The Official PlayStation 3 | ViTA Thread Vol. Plenty of Life Left

Don't know if this has been posted in here, but this is for all the Mirror's Edge fans out there. :pimp:

Can somebody please point me in the direction where I can find an in depth walkthrough on how to play SF IV AE the correct way ? I get thrashed on medium difficulty and even worse online

FFXIV. Do ps3 players play in the same servers as PCs? Also, to those who are playing, you run with a guild? Or solo?

Is anyone playing Diablo 3?

Thoughts on it?
Its amazing go and buy it, you wont regret it especially if you like Champions of Norrath (sp?)
I want to but I need my friends to hop on board.

I see Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX and Grand Theft Auto V coming out in the next few weeks. Too many games, not enough time.
ohwell.gif

I want to but I need my friends to hop on board.

I see Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX and Grand Theft Auto V coming out in the next few weeks. Too many games, not enough time.:\

Understandable, none of my friends play this game (everyone plays Madden or BO II) so I have been playing with randoms but met a few cool ones that I added with Mics. So, if you every decide shoot me a friend request yungchris_504

I'm pissed that KH HD didn't come to Vita.

Also, is Puppeteer on anyone's radar?

I might have to check it out next month after I'm done w/ GTA V, its getting pretty good reviews.

Last edited by a moderator:
FFXIV. Do ps3 players play in the same servers as PCs? Also, to those who are playing, you run with a guild? Or solo?

Ps3 players play with PC players. That's the reason it did not go to 360 or X1, as Microsoft did not want to be on servers with PC. SE wanted the community all together.

I am a member of a free company. You play solo until you want to party up for a dungeon, instance, or quest. Being apart of a free company gives you experience bonuses. Certain area you need to have a party of 4 or more.

Mostly I solo the game though.

Vita Tv comes with an HDMI cable. I thought they would have cheapened out

Last edited:
Can someone explain the purpose of the vita TV? Seems like a waste since if i want to play on the TV, i can use my PS3/ps4

Can someone explain the purpose of the vita TV? Seems like a waste since if i want to play on the TV, i can use my PS3/ps4
It streams vita, psp, ps3, and ps4 games. And Supposedly ps1 and ps2 games.

It's like a playstation emulator.

then whats the point of buying a ps4??????
Its to remote play those games.  Not be the actual console, just the display for it.  Say for another room in the house?

No it's not and no it doesn't. You play PSP, PS1 and SOME Vita games on it, not all of them. That's it.

Also, it doesn't stream PS4 games directly to a TV; it allows you to stream games on a PS4 that you already know to the VITA TV so you can play on two screens. 

Basically, this a PS VITA without a screen and the portability. 

I think they tried to beat Apple TV to the punch but this thing is really... useless. All this does is make buying a PS Vita completely obsolete. 

No it's not and no it doesn't. You play PSP, PS1 and SOME Vita games on it, not all of them. That's it.

Also, it doesn't stream PS4 games directly to a TV; it allows you to stream games on a PS4 that you already know to the VITA TV so you can play on two screens. 

Basically, this a PS VITA without a screen and the portability. 

I think they tried to beat Apple TV to the punch but this thing is really... useless. All this does is make buying a PS Vita completely obsolete. 

Not exactly, the Vita is for those on the go.  I can see it useful for those who just play vita at home, or just wanna play the vita games without getting another mobile device.

Not exactly, the Vita is for those on the go.  I can see it useful for those who just play vita at home, or just wanna play the vita games without getting another mobile device.
Vita games are downgraded PS3 and soon to be PS4 games made to played ON THE GO. I don't think anyone wants to play Vita games at home. I think this is going to be one of Sony's biggest bombs and that's saying a lot considering how many dumb devices they make. The timing is just horrible. The could've pushed the Vita with the PS4 remote play, how they WERE doing it and breathe new life into the handheld. Instead they make this 2 months before the PS4 to take the Vita's momentum. It just doesn't make sense. 

Vita games are downgraded PS3 and soon to be PS4 games made to played ON THE GO. I don't think anyone wants to play Vita games at home. I think this is going to be one of Sony's biggest bombs and that's saying a lot considering how many dumb devices they make. The timing is just horrible. The could've pushed the Vita with the PS4 remote play, how they WERE doing it and breathe new life into the handheld. Instead they make this 2 months before the PS4 to take the Vita's momentum. It just doesn't make sense. 

Completely disagree about this being a bomb.

Last edited:
sony's biggest bomb was the xperia play.  Im at work so i can't watch any vids, but i'm excited for the Vita world. To those who feel like they dont want/need it, there is a huge market for handheld gamers, and Nintendo would have a monopoly if there wasnt a psp.  So i say, go 'head Sony, keep cookin

Completely disagree about this being a bomb.
I just don't see how it couldn't be. Who's the target market? Certainly not anyone in the U.S. With a handheld market dominated by 3DS and mobile gaming take the rest and 2 new consoles being released...I don't see this pushing more than 100,000 lifetime sales in the U.S. There isn't even a international release date, only a Japanese one. Why? Is to keep Japan interested in the Sony name while they watch the rest of the world play the PS4 months before them? Japan barely has a console market anymore, it's only mobile/handheld. You're telling me all of a sudden they're going to start playing their portables games at home? 

This is going to bomb hard. I don't see this pushing 1 million worldwide sales in it's lifetime. 
sony's biggest bomb was the xperia play.  Im at work so i can't watch any vids, but i'm excited for the Vita world. To those who feel like they dont want/need it, there is a huge market for handheld gamers, and Nintendo would have a monopoly if there wasnt a psp.  So i say, go 'head Sony, keep cookin
Except this isn't a handheld system. This is cutting into the Vita's share, not helping it. I actually like the Vita and probably am going to pick one up when the PS4 launches but that has nothing to do with this device being completely useless. You can do exactly what this does with a VITA and it has portability... This is only for cool people with money to spare. 

Last edited:
If you think Sony doesn't have more of a long term road-map for what they're doing with Vita and they're just cashing their chips in here and calling it good you're wrong.

This is a good move for them. Especially since the components are very cheap to make.

Back
Top Bottom