The Official PlayStation 3 | ViTA Thread Vol. Plenty of Life Left

Originally Posted by MR J 858

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

That's why developers/publishers are doing this new online pass system, so they can get some money back on used / rented games. I hate it, *#+#.
Yup I agree.
This console generation first off should not have had a MSRP price tag increase of $59.99 from $49.99 what PS2 & XBOX 360 games were costing. It's gotten to a point where game companies & developers are holding back game content and not releasing a full game and then selling DLC which is stupid.

That's the reason why now my approach for when buying games is first I don't care about pre ordering games or buying them anywhere near on release date after a game comes out. If there is a game I'm somewhat interested in like Dead Island I first check out the reviews and then rent the game from red box. If I end up liking the game I'll wait a few months for the game to eventually drop in price to $29.99 to $39.99 range.
There's certainly something to be said about games that come out unfinished and then proceed to and nickle and dime the consumer. I'm totally not a fan of that. MVC3 should have never launched the way it did and their DLC model is disgusting.

I'm on the bandwagon that you should pay for the the product is worth. If you think Dead Island is worth 20 bucks or only worth a rental I'm totally in agreement with you. At least part of the 20 bucks you're paying once the price drops hits goes back to the developer.

The issue that I have is with the middle man like Gamestop getting rich screwing both me the developer over and you the consumer over. You get screwed by getting jack for your trade in and "screwed" by having to pay an activation fee for online. I get screwed because I don't see any of that money back in my pocket that affects everything from future development endeavors to my healthcare plan. If my studio makes a total piece of crap game I don't expect to be well compensated for it. I'm not mad at the consumer because I, myself am going to find the best and cheapest deal possible. I'm mad at the resellers who are taking a product I worked on and making money off of it without me seeing a dime while they get rich.

The jump in price from 49.99 to 59.99 is completely justified considering that any A-AAA title being produced is costing anywhere from 2-5 times more than it did in the PS2 era. People were shelling out 50-60 bucks for NES games for Christ sake. If prices are lowered then the product is going to suffer because of the current state of development costs. The average PS2 game cost around 15-20 million to produce, today 360 titles cost an average of 40 million. Losing 100 million in sales isn't chump change.

The only way to combat the whoring out that gamestop perpetuates is to create online authentication systems. Everyone hates it but once a standardized system is set in place it's just going to become in the norm in the future.

Just knocked Tim Thomas THROUGH THE GLASS! 
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

How is NHL 12?? The last one I bought was NHL 09...wondering if it is worth getting 12...or should I just go with 11?

Damn there are too many games out and I don't have as much time to play....I still wanna d oa dynasty in NCAA....Franchise in Madden 12 and MLB The Show....I still haven't opened GOW 3 when I got it for $15 in July from Gamestop...

Then I wanna get NHL, UC3, MW3, Batman
laugh.gif
smh

How is NHL 12?? The last one I bought was NHL 09...wondering if it is worth getting 12...or should I just go with 11?

Damn there are too many games out and I don't have as much time to play....I still wanna d oa dynasty in NCAA....Franchise in Madden 12 and MLB The Show....I still haven't opened GOW 3 when I got it for $15 in July from Gamestop...

Then I wanna get NHL, UC3, MW3, Batman
laugh.gif
smh

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

That's why developers/publishers are doing this new online pass system, so they can get some money back on used / rented games. I hate it, *#+#.
Yup I agree.
This console generation first off should not have had a MSRP price tag increase of $59.99 from $49.99 what PS2 & XBOX 360 games were costing. It's gotten to a point where game companies & developers are holding back game content and not releasing a full game and then selling DLC which is stupid.

That's the reason why now my approach for when buying games is first I don't care about pre ordering games or buying them anywhere near on release date after a game comes out. If there is a game I'm somewhat interested in like Dead Island I first check out the reviews and then rent the game from red box. If I end up liking the game I'll wait a few months for the game to eventually drop in price to $29.99 to $39.99 range.
There's certainly something to be said about games that come out unfinished and then proceed to and nickle and dime the consumer. I'm totally not a fan of that. MVC3 should have never launched the way it did and their DLC model is disgusting.

I'm on the bandwagon that you should pay for the the product is worth. If you think Dead Island is worth 20 bucks or only worth a rental I'm totally in agreement with you. At least part of the 20 bucks you're paying once the price drops hits goes back to the developer.

The issue that I have is with the middle man like Gamestop getting rich screwing both me the developer over and you the consumer over. You get screwed by getting jack for your trade in and "screwed" by having to pay an activation fee for online. I get screwed because I don't see any of that money back in my pocket that affects everything from future development endeavors to my healthcare plan. If my studio makes a total piece of crap game I don't expect to be well compensated for it. I'm not mad at the consumer because I, myself am going to find the best and cheapest deal possible. I'm mad at the resellers who are taking a product I worked on and making money off of it without me seeing a dime while they get rich.

The jump in price from 49.99 to 59.99 is completely justified considering that any A-AAA title being produced is costing anywhere from 2-5 times more than it did in the PS2 era. People were shelling out 50-60 bucks for NES games for Christ sake. If prices are lowered then the product is going to suffer because of the current state of development costs. The average PS2 game cost around 15-20 million to produce, today 360 titles cost an average of 40 million. Losing 100 million in sales isn't chump change.

The only way to combat the whoring out that gamestop perpetuates is to create online authentication systems. Everyone hates it but once a standardized system is set in place it's just going to become in the norm in the future.
Good post man. I was hoping you would post your thoughts on this subject since you work in the industry.
I ended up buying Dead Island for full retail and don't regret it. Even though game right now has some serious glitches & issues with game saves after the developer released their first patch.

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

Yup I agree.

Good post man. I was hoping you would post your thoughts on this subject since you work in the industry.
I ended up buying Dead Island for full retail and don't regret it. Even though game right now has some serious glitches & issues with game saves after the developer released their first patch.

Originally Posted by empirestrikesfirst

eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
How!? U must of consistently rammed him (Pause) from his goal into the glassl. 
Crosby btw 
pimp.gif
 Hat trick 2nd game of the season...

Oh & i beat ur Canucks too in the season opener btw 
pimp.gif

eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Crosby btw 
pimp.gif
 Hat trick 2nd game of the season...

Oh & i beat ur Canucks too in the season opener btw 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by WitnessMyCalm21

eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
He was out playing the puck. It was against someone online. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by WitnessMyCalm21

eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
He was out playing the puck. It was against someone online. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

for those who want to get easy trophies, i have yet to see anything easier than madden '12 trophies
Easy?
But probably time consuming I bet.
not at all. u can get a bunch of them in a couple of games.

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

for those who want to get easy trophies, i have yet to see anything easier than madden '12 trophies
Easy?
But probably time consuming I bet.
not at all. u can get a bunch of them in a couple of games.

Boost:

You have an updated PSN NT Gamertag List?

BTW, Empire, you still rocking "TERROR_STATE? I never knew that was your OG name on PSN.
laugh.gif

PO

Boost:

You have an updated PSN NT Gamertag List?

BTW, Empire, you still rocking "TERROR_STATE? I never knew that was your OG name on PSN.
laugh.gif

PO

Back
Top Bottom