The Official PlayStation 3 | ViTA Thread Vol. Plenty of Life Left

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

Originally Posted by MR J 858

^

I'd like to know what the original specs were for PS Vita.

Maybe Hybrid knows since I remember him mentioning Sony was cutting stuff out of it back when E3 was going on this year.

Yeah the original protype dev model was much different in terms of specs but very similar in design

-Bigger screen with better protection for wear and tear.
-Battery life was maybe like 2 hours max
-Main memory was boosted 2x
-Video memory was boosted 2x
-Buttons were a little bigger and the symbols were raised so you could feel them
-Buttons had a backlight mode for playing at night
-Original camera front and rear were 720P with the ability to record video
-Rear touchpad texture was different
-There was a "dock" which IDK if it will ever see the light of day
-Old version was not as slim by maybe 1/4 of an inch

One thing to note is that lower usb multiport will have some cool uses. I've seen some early add-ons that could be really cool but I'm unsure how they're going to some the power/sync problem. New firmware eventually coming should enhance the experience between how Vita interacts with your PS3. I've seen some very cool ideas put in place on custom test firmwares but nothing concrete directly from Sony. I'm still waiting for my freaking device from any company that will allow me to "beam" my games from my portable to my TV. Technology is out there, they just need to figure out how to make it cost effective.
I sort of wish they would have increased the price by 50-75 and kept the  memory 2x the current like in your version. 

[h2]http://www.joystiq.com/2011/09/21/final-fantasy-versus-xiii-getting-help-from-luminous-engine-kin/[/h2]
[h2]Final Fantasy Versus XIII getting help from Luminous Engine, Kingdom Hearts 3DS coming next spring [/h2]
by Ben Gilbert (2 hours ago)

Despite Final Fantasy Versus XIII not appearing in any form at this year's Tokyo Game Show, project director Tetsuya Nomura shared some new details on it with Japanese magazine Famitsu. Apparently, the long-in-development Fabula Nova Crystallis game's lighting has been overhauled with some help from Square Enix' Luminous Engine, while Versus XIII's action is handled by another, unique engine.

More excitingly, Nomura said that he recently ran through the game's entire world map, as well as its dungeons/side quests, and he's "impressed with how expansive everything is." He also spoke to his other project -- Kingdom Hearts 3DS, or "Dream Drop Distance" if you will -- pinning its release to next spring, at least in Japan. So, um, get your keyblades sharpened.

laugh.gif
How many times are they going to overhaul this $%##%$$ thing? You spend 5 years developing crystal tools, start making Versus and SCRAP EVERYTHING to jack another engine and then start working on Luminous all while overhauling this thing 4 times.

When I played it a month ago and was like
sick.gif
I got told "Don't worry, we're going to be changing X, Y, Z". Well that's great guys, how about you just decide on something and get it done because as I said to the brass: "The longer it takes, the higher the expectations. You're not going to get favorable reviews from the press or fans if you spent all this time working on a game (that I heard about in 2005 and was in the planning stages before then) unless it's seriously the best RPG, no wait, the best GAME ever made". The fact is what you're going to eventually see is probably 10% of the original Versus conecpt and 90% of fly by night development. This mirrors what happened with FF13 where they came up with the trailer and admittedly had nothing else. The team then sat down and built the entire game around the freaking TRAILER. People were just sitting around making assets and tools for years and had no context of where any of that stuff was supposed to go. I could go deeper into my own personal gripes but the fact is that profits are down, people are angry, and the staff is confused.

Also on another note. I'm sure anyone on here who actually enjoyed 13 won't appreciate that you HAVE TO play 13-2 to actually finally find out what the hell actually happened at the end of 13. Putting out an unfinished product and then forcing your consumers to wade through 30 hours of
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
dialogue and events just to finally figure out what was going on in the previous game isn't any way to make new fans or reclaim old ones. And don't worry, when you have no idea about the end of 13-2 you can always pick up 13-3.
laugh.gif

[h2]http://www.joystiq.com/2011/09/21/final-fantasy-versus-xiii-getting-help-from-luminous-engine-kin/[/h2]
[h2]Final Fantasy Versus XIII getting help from Luminous Engine, Kingdom Hearts 3DS coming next spring [/h2]
by Ben Gilbert (2 hours ago)

Despite Final Fantasy Versus XIII not appearing in any form at this year's Tokyo Game Show, project director Tetsuya Nomura shared some new details on it with Japanese magazine Famitsu. Apparently, the long-in-development Fabula Nova Crystallis game's lighting has been overhauled with some help from Square Enix' Luminous Engine, while Versus XIII's action is handled by another, unique engine.

More excitingly, Nomura said that he recently ran through the game's entire world map, as well as its dungeons/side quests, and he's "impressed with how expansive everything is." He also spoke to his other project -- Kingdom Hearts 3DS, or "Dream Drop Distance" if you will -- pinning its release to next spring, at least in Japan. So, um, get your keyblades sharpened.

laugh.gif
How many times are they going to overhaul this $%##%$$ thing? You spend 5 years developing crystal tools, start making Versus and SCRAP EVERYTHING to jack another engine and then start working on Luminous all while overhauling this thing 4 times.

When I played it a month ago and was like
sick.gif
I got told "Don't worry, we're going to be changing X, Y, Z". Well that's great guys, how about you just decide on something and get it done because as I said to the brass: "The longer it takes, the higher the expectations. You're not going to get favorable reviews from the press or fans if you spent all this time working on a game (that I heard about in 2005 and was in the planning stages before then) unless it's seriously the best RPG, no wait, the best GAME ever made". The fact is what you're going to eventually see is probably 10% of the original Versus conecpt and 90% of fly by night development. This mirrors what happened with FF13 where they came up with the trailer and admittedly had nothing else. The team then sat down and built the entire game around the freaking TRAILER. People were just sitting around making assets and tools for years and had no context of where any of that stuff was supposed to go. I could go deeper into my own personal gripes but the fact is that profits are down, people are angry, and the staff is confused.

Also on another note. I'm sure anyone on here who actually enjoyed 13 won't appreciate that you HAVE TO play 13-2 to actually finally find out what the hell actually happened at the end of 13. Putting out an unfinished product and then forcing your consumers to wade through 30 hours of
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
dialogue and events just to finally figure out what was going on in the previous game isn't any way to make new fans or reclaim old ones. And don't worry, when you have no idea about the end of 13-2 you can always pick up 13-3.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Biggie62

Yeah the original protype dev model was much different in terms of specs but very similar in design

-Buttons were a little bigger and the symbols were raised so you could feel them

One thing to note is that lower usb multiport will have some cool uses. I've seen some early add-ons that could be really cool but I'm unsure how they're going to some the power/sync problem. New firmware eventually coming should enhance the experience between how Vita interacts with your PS3. I've seen some very cool ideas put in place on custom test firmwares but nothing concrete directly from Sony. I'm still waiting for my freaking device from any company that will allow me to "beam" my games from my portable to my TV. Technology is out there, they just need to figure out how to make it cost effective.
I sort of wish they would have increased the price by 50-75 and kept the  memory 2x the current like in your version. 

on such a small screen, more memory wouldnt really matter other than main memory probably allowing for more apps to be used in the background

what is needs is more gpu power to replecate its big brothers games (ie F1 2011 only allows like 4 cars
laugh.gif
) but that would just make battery life worse, still a beast though

Originally Posted by Biggie62

on such a small screen, more memory wouldnt really matter other than main memory probably allowing for more apps to be used in the background

what is needs is more gpu power to replecate its big brothers games (ie F1 2011 only allows like 4 cars
laugh.gif
) but that would just make battery life worse, still a beast though

[h1]http://www.joystiq.com/2011/09/21/rumor-dark-souls-players-punished-for-playing-early/
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/09/21/rumor-dark-souls-players-punished-for-playing-early/[h1]http://www.joystiq.com/2011/09/21/rumor-dark-souls-players-punished-for-playing-early/Rumor: Dark Souls players punished for playing early[/h1][h1]
[/h1]According to Japanese gaming blog Esuteru, folks who managed to grab illicit, pre-launch copies of Dark Souls are being punished by developer From Software. The site says that members of the dev team are dropping horrifically overpowered, maximum level Black Phantoms into the environments of players who grabbed their copy of the game through a retailer that broke street date.

We're having a hard time corroborating the story, but it certainly sounds like something which the characteristically cruel From Software would do. In fact, we'd be surprised if those players even picked up on the retribution. They probably assumed their constant, repeated defeat was just par for the course.
Link:
[/h1]
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/09/21/rumor-dark-souls-players-punished-for-playing-early/

laugh.gif

[h1]http://www.joystiq.com/2011/09/21/rumor-dark-souls-players-punished-for-playing-early/
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/09/21/rumor-dark-souls-players-punished-for-playing-early/[h1]http://www.joystiq.com/2011/09/21/rumor-dark-souls-players-punished-for-playing-early/Rumor: Dark Souls players punished for playing early[/h1][h1]
[/h1]According to Japanese gaming blog Esuteru, folks who managed to grab illicit, pre-launch copies of Dark Souls are being punished by developer From Software. The site says that members of the dev team are dropping horrifically overpowered, maximum level Black Phantoms into the environments of players who grabbed their copy of the game through a retailer that broke street date.

We're having a hard time corroborating the story, but it certainly sounds like something which the characteristically cruel From Software would do. In fact, we'd be surprised if those players even picked up on the retribution. They probably assumed their constant, repeated defeat was just par for the course.
Link:
[/h1]
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/09/21/rumor-dark-souls-players-punished-for-playing-early/

laugh.gif

Great news. EA's NHL is arguably the best sports franchise out right now.
[h1]NHL 12 Sells 451,000 Copies[/h1][h2]Biggest first week in franchise history.[/h2][h2]September 21, 2011[/h2]

NHL 12 has become the highest-selling title in the franchise's history, EA has announced. 

The title has sold 451,000 copies worldwide since its release last week, the company said in a statement. 

"The fan response to NHL 12 has been incredible," said EA Sports Executive Vice President Andrew Wilson. 

In addition to high sales, EA noted that over 6.9 million matches were played online last week, which is the most games played in one week in the history of the franchise, and a 17% increase compared to NHL 11. 

An average of 86 hours of online games were played each day since the game's release on September 13.

Great news. EA's NHL is arguably the best sports franchise out right now.
[h1]NHL 12 Sells 451,000 Copies[/h1][h2]Biggest first week in franchise history.[/h2][h2]September 21, 2011[/h2]

NHL 12 has become the highest-selling title in the franchise's history, EA has announced. 

The title has sold 451,000 copies worldwide since its release last week, the company said in a statement. 

"The fan response to NHL 12 has been incredible," said EA Sports Executive Vice President Andrew Wilson. 

In addition to high sales, EA noted that over 6.9 million matches were played online last week, which is the most games played in one week in the history of the franchise, and a 17% increase compared to NHL 11. 

An average of 86 hours of online games were played each day since the game's release on September 13.

pimp.gif
NHL is fun as hell. I need about a years practice though lmao. I hate how the difficulties are so far spread, like rookie I'll dominate and then on pro I can hardly get near the goal with the puck before I get bumped and loose control of it.

pimp.gif
NHL is fun as hell. I need about a years practice though lmao. I hate how the difficulties are so far spread, like rookie I'll dominate and then on pro I can hardly get near the goal with the puck before I get bumped and loose control of it.

i dont get why developers would get mad if ppl get the game a few days earlier than release date.

u making money regardless if ppl buy it earlier or not.

i understand if it was gamestop who got mad, they cry for anything

i dont get why developers would get mad if ppl get the game a few days earlier than release date.

u making money regardless if ppl buy it earlier or not.

i understand if it was gamestop who got mad, they cry for anything

Man, haven't been using my PS3 for the past week since I just built my new rig.
pimp.gif

Fired up the 2K12 demo, though. Game is smooth, but I'm still not convinced I'd cop it for PS3 if I can use a DS3 for the PC.
laugh.gif

Man, haven't been using my PS3 for the past week since I just built my new rig.
pimp.gif

Fired up the 2K12 demo, though. Game is smooth, but I'm still not convinced I'd cop it for PS3 if I can use a DS3 for the PC.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Capo617

pimp.gif
Keep playing regular games on Pro. I was having the same problem as you, but now I am 6-0 on my Pro-difficulty season with the Canucks after having played about a dozen random games on pro.
Create a Pro is a different story... I cant seem to get the hang of it on Pro.

Originally Posted by Capo617

pimp.gif
Keep playing regular games on Pro. I was having the same problem as you, but now I am 6-0 on my Pro-difficulty season with the Canucks after having played about a dozen random games on pro.
Create a Pro is a different story... I cant seem to get the hang of it on Pro.

Back
Top Bottom