The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | State of Play Today | Death Stranding 2 | Silent Hill on PSN | Hell Divers | Stellar Blade | Rise of Ronin

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
does that mean no more restocks for direct? what a mess. how do you not mass produce this system? **** is this a peloton?

well they did supposedly make 4-6M for release compared to 2M PS4s. And rushing manufacturing can increase failures if the manufacture time isnt extended or facilities increased. It a financial decision that we’ll never know from their corporate.

All that said, I sold my backup preorders and haven’t plugged mine in yet. If I’m one of the unlucky few looks it’ll look like I’ll have screwed myself.

^^^Anything with snow Ricky D Ricky D is copping so we will see him on AC next week.

Your screenshots were effective.
CD4EC790-5F73-48D8-9899-444B2F4A576E.jpeg

Guess I gotta keep my profile offline for the 200+ hours :smokin

miles and spiderman ps4 are both 3/10 for me till they add the heightz. the disrespect. they have some of our landmarks (GW bridge, theater that looks similar to united palace) so I know they scouted the area and took pics but couldn't be bothered to put the neighborhood in the game :smh:

does that mean no more restocks for direct? what a mess. how do you not mass produce this system? **** is this a peloton?

Yup no restocks for direct sony claims to have sold all their on hand stock to direct customers and vendors

someone quote me if im wrong

Last edited:
Does anyone else ps5 go into rest mode when sitting at the main menu without being touched?

i am trying to install a game and put the controller down to let it install left the console for maybe 30 mins came back to it in rest mode turned it back on and it started to finish the install again.

like why would the console go into rest mode during installs and downloads?

Man you dusty dudes don’t even play SF stop acting interested.

I have been trying to get you guys to run SF for years.
And don’t give me that SF4 is better mess I have even offered to buy it and run but every time you have some excuse talking about “oh I don’t actually play I just think it is better than SFv”

DF74F9D9-AB3B-4A43-A1BC-A9FB508877B7.gif

Embarrassing Fact:

I play fighting games on the easiest difficulty and still lose.

I did a flawless run of every Destiny 1 raid, but I have a .500 record against SF AI.

I played Injustice for the story and lost to Superman like 4 times in a row. :lol:

Its just something in my brain, I swear. The years as a kid of getting E.Honda slap-spammed in a corner for two rounds every match broke me.

I love Final Fantasy but couldnt get past like the 4th fight on easy in Dissidia, just to see the story. :rofl: I paid full price for that game; just took the L.

Does anyone else ps5 go into rest mode when sitting at the main menu without being touched?

i am trying to install a game and put the controller down to let it install left the console for maybe 30 mins came back to it in rest mode turned it back on and it started to finish the install again.

like why would the console go into rest mode during installs and downloads?
I believe this can be changed in your power save settings. You can turn it off altogether if you’d like. PS4 was the same way.

And don’t give me that SF4 is better mess I have even offered to buy it and run but every time you have some excuse talking about “oh I don’t actually play I just think it is better than SFv”

B9AE77FE-4402-4F24-8413-413A3ADBC143.gif

Embarrassing Fact:

I play fighting games on the easiest difficulty and still lose.

I did a flawless run of every Destiny 1 raid, but I have a .500 record against SF AI.

I played Injustice for the story and lost to Superman like 4 times in a row. :lol:

Its just something in my brain, I swear. The years as a kid of getting E.Honda slap-spammed in a corner for two rounds every match broke me.

I love Final Fantasy but couldnt get past like the 4th fight on easy in Dissidia, just to see the story. :rofl: I paid full price for that game; just took the L.
Dissidia’s combat system was unique but terrible too. After a few fights, I had to drop it. Crazy thing is I won all my matches but don’t know how :lol:

I love fighters it just takes so much time to learn the mechanics of your character(s) and overall game like hit boxes and match ups etc. overwhelming actually. bought dragon ball fighterz ultimate and street fighter 5 champion edition over the weekend gonna see if i make time over the holiday weekend to learn at least 1 character in each

Seems like there is a direct relationship between current launch issues and the massive jump in performance for this generation. I may be wrong, possibly due to the absence of broader awareness in the past as compared to our super information age.... but I don't recall seeing these types of issues with previous launches. Especially on the Sony side.

I still haven't been able to put hours into any titles on the 5 and I haven't even opened one of my series X consoles... but I am glad I kept an extra of both as well as my 500 mill Ps Pro.

For those that are considering sending their consoles to Sony:

I purchased a 60GB PS3 from Best Buy that someone had returned on the 2nd day after launch (begged the manager to let me buy it) and it ended up having a bad disc drive. I called Sony the same afternoon and they sent me a new console that arrived the next morning in retail packaging, sans another copy of the Ricky Bobby Blu-Ray, with a return label for the bad one. It was a brilliant display of customer service for a premium product. So if they don't offer you the same thing, at least ask for this type of service. It may be possible that they stopped doing this because some jack wagons abused it to get a free console but it's at least worth asking to reduce your turnaround time of getting back to playing.
Yeah i'm trying to call but they're not even accepting calls right now

Ima see if there's anything they can do for the inconvenience

It's one thing for it to be messing up but then i can’t even contact ya'll on top of that ? lol

Last edited:
Seems like there is a direct relationship between current launch issues and the massive jump in performance for this generation. I may be wrong, possibly due to the absence of broader awareness in the past as compared to our super information age.... but I don't recall seeing these types of issues with previous launches. Especially on the Sony side.

I still haven't been able to put hours into any titles on the 5 and I haven't even opened one of my series X consoles... but I am glad I kept an extra of both as well as my 500 mill Ps Pro.

For those that are considering sending their consoles to Sony:

I purchased a 60GB PS3 from Best Buy that someone had returned on the 2nd day after launch (begged the manager to let me buy it) and it ended up having a bad disc drive. I called Sony the same afternoon and they sent me a new console that arrived the next morning in retail packaging, sans another copy of the Ricky Bobby Blu-Ray, with a return label for the bad one. It was a brilliant display of customer service for a premium product. So if they don't offer you the same thing, at least ask for this type of service. It may be possible that they stopped doing this because some jack wagons abused it to get a free console but it's at least worth asking to reduce your turnaround time of getting back to playing.

Yea, the tech in these consoles is no joke. I mean we got liquid metal T-1000 cooling the APU.

The PS4 also had it's fair share of issues at launch. The only thing that affected me was the DS4's analog peeling real quick.
That being said, with the consoles being sold in the millions, It may still fall within a normal failure rate but its hard to tell since the problems look like a mix of hardware and software.

I just hope everyone gets their issues fixed.

I've been lucky so far with no crashes, no coil whine or nothing but I've not played a demanding game like Demon's Souls.

I honestly would play if I wasn't so trash. My fingers just don't have the dexterity.
I'll be playing and someone jumps at me my mind's saying shoryuken the ting but my fingers won't execute or do it like 20 frames later :smh:

If I could play with my mind then I'll be top 3 easy :lol:

Just sold My PS4 Pro with SFV and Marvel Infinite. I give up with fighting games.
Still got Marvel 3 though.

I just need to try Hitbox and Keyboard to see if that's any better.

Back
Top Bottom