The Official PlayStation 3 | ViTA Thread Vol. Plenty of Life Left

I'm to the first couple of skeletons after I get out of the prison. I beat 2 of them and got hyped... then came the big Hulk skeleton. FML :lol:
dont go towards the graveyard when you first start off. the enemies there are way too powerful. you got to go towards the aqueduct towards the town. i made that same mistake the first time. :lol:

Finally getting into Dead Island. It's pretty decent.

I need to take a weekend and just finish 4-5 games. I have the worst habit of starting a game and getting25-50% in and moving on to something else. :smh:

I know, I know :lol:
I perused IGN's walkthrough of this **** and it says to avoid the area, too. Unless you plan on sprinting through and dodging all the enemies. Gonna just follow that **** from now on, instead of wasting an hour trying to force my way through one damn field.
Thanks for the tip, Sappy. I'll try that out next time I throw in Souls.

Last edited:
Has anyone played metal gear on Nintendo? I really want to lol.

Havnet played anything in a looong time. Between the MGS hd collection and the ratchet and clank hd collection Im gonna be good for a year. Maybe stop for the last of us
Metal Gear for the NES is in the MGS HD collection.

I'm hyped for this game, but honestly, it should of stopped after III. How much more of Greek mythology can one destroy? :lol:

I know, I know :lol:
I perused IGN's walkthrough of this **** and it says to avoid the area, too. Unless you plan on sprinting through and dodging all the enemies. Gonna just follow that **** from now on, instead of wasting an hour trying to force my way through one damn field.
Thanks for the tip, Sappy. I'll try that out next time I throw in Souls.

Also check this site out:

http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/

Man I just looked up the requirements to plat MGS4.

You have to play the game a minimum of 8 times to get certain emblems.

Examples of some of the emblems you need for the platinum:

1. Big Boss Emblem (Completion)
Beat the game on the highest difficulty (The Boss Extreme) with no deaths, no alerts, no kills, no recovery items, no stealth suit, no bandana items, in under 5 hours.

See "3.0: BIG BOSS EMBLEM PLAYTHROUGH TIPS".

2. Fox Hound Emblem (Completion)
Beat the game on Big Boss Hard or higher w/ no deaths, 3 or less alerts, no kills, no recovery items, no stealth suit, no bandana items, in under 5.5 hours.

3. Fox Emblem (Completion)
Beat the game on Solid Normal or higher w/ no deaths, 5 or less alerts, no kills, no recovery items, no stealth suit, no bandana items, in under 6 hours.

4. Hound Emblem (Completion)
Beat the game on Naked Normal or higher w/ no deaths, 3 or less alerts, no kills, no recovery items, no stealth suit, no bandana items, in under 6.5 hours.

5. Mantis Emblem (Completion)
Finish the game with no alerts activated, no continues, no rations, noodles or regains used and in under 5 hours.

6. Wolf Emblem (Completion)
Beat the game with no continues and no rations, regains, or noodles used.

:wow: :x

A few people have platinumed the game already, props to them because I doubt I'll be doing it. :lol:

I did that before the patch!!! Dammit!!! >:

Some Dark Souls talk, thought this may be interesting.

[COLOR=#red]Dark Souls Director ‘Thinking About’ Adding Easy Mode[/COLOR]
“Another difficulty that everyone can complete.”
by Andrew Goldfarb SEPTEMBER 4, 2012

Dark Souls director Hidetaka Miyazaki is “thinking about” adding an easier difficulty option. In an interview with Metro, Miyazaki said he knows the game’s difficulty turns off some players, and a less challenging option could convince more people to play.

“It is true that Dark Souls is rather difficult and a number of people may hesitate to play,” Miyazaki said. “This fact is really sad to me and I am thinking about whether I should prepare another difficulty that everyone can complete or carefully send all gamers the messages behind our difficult games.”

Having said that, Miyazaki appreciates that some gamers want a challenge, and that making the game easier may actually turn some people off. “I suppose gamers do not particularly prefer easy games,” he said. “What they want is interesting and worthwhile games to play, so I think it is natural that hindrance or stress that does not attribute to such interesting and worthwhile elements will be removed in the end. If the number of easy games is increasing nowadays, I guess it is because difficulty is not related to interesting and worthwhile game elements in many games among players.”

Dark Souls originally launched on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 in October 2011. A PC version, the Prepare to Die Edition, launched on August 24th. For more on its PC debut, check out what’s new in the Prepare to Die Edition as well as our Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition review. The new content is also set to come to consoles some time this winter.

Are you playing Dark Souls and having trouble? Find out how to die less in our Dark Souls wiki guide.

What are some great ps3 games to check out?

You have to give more information than that. What genre/type of game do you like? all games or last 6 months?

Here are the 10 best reviewed games via Metacritic. These are PS3 exclusives.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - 96
Little Big Planet - 95
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots - 94
God of War III - 92
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - 92
Team Ico Collection - 92
Journey - 92
Little Big Planet 2 - 91
God of War Collection - 91
Killzone 2 - 91

KZ2 has a 91 on Metacritic?

Damb, I felt like that game sucked.

got an offer to buy a used ps3 slim 160 gb for $150 everything works fine. 2 controllers and a few games (Waiting for him to get home to text me the list of games). is this a good deal or should i keep looking? i currently do not have a ps3

You have to give more information than that. What genre/type of game do you like? all games or last 6 months?
Here are the 10 best reviewed games via Metacritic. These are PS3 exclusives.
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - 96
Little Big Planet - 95
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots - 94
God of War III - 92
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - 92
Team Ico Collection - 92
Journey - 92
Little Big Planet 2 - 91
God of War Collection - 91
Killzone 2 - 91
Thanks for the suggestions.

To put it broadly, I like action games.
got an offer to buy a used ps3 slim 160 gb for $150 everything works fine. 2 controllers and a few games (Waiting for him to get home to text me the list of games). is this a good deal or should i keep looking? i currently do not have a ps3
You would have to test it to make sure that what the seller said was true.

Your best bet would be to buy a ps3 off of amazon and buy a squaretrade warranty. That way if the ps3 fails, etc you can get it fixed or get all your money back.

I applaud them for trying to fill the void Squaresoft :smile:ahem: Square Enix **** you very much :ahem ) but this doesn't translate well into live action - costumes cheesy lines - its a classic RPG and should remain a classic RPG (just with less blocky hands)

The game needs to be remade and unfortunately square refuses to acknowledge that their current games...suck. No matter if Final Fantasy XXXXXXVIIII comes out - in the end FF7 will still be the #1 game individuals want to see remade. No other game comes close to having such a loyal fanbase.

So this movie is basically a bittersweet tribute that FF7 fans sadly smile and try to feel better about....but it doesn't fill that void.

Back
Top Bottom