The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | State of Play Today | Death Stranding 2 | Silent Hill on PSN | Hell Divers | Stellar Blade | Rise of Ronin

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
so if something new takes 5 years and the remake takes 1.5 years

in 1.5 years will you be mad at them for not giving you something new?

this article has made people crazy
I’d rather they not waste time on making a game that was released then remastered in the last 10 years and give us something new. I’m all for remakes..... of older games not recent ones.

youre gonna have to define wasting time

naughty dog has about 316 employees, if only 16 people are working on this remake, that's wasting time? those 16 people are preventing you from getting something new?

unless you believe all 316 are working on this remake...............................................

i know im exaggerating but the ps4 remaster was made by like 5 people

edit - its the same situation, the people working on this remake are not slowing down the ps5 patch or the multiplayer, people gotta trust naughty dog, they wouldnt take this on unless they felt it was worth it

Last edited:
Splitting bend and putting them on a remake instead of a sequel to a successful new ip they just made is a waste of time. Give me days gone 2 before tlour. Hell even some new dlc for days gone would be nice.

so if something new takes 5 years and the remake takes 1.5 years

in 1.5 years will you be mad at them for not giving you something new?

this article has made people crazy
Yeah but instead of making something new they decided to waste time on a remake so bow it takes 6.5 years for something new.

I think most ppl would prefer something new and wait the 5 years.

Yeah but instead of making something new they decided to waste time on a remake so bow it takes 6.5 years for something new.

I think most ppl would prefer something new and wait the 5 years.

thats not how it works, taking people off the remake doesn't turn 5 years into 3.5 years and putting them on the remake doesn't make it 6.5 years

its still 5 years

thats not how it works, taking people off the remake doesn't turn 5 years into 3.5 years and putting them on the remake doesn't make it 6.5 years

its still 5 years
So you're saying no matter how many ppl are working on one game it'll be 5 years no matter what?

In that case I'd still want everybody on the new game so it can be the best it can possibly be instead of a remake.

Unless they have a quota on games to release or this is just about money and they have to make a certain amount each quarter.

ill say it again, hundreds of people did not make the ps4 remaster, all of naughty dog did not make the last of us ps4 remaster

it was made by like 5 people

How about a 4k/60 patch for Pt. II before work on a remake?

Assuming the multiplayer game is TLOU-related, makes me wonder if we'll have to shell out another 70 for that.

It's blowing my mind that they still haven't said ANYTHING about this.

For a remaster. A remake is from the ground up will take more than a handful of developers

like all those people in san diego like the article mentions?

and no one said anything about from the ground up, that's all speculation associated with the word REMAKE, for all we know it could just be updated models/textures/animations as opposed to an upres port like ps4

the game isnt even a decade old, why would they need to remake it, this is what speculation causes

Last edited:
It’s going to be TLOU with Pt.II’s engine+.

Campaign only because they’re gonna have a MP game out by the time it releases.

...Hermen Hulst, the former head of Guerrilla Games, ... thought the remake project was too expensive...and asked why the planned budget for T1X was so much higher than remakes Sony had made in the past. The reason was that this one was on a brand new graphical engine for the PlayStation 5. Mumbauer needed to hire more people to help rework the graphics on new technology as well as redesign gameplay mechanics. Hulst wasn’t convinced, the people said.

its almost as if some other company already did all that

Back
Top Bottom