The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | State of Play Today | Death Stranding 2 | Silent Hill on PSN | Hell Divers | Stellar Blade | Rise of Ronin

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Have you guys experienced your Ps5 randomly go into rest mode? Experienced this today when I started a round of Warzone. After booted back up, it didn’t happen again.

Felt so good going through and hiding all those damn demos that would still show up in my games collection this morning after i got the update.

Have you guys experienced your Ps5 randomly go into rest mode? Experienced this today when I started a round of Warzone. After booted back up, it didn’t happen again.
I keep mine in rest mode every time & every once in a while upon startup the light will blink and turn off completely. I have to push the power button on the console to start up again & it goes in recovery mode but then works fine after that.

If you have the media remote make sure to change the batteries whenever they get low

My PS5 randomly kept turning on for a few days until I changed the batteries on the remote

Weird because it was just sitting there next to the system but kept turning on.

It wasn't the HDMI setting.

TL: DR - Still the best TV for gaming.

Waiting for the A90J review next.

I had to plug my Dualsense in for a firmware update.

Updates for my controller? Living in the year 3000 over here.

I Had to do that on day 1 as well.
Wonder what the updates are.

I Had to do that on day 1 as well.
Wonder what the updates are.

Same. They don't communicate what is updated for some reason.
#3 just prompted for me, but I accidentally pressed something & it's gone. :lol:
Wish there was to manually get it to prompt (like the system software) instead of waiting 24 hours or doing trickery like changing the clock. :smh:

PO

We are almost there. They finally let you move ps5 games from the system to an external hard drive.

Hopefully they are almost ready to let us play them from the external

I keep mine in rest mode every time & every once in a while upon startup the light will blink and turn off completely. I have to push the power button on the console to start up again & it goes in recovery mode but then works fine after that.

Had this happen once after about 40 hours on rest/standby mode.

because of?
Too slow to load and stream assets on the fly.

PS5 games are built with a fast hard drive in mind so an external drive will need to be as fast as the internal one but that's not possible over USB.

USB 3.2 link has a max speed of 1.25 GB/s
PS5 SSD's speed is 5.5 GB/s

You'll be able to extend an internal drive anyway with one of those M.2 drives that are fast enough.
Something like this.

1618497041900.png

Last edited:
Too slow to load and stream assets on the fly.

PS5 games are built with a fast hard drive in mind so an external drive will need to be as fast as the internal one but that's not possible over USB.

USB 3.2 link has a max speed of 1.25 GB/s
PS5 SSD's speed is 5.5 GB/s

You'll be able to extend an internal drive anyway with one of those M.2 drives that are fast enough.
Something like this.

1618497041900.png
I hope we'll be able to do this soon.

because of?

because of how "slow" accessing drives has been in the past, games have had to store everything you can do/see within close proximity in ram, think of everything you can do/see in a small city

because of how fast the ps5 and its flash controller are, there will likely be cases where everything you can do/see right behind you or around the next corner wont even be in ram yet and will need to pulled off the ssd as soon as you turn around or look around the corner

those kind of scenarios wont work off external drives and its why you cant just put it in some random m2 drive in the m2 slot

its gonna be sad when people who bought m2 drives after the ps5 was announced thinking they were fast enough end up not working

it is pretty overwhelming.

I say just play it for the story. It is essentially a MMO/Action RPG hybrid. And that doesn’t even talk to the raw skill/talent the game takes.

pretty much. a soulsbourne mmo rpg. combat system is more fleshed out and feels better than any from software game imo tho.

Back
Top Bottom