RE 6 (probably wait for a Gold Edition to drop)

Assassin's Creed 3

Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Thats just rumored, remember. But it does make sense; it's aimed to compete with the 4GB Xbox 360

That's different most Xbox games dont make you install hardware on the Hard-Drive but with games like GTA 4 and MGS 4 you gon need more memory from the get-go.

Its not for everyone, no. But a $150 PS3... what do you expect? 16GB is still large enough to fit the games you mentioned plus a few others. Sure, you'll be deleting alot as you go through games, but a friend of mine still owns one of the 20 GB and he gets by just fine.

Your average person probably only buys 2-3 games a year. This would be perfect for them.

I own the 4GB 360 and you can only have 1...maybe 2 games on it at a time. COD MW3 plus all the maps = no room for anything else.

Last edited:
Games I am waiting for this year.

AC III
Medal of Honor Warfighter (single player)
007 Legends
NBA 2K13
Walking Dead Ep. 4 and 5

Vita

Ragnarok Odyssey
AC III: Liberation
Persona 4 Golden
New Little King's Story
Phantasy Star 2
Maaaaybe COD

2013 has so many. Here are a few of the under-the-radar ones I am waiting for.

Tales of Xillia
Ni No Kuni
Southpark
Killzone Vita

and to an extent, FFXIV

Last edited:
true, i can't make up my mind.  I'll probably end up getting that superslimslim.  I been had the OG 20 gig while at my brother's place.  never could play some games because of the 5GB install downloads.  Aaaand all my backwards compatible games i play have already been remade in HD. 
smokin.gif

New firmware (4.25) is coming also. It's the PS+ cloud upgrade to 1GB
Was just coming here to post this.
laugh.gif

About time.
[h1]Online Game Save Storage Increase Coming with PS3 System Software Update (v4.25)[/h1]
+ Posted by Eric Lempel // VP, Sony Network Entertainment

At this year’s Gamescom press conference, we announced that Online Game Save Storage will be upgraded to 1GB for PlayStation Plus members, and I’m happy to report that the increase will be available soon with PS3 system software update (v4.25)!

To sign up for PlayStation Plus, go to PlayStation Store on your PS3, or click here.

After you’ve installed the update, simply go to the Saved Data Utility under the Game column of the XMB. From there you can access the Online Storage folder and find any existing game saves already uploaded, as well as the increase in space to 1GB. So set your automatic download to upload every game save for every compatible game you play and enjoy the additional breathing room. You can also continue to use this feature to selectively upload game saves you specify.

Stay tuned to PlayStation.Blog for the latest info on future updates.

PS Store update is live.

Max Payne 3 and Fifa Street available digitally.

Double Dragon Neon, Anomaly Warzone Earth, and Red Johnson's Chronicles available PSN games.

A few new demos.

PS+ get Scot Pilgrim and Double Dragon for free, Max Payne 10% off, and early access to Jet Set Radio (10% off too).

Last edited:
Long story short it's too complicated and costly for them to get the game to work on the Vita. It was going to happen on the PSP but then Sony nixed that. Yeah you read that right, Sony nixed it... not Square. The game was localized it's just never been released and probably never will be :smh:
Sony's politics in many situations are :x See Cross Game Chat.

Damn, your inside info is killing me. First Versus no longer being excluisive and Type-0 being axed by Sony themselves. I feel like sulking in the corner.
As for cross game chat Yoshida said it was due to the PS3 not having enough RAM. I heard once the OS was tidied up they allocated the remaining RAM to the games and didn't think of cross gme chat at the time or is that wrong too?

Games I'm looking forward too this year:

Vita:

Little Big Planet
New Little King's Story
Street Fighter X Tekken
Persona 4 Golden
Ragnarok Odyssey
Malicious Rebirth

Might have to import Ragnarok and Persona since it looks like they're not coming to europe for some reason.

Cross Buy:

Ratchet and Clank Q Force
Playstation All Stars Battle Royale
ZOE HD
Need for Speed - Most Wanted

Hitman: Absolution :pimp:
FIFA13
Resident Evil 6 maybe

Q1 next year is gonna kill me between Dead Space 3, Bioshock Infinite and Last of Us (assuming it comes out Feb/March). RIP good grades :smh:

One of these days I'll get around to playing the MGS HD collection that I bought over a month ago... :smh:

Last edited:
Curse you :tongue: Playstation Plus- I bought scott Pilgram for full price.

Only games im looking forward to right now are

- Borderlands :smokin:smokin
- AC III

Vita
- Persona 4 Golden

Anyone going to buy Jet Set radio? i am thinking about it, but dont know if a)any trophies b) playstation plus may make it free in a couple months

Back
Top Bottom