The Official PlayStation 3 | ViTA Thread Vol. Plenty of Life Left

RE6 demo was supposed to come out today.

A new demo, with different content than the one released in July, will now be released Sept. 18.

Features content from the three main campaigns, either solo or co-op.

After having a few days to think about it, and having listened to IGN's Playstation crew talk about it, I am not as down on Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy as I was originally.

They made some great improvements from XIII - XIII-2. If they can do that again, this could be a real impressive game. The visuals have always been near the top of the industry, its just gameplay and to an extent, story, that have held it back.

This is probably the last game in the series we'll see on PS3 (other than XIV), as this story states Lightining Returns will be the last in the "trilogy". http://ca.ign.com/articles/2012/09/06/lightning-returns-will-be-the-last-final-fantasy-xiii

Also, the 25th anniversary pack could have been done so much better. I understand it is 99% made for collectors, but imagine them putting all 13 games on 3-4 blurays and adding trophies to earlier games?

Hell, release I-XII bi-annually for the next 6 years as PSN downloads, have a trophy list, and charge $30 each. There go all your money troubles for the next decade, SE.

Oh, and while they're at it, localize Agito onto Vita.

Last edited:
Lock and load: the newest addition to the ever-growing PlayStation Collection library will be Killzone Trilogy — hitting stores on October 23rd, 2012 for $39.99 (MSRP).
Quote:
Like the Collection line-up so far, the original Killzone has been treated with the signature 720p HD makeover, along with full Trophy support.
Quote:
Not only will the Trilogy include the three games, but it will also include all the Killzone 2 and 3 multiplayer map packs free of charge. The full map package is as follows:

Killzone 2 Map Pack Bundle
Steel & Titanium Map Pack
Flash & Thunder Map Pack
Napalm & Cordite Map Pack

Killzone 3 Map Pack Bundle
Killzone 3 Steel Rain Map Pack
Killzone 3 Retro Map Pack
Killzone 3 From The Ashes Map Pack

from neo gaf

New MGS you say?

Lock and load: the newest addition to the ever-growing PlayStation Collection library will be Killzone Trilogy — hitting stores on October 23rd, 2012 for $39.99 (MSRP).
Quote:
Like the Collection line-up so far, the original Killzone has been treated with the signature 720p HD makeover, along with full Trophy support.
Quote:
Not only will the Trilogy include the three games, but it will also include all the Killzone 2 and 3 multiplayer map packs free of charge. The full map package is as follows:

Killzone 2 Map Pack Bundle
Steel & Titanium Map Pack
Flash & Thunder Map Pack
Napalm & Cordite Map Pack

Killzone 3 Map Pack Bundle
Killzone 3 Steel Rain Map Pack
Killzone 3 Retro Map Pack
Killzone 3 From The Ashes Map Pack

from neo gaf
No Liberation Doe?

How are they able to fit 3 full games and all those maps packs on one disc?

Do the individual games take up so little space on the bluray disc?

Last edited:

Nope, MGS4 and Resistance 2 are the first confirmed 50GB games. Some ps3 games have over a couple of gb's of uncompressed audio tracks

Last edited:
How are they able to fit 3 full games and all those maps packs on one disc?

Here's the europe pack to show it's on three disks.
7937175632_d6db9bb9b0_b.jpg

Also got the Plat in Rayman Origins on the Vita. Such a great game and I'm not even big on 2D platformers

This is not happening.

Doesn't make any damn sense. The Vita's perfect for it. Didn't they say they were considering it and Tabata also said he wanted to work on a sequel?
Surely it has to release over here even just as a straight PSP download off PSN, and if they're considering a sequel, the only logical choice will be the Vita.

SE went from making 3 great games, Crisis Core, Dissidia and Type-0 on the PSP to completely ignoring the Vita. I know it's still early days but I hope they have something to show in TGS.

Versus taking long I can take but this pisses me off.

Last edited:
This is not happening.

Doesn't make any damn sense. The Vita's perfect for it. Didn't they say they were considering it and Tabata also said he wanted to work on a sequel?
Surely it has to release over here even just as a straight PSP download off PSN, and if they're considering a sequel, the only logical choice will be the Vita.

SE went from making 3 great games, Crisis Core, Dissidia and Type-0 on the PSP to completely ignoring the Vita. I know it's still early days but I hope they have something to show in TGS.

Versus taking long I can take but this pisses me off.

Long story short it's too complicated and costly for them to get the game to work on the Vita. It was going to happen on the PSP but then Sony nixed that. Yeah you read that right, Sony nixed it... not Square. The game was localized it's just never been released and probably never will be :smh:

Sony's politics in many situations are :x See Cross Game Chat.

Last edited:
Rumors going around that PS3 SuperSlim will release @ the end of the month bundled w/ FIFA 13.

:nerd:

What games are you guys looking forward to between now and the end of the year?

So far for me:

RE 6
AC 3
NBA 2k13

FIFA 13

Hitman: Absolution

COD BO2

also if those rumors are true, i might hold off from getting a slim for $150.  but it depends on what the superslim looks like

just bought a PS3 couple hours ago and just tried to setup my PSN account but it keeps saying the service is under maintenance. is anyone elses PSN not working? i really wanted to get my account setup so i could start playing.

Back
Top Bottom