The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | State of Play Today | Death Stranding 2 | Silent Hill on PSN | Hell Divers | Stellar Blade | Rise of Ronin

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
After the first few sessions with Armored Core, I'm loving it.

miollS.png

m m mmss.png

jjjS.png

image0s.png

Man idk even know why i bought this game i have yet beat a software game and first time playing a AC game

Currently getting waxed fighting i think is the first major boss the one with 2 legs hanging off and shoots hella rockets smh

Im sure u beat him. Tips?

I think for that fight I used the pulse gun to finally beat him. The one that shoots bubbles. It does a good job of getting them to stagger. You can burn through the ammo quick, so make sure you're in close before shooting.

But if you're getting stuck like that, don't be afraid to swap out parts/weapons. One of the great things in this game is that everything sells back for the same price you buy it for, so there's no penalty for experimenting. Also, the arena fights and training unlock new parts so make sure you knock those out.

If all else fails
I've heard the dual shotguns can shred bosses. Haven't tried it myself.

Oh also if you use R3 to lock on, don't move the right analog stick. It will track the enemy's movements until they can shake it. Then make sure the red reticle is lined up before shooting or else you'll waste a ton of ammo.

Last edited:
As a FROM fan, I want to try AC, but as washed as I am when it comes to gaming and I haven’t finished the last few games I’ve bought, I’m gonna hold off 🤣
Same. Gonna wait for black Friday or another sale. Will continue my backlog in the meantime.

I love From Software games, but I have never played an AC. I’m going to watch some videos before I buy it.

So-called FROM fans relegating Armored Core to the Bargain Bin. :smh:

Jk. I get it. Even though I've been hyping it up, this being my first AC game, I wasn't sure how I would take to it either. But it didn't take any time to get its hooks in.

You know how Spider-Man gets praise for making you feel like Spider-Man? That's how I feel about AC 6. You feel like the pilot. The controls are top-notch. It feels natural right from the jump. Ripping through the environment, jumping, boosting and blow **** up. It's a joy.

I’m looking at getting that handheld PS5 portal. So, from what I read, you can only play it while the PS5 is on? Is it any information if you purchase the physical copy of a video game, will it work on that, also?

It sounds like its just streaming the game from your console like an nvidia shield... so I dont see that being a problem, but I honestly have no idea since I have 0 interest in it.

I’m looking at getting that handheld PS5 portal. So, from what I read, you can only play it while the PS5 is on? Is it any information if you purchase the physical copy of a video game, will it work on that, also?
It's essentially a dedicated remote play device for the PS5 exclusively. I actually see the function in it, but I bought a tablet to use as a streaming/remote device so this would be redundant for me.

It's essentially a dedicated remote play device for the PS5 exclusively. I actually see the function in it, but I bought a tablet to use as a streaming/remote device so this would be redundant for me.

Imagine if they made the portal a dual sense controller on steroids.

Like the old Dreamcast controller that had a separate function with the Visual memory card.

I.e. pick plays on madden, have a world map while you’re exploring, the move list for mortal kombat 1

But it’s prob more work for the devs so who knows.

I’m not entertaining buying AC6 until I beat Sekiro. I never played an AC game before so I don’t feel the need to rush out and buy AC6. I’m also not interested in mechs.

Are you kidding me!? :rofl:

$40 USD increase for Premium!!!

Premium will almost certainly be $200 CAD.

I was okay to ride out premium at the cost of a collectors edition game once a year, but they are throwing this at every user without justifying any improvements to what amounts to Extra with some mediocre "classics"?

This might be a bridge too far for me.

PS+ Hit a wall with subscribers. It never went pass 48 Million or something like that so they gotta milk the current subs for more money.

Worst thing is those 25% Black Friday discount prices in the future will now be the current retail price.

As someone who only plays single player games, I need to finish some of the games on extra before my renewal in November. :smh:

As long as the disc is inserted then yea you're good to go playing a physical game remotely.

Idgaf about them hitting a wall. If you’re gonna increase the price, increase the quality! They announce an increase and then announce Saint’s Row as the PS+ game for the month :lol:
$40 increase for premium and we still don’t have PS2/3 games on the service. They giving us these raggedy *** PSP games :smh:

Sony's hubris because the PS5 is doing numbers is :lol: :smh:

Taking me byke to the PS3 days.

A price increase is bad enough but $40 increase for Premium when that is the most assed out version of the PS+ tiers?

The wild one to me is bumping up the lowest tier by $20.

I feel like no matter what PlayStation or Xbox want to do with the real subscription tiers, that bottom "I just want to play online and maybe occasionally pay attention to the other perks" tier should stay locked.

Back
Top Bottom