The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | State of Play Today | Death Stranding 2 | Silent Hill on PSN | Hell Divers | Stellar Blade | Rise of Ronin

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This the only thing that makes SM2 playable after achieving 100% lol

BC8E79FC-7B50-4DE9-BBBF-B24FC52562A5.jpeg
6E81BC68-7B44-4BFF-B917-AA6B853BA9D4.jpeg

Need the NG+ and hopefully DLC some time soon. But insomniac is working the wolverine game right now which probably will be out a year from now. When also the PS5 pro is due out also.

Haven't seen a tech thread on NT so asking here. Do I need a special modem or router for fiber internet? Or do I just get one that can handle the speed?

Haven't seen a tech thread on NT so asking here. Do I need a special modem or router for fiber internet? Or do I just get one that can handle the speed?

You need a fiber-ready router, but no modem is necessary.

Honestly, unless you just bought a router, I'd invest in a new one. They should be replaced every few years if you really want to maximize your connection.

They are pricey, but a decent TP-Link would be my suggestion.

In my opinion, if you have fiber, you obviously value your connection speed/bandwidth usage. Invest a little now to make sure you have the best experience.

Edit: This is good timing; you can usually find some great sales on routers over Black Friday/Cyber Monday.

You need a fiber-ready router, but no modem is necessary.

Honestly, unless you just bought a router, I'd invest in a new one. They should be replaced every few years if you really want to maximize your connection.

They are pricey, but a decent TP-Link would be my suggestion.

In my opinion, if you have fiber, you obviously value your connection speed/bandwidth usage. Invest a little now to make sure you have the best experience.

Edit: This is good timing; you can usually find some great sales on routers over Black Friday/Cyber Monday.

Thanks for the info. I don't have fiber yet but just got a notice that I can get the line hooked up for $200 which seems like a no brainer, especially cause when I first inquired about it maybe 4 years ago they wanted several thousand.

Just doing a little planning. Good looks on the Black Friday deals. I'll be on the lookout.

Need the NG+ and hopefully DLC some time soon. But insomniac is working the wolverine game right now which probably will be out a year from now. When also the PS5 pro is due out also.
Reddit folks keep hinting that a big update is expected at the end of the month or in December. Hopefully it's NG+ and a tease to the first DLC. Saw people thinking it will tie-in to Daredevil and The Hand.

Would be dope if true.

Reddit folks keep hinting that a big update is expected at the end of the month or in December. Hopefully it's NG+ and a tease to the first DLC. Saw people thinking it will tie-in to Daredevil and The Hand.

Would be dope if true.

I mean the ending of the fire side quests hints at an enemy already. I’m sure there are others but I haven’t finished the game yet.

What type of internet service are you getting? Cable modem fiber or DSL Fiber through a company like AT&T.

If cable modem I would recommend a cable modem like this:

Netgear cable modem

And a good wifi 6 router. It isn't cheap but the router alone is better than any leased crap a cable company or DSL company will provide and charge you for.

Last edited:
What type of internet service are you getting? Cable modem fiber or DSL Fiber through a company like AT&T.

Netgear cable modem

And a good wifi 6 router. It isn't cheap but the router alone is better than any leased crap a cable company or DSL company will provide and charge you for.
For folks who have to ask, just go with whatever your isp provides. Save yourself the trouble.

Netgear cable modem

I don't actually know. I'll have to ask.

Haven't really kept up with the tech for a few years but this is my chance to drop Xfinity so I'm taking it.

My friend who works for R* here in San Diego in the north county part just texted me saying the first GTA VI trailer will drop sometime this week. He's a graphics artist for R* SD and says he worked on a yaht that is in this trailer.

Last edited:
Think it will
hoping more for some gameplay.
Can't remember where the gameplay debuted last time for part 1
I also think we'll get a release date w/ it being Nov 2024

E3 2018 trailer had first gameplay, two years after the reveal. I don't expect it to take that long.

:nerd:

Back
Top Bottom