The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | State of Play Today | Death Stranding 2 | Silent Hill on PSN | Hell Divers | Stellar Blade | Rise of Ronin

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I was a Ps5 fanboy. In fact, I'm pretty sure I fought my buddy when he said the 360 was the best system out back in the day.

But man did this tiny *** storage make it difficult to defend. Xbox is winning this gen by a lot. Smh.

i dont really care for the console debate but are you saying xbox is winning because of the storage?

you know you can just attached an external usb for the ps5 right?

i dont really care for the console debate but are you saying xbox is winning because of the storage?

Why should I have to attach anything to have a $600 system simply function?

I'd also say that the Xbox is superior in UI / UX. I am really disappointed in Sony now that I've had enough time to experience both systems for a few months.

cant store ps5 games on any external. its a problem sony should have addressed before release. not sure what's the hold up. but series x ain't winning anything right now with no games tho. mine is collecting dust

forgot persona 5 strikers came out this week. anybody here playing? gonna get it off the ps store later tonight and give it a go this weekend

cant store ps5 games on any external. its a problem sony should have addressed before release. not sure what's the hold up. but series x ain't winning anything right now with no games tho. mine is collecting dust

Nothing they could've done when consumer NVME drives that are fast enough got released recently. Those need to be tested to make sure they run the games the same way the internal drive does and to make sure there's no issues with heat dissipation.

I'm glad they went this route and future proofed the drive. We've still got another 5 to 7 years with this console.

Nothing they could've done when consumer NVME drives that are fast enough got released recently. Those need to be tested to make sure they run the games the same way the internal drive does and to make sure there's no issues with heat dissipation.

I'm glad they went this route and future proofed the drive. We've still got another 5 to 7 years with this console.
idk man seems like a pass for sony. they could have released their own ssd or partnered with a company like ms did to make sure there was something on the market already. 650gb or whatever the stock storage the ps5 comes with is not enough in todays market. have 6 games installed and 30 gb left with returnal, the show, re village, ratchet and clank, back 4 blood and gg strive on the hit list the next few months.

Last edited:

you can store them just cant play them from an external

9gb Division 2 patch/update has been downloaded. It's been over a year and this will be... interesting.

since when? I dont think you can cold store ps games on any external right now. ps5 wont even give you the option under storage management
Correct, that's going to come in a future update.

idk man seems like a pass for sony. they could have released their own ssd or partnered with a company like ms did to make sure there was something on the market already. 650gb or whatever the stock storage the ps5 comes with is not enough in todays market. have 6 games installed and 30 gb left with returnal, the show, re village, ratchet and clank, back 4 blood and gg strive on the hit list the next few months.

MS could do that because their SSD is a 2.5GB/s. Half the speed of that of the PS5. SSD's with that speed have been out for years now.

NVME's that are 7GB/s are only just releasing.
Samsungs 980 Pro, Sabrent Rocket 4 Plus and the WD Black have only been out for like a month or two.
All the other gen 4 SSD's that released before were 5 GB/s which is too slow.

MS could do that because their SSD is a 2.5GB/s. Half the speed of that of the PS5. SSD's with that speed have been out for years now.

NVME's that are 7GB/s are only just releasing.
Samsungs 980 Pro, Sabrent Rocket 4 Plus and the WD Black have only been out for like a month or two.
All the other gen 4 SSD's before were 5 GB/s which is too slow.
the wd black been out since late November remember when you posted it. sony could have worked with these storage companies and/or supported them if necessary pre ps5 release to get a storage option out around the release of the ps5. 650 gb is inexcusable

since when? I dont think you can cold store ps games on any external right now. ps5 wont even give you the option under storage management

you can i have a ps external and i can move my ps5 games over to the external you just cant play them on the external. Or maybe im wrong will check next time i am on my ps5

all my ps4 games are running off the external

you can i have a ps external and i can move my ps5 games over to the external you just cant play them on the external. Or maybe im wrong will check next time i am on my ps5

all my ps4 games are running off the external
Think you’re wrong. Cold storage of ps5 games isn’t possible yet. You can store and transfer PS4 games into the PS5 but not the opposite

Last edited:
Think you’re wrong. Cold storage of ps5 games isn’t possible yet. You can store and transfer PS4 games into the PS5 but not the opposite

i wonder what is the mindset of sony to not allow a simple store of a ps5 game on an external.

But im not having a storage issue just yet

I have Warzone on my external and that game seems to be the reason this storage issue comes up to discuss.

the wd black been out since late November remember when you posted it. sony could have worked with these storage companies and/or supported them if necessary pre ps5 release to get a storage option out around the release of the ps5. 650 gb is inexcusable

Yea November's too late.

They can probably test the speed beforehand using drives with RAID setups or something but testing heat is different.
These drives all come with chunky heatsinks because of the heat they generate so they'll need to know if they need to adjust the fan speed of the PS5 when an internal SSD is installed which will require a lot of tests.

1614354526092.png

I'm willing to give the small space a pass since I don't play too many games at the same time.
The way I see, it I'll rather have UHD Blu-Ray player than a DVD player with a 6 disk changer.

If we get games like the Unreal Engine 5 demo then it's worth it.

i wonder what is the mindset of sony to not allow a simple store of a ps5 game on an external.

But im not having a storage issue just yet

I have Warzone on my external and that game seems to be the reason this storage issue comes up to discuss.
they didn't think it through or didnt think people would demand expanded storage so soon idk. ultimate mk 11, borderlands 3, hitman 3, fifa 21, nioh collection, demon souls, spider man mm, spider man remaster and and its a dub for my ps5 ssd

I'm willing to give the small space a pass since I don't play too many games at the same time.

it is inexcusable on Sony's end. I'm not about to delete a game to make space for new game just to redownload the game I deleted when a dlc comes out for it or I just want to play it again. I like having it ready to go

forgot persona 5 strikers came out this week. anybody here playing? gonna get it off the ps store later tonight and give it a go this weekend

I'll get it eventually but I'm in no rush. I just finished P5 Vanilla a couple weeks ago. 119 hours, bruh. I'm off RPG's for awhile. :lol:

Probably a stupid question. Can I add the free ps plus ps5 games to my library if I don't have a ps5 yet, but do have a ps plus membership

OK SO

If i claim the PS+ FF7R next month, will i get the free upgrade to PS5 and just pay for the extra episode??
I was pretty close to preordering the PS5 version last night

OK SO

If i claim the PS+ FF7R next month, will i get the free upgrade to PS5 and just pay for the extra episode??
I was pretty close to preordering the PS5 version last night

No, it says that if you redeem thru PS+ that FF7 isn't eligible for the free PS5 upgrade.

it is inexcusable on Sony's end. I'm not about to delete a game to make space for new game just to redownload the game I deleted when a dlc comes out for it or I just want to play it again. I like having it ready to go
I’m not too mad when it’s a new game. That is what it is

I shouldn’t have to delete, in my case, 4 different games to make room for an UPDATE.

wasn’t smaller game size a thing that was supposed to happen with next gen or is that gonna be in 2-3 years after they figure out how to do it

Back
Top Bottom