The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | State of Play Today | Death Stranding 2 | Silent Hill on PSN | Hell Divers | Stellar Blade | Rise of Ronin

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I totally get the stance of “If they just didn’t do X then I would have got Y”

Look, we all wanted to have something new for everyone by now and as of today we don’t. But we’re working on new things and will get them out when they are done. That’s all I can say.

We couldn’t bring the MP game to market and that sucks for everyone. There’s a TON of pressure to get these next things out and to knock it out of the park. You’re right, it is a matter of personal and professional pride.

What we’re working on right now has me the most excited I’ve ever been as a gamer and as a dev. I sincerely hope that we’re able to get it out to everyone and show it off in a timely manner.
I wish you and your team all the success in the world

And when y'all do announce and release that's next...

Trust and believe I'll be there to **** on it constantly, at every step of the way

hate.gif

Just give me a new unchartered

I don't think that is what the dude said though.

He is saying he wished they worked on something different for all those years instead of TLOU online.

So that something new would be closer to release.

That is not what I said. I said they havent developed something new for us in a while and they are nearing what would be the end of a 5 year dev cycle and we haven’t heard about anything but a canceled factions game. That is what I said.

The what have you done for me lately is that they haven’t given us anything but remakes.

And if the stopped faction 2 (which I don’t care if they did or not) so they can start cookin single player games (which I support), that puts them how long from delivering something new?

So yes they need to deliver soon. We can only hope they were multi-tasking and have something up their sleeves.

Last edited:
That is not what I said. I said they have developed something new for us in a while and they are nearing what would be the end of a 5 year dev cycle and we haven’t heard about anything but a canceled factions game. That is what I said.

The what have you done for me lately is that they haven’t given us anything but remakes.
Famb whatever

I was on your side

Seems like you just wanted someone to argue with

Welp, you ain't getting **** for a good long while.

So might as well buckle up for the wait

God speed and god bless

Famb whatever

I was on your side

Seems like you just wanted someone to argue with

Welp, you ain't getting **** for a good long while.

So might as well buckle up for the wait

God speed and god bless

Not looking to argue at all. Just stating my opinion that ND hasnt shown us anything but remakes. Just put that disclaimer that I’ll take heat for it which I did. ND is my fav studio. UC series and LoU1 are my fav games.

And I was quoting Hybrid not you. The quote didn’t come through as the post I responding to. I was responding to his response to you.

I get things fall through. And I think Sony lost its way when they announced all these supposed GaaS. I personally want solid single player games which is what ND excels at.

While Sony fans worried about Naughty Dog anyway though

Sony giving y'all new IP bangers next year, like.....checks notes..........checks them some more...........one more time........................checks the second set of notes....................... Oh yeah, Concord. A new live service shooter.

mcmahon.gif

Not looking to argue at all. Just stating my opinion that ND hasnt shown us anything but remakes. Just put that disclaimer that I’ll take heat for it which I did. ND is my fav studio. UC series and LoU1 are my fav games.

And I was quoting Hybrid not you. The quote didn’t come through as the post I responding to. I was responding to his response to you.

I get things fall through. And I think So y lost its way when they announced all these supposed GaaS. I personally want solid single player games which is what ND excels at.
Ok, my bad

Sony giving y'all new IP bangers next year, like.....checks notes..........checks them some more...........one more time........................checks the second set of notes....................... Oh yeah, Concord. A new live service shooter.

mcmahon.gif
I wonder how struggle box is selling.

I totally get the stance of “If they just didn’t do X then I would have got Y”

Look, we all wanted to have something new for everyone by now and as of today we don’t. But we’re working on new things and will get them out when they are done. That’s all I can say.

We couldn’t bring the MP game to market and that sucks for everyone. There’s a TON of pressure to get these next things out and to knock it out of the park. You’re right, it is a matter of personal and professional pride.

What we’re working on right now has me the most excited I’ve ever been as a gamer and as a dev. I sincerely hope that we’re able to get it out to everyone and show it off in a timely manner.

I thought you walked away from NT but I respect your sharing industry experience here. If you’re with ND now, I’m not trying to disrespect the work your team is doing. But just feedback from the masses remakes are cool and sell and all; but we look forward to new, especially when ND just dominated what the gold standard for what gaming should be.

If ND has something coming up I am more than excited for it!

I wonder how struggle box is selling.
I don't give a ****. MS is making money, investing in gaming, and in turn, adding new content to GamePass for me to enjoy.

When I'm playing Helblade 2, the Activision-Blizzard back catalog, the new Black Ops, and a bunch of other games, for no extra cost, do you really think Imma be worried about how they are selling in the EU? :lol:

mcmahon.gif

What does MS have coming next year?

Not taking shots generally curious.

Can't think of anything from Sony besides Rise of the Ronin.

What does MS have coming next year?

Not taking shots generally curious.

Can't think of anything from Sony besides Rise of the Ronin.
Announced so far...

Confirmed AAA are Avowed and Hellblade 2

Stalker 2 will be a launch-exclusive

Then there is other stuff like Towerborne, a new Flight Sim, and Starfield's first main expansion

Me, except i never said it

That's when my Xbox gave out and I got a PS5 :lol:

You mean the system or the game selection? Ps4 was out about 10 years before the PS5.

Game selection, system wise i love the PS5. I’ve just found myself playing mostly PS4 games and their sequels on it so far with few exceptions.

I'll be honest, the narrative of TLOU Online's cancellation being a greater good so Naughty Dog can focus on what they do best by making single player experiences with heavy attention paid to crafting a strong story is unexciting. Disappointing even, to me.

I don't think any reasonable person would have wanted the studio to forgo that strong suit to make a GAAS endeavor stay active, but Naughty Dog were also solid multiplayer mode makers right up through Uncharted 4, with a lot of people that enjoyed them.

I liked Factions. I never asked for some grandiose expansion of that concept. If that was exciting to the team and ultimately didn't work out, cool; but if Naughty Dog's future is entirely single player third person games and the multiplayer modes are a thing of the past then something was lost. Just like something was lost when there was no longer any room for Jak & Daxter in their serato.

Yall realize how childish yall look with the console warrior bs? Like, I honestly thought that was just some young broke boi **** of only being able to afford 1 console...

Yall realize how childish yall look with the console warrior bs? Like, I honestly thought that was just some young broke boi **** of only being able to afford 1 console...
I don't pocket watch because most adults can't truly afford 2+ ecosystems of games(Online services, games, etc.), especially from a price per usage standpoint.

As a person who owns all 3, I only have but so much time for each. Right now, most of my time is spent on Xbox because of Game Pass. I have PS4/5 and Switch games still wrapped in plastic. I've blessed to be able to afford to have games sitting and what not, but I would be lying if I didn't sometimes feel like it was a waste.

Ultimately, games are to be enjoyed. I do agree, we need to stop console warring, and just focus on having fun. Leave that console war to the kids. It's their era now anyways.

Back
Top Bottom