The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | State of Play Today | Death Stranding 2 | Silent Hill on PSN | Hell Divers | Stellar Blade | Rise of Ronin

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Need some advice:

Last system I owned was PS3 and I'm looking to get back into gaming.

Should I cop a PS4 pro (heard the cooling system sucks bolas though), cop a PS5 slim, or wait for the PS5 pro that is rumored to drop end of year?

Nah, we gonna have a problem. I keep all my consoles or pass them down to my kids. If I didn’t want my old console, I’d at least find a kid who wanted it.

TikTok culture is so stupid.
For real bro. I still got all my OG PlayStation consoles. 1-V

The broadcast will be over 40 minutes long, and feature guest appearances from some of the most talented minds in gaming. Among many other updates, we’ll feature extended looks at Stellar Blade and Rise of the Ronin, two great games coming to PS5 this year. And we’ll give you a new look at other titles coming to PS5 and PS VR2 in 2024 and beyond.

The show begins Wednesday, January 31 at 2pm PT / 5pm ET / 10pm GMT on YouTube, Twitch, and TikTok. Here’s to a new year of great games!

Last edited:
Honestly, I have no idea... But most of them are dirt cheap by now

I was gonna look at some game of the year lists and start that way
If it's primarily AAA bangers, you might as well get the 5. It'll future proof you and you should still be able to find the Spider-Man 2 bundle including in the $500 price tag.

Need some advice:

Should I cop a PS4 pro (heard the cooling system sucks bolas though), cop a PS5 slim, or wait for the PS5 pro that is rumored to drop end of year?

I'd buy a PS4 Pro for cheap and hold out til PS5 Pro. The difference between PS4 and PS4 Pro was noticeable and worth the wait IMO, so I don't want a base PS5 until the upgrades. If you aren't a huge gamer playing only brand new hyped titles then PS4 Pro is more than fine. The cooling is still *** though even on Pro, sounds like you are in a wind tunnel lol.

Especially if you never owned a PS4 I'd just get that and play all the cheap older games you missed out on to hold you over until PS5 Pro.

Buying any PS4, Pro or not, this point in the game, is pretty stupid, IMO. Just wait for a PS5 bundle to go on sale, you probably won't see Target BF price ($350), but you might be able to get one on sale for $400.

RN GameStop is doing $25 off $250 with in store pick up.

You can probably find a used PS5 (OG) for the less online, if you feel so inclined.

SSKTJ is even more of ****show than EYE thought which seems impossible given all the shenanigans with this game already.

Rocksteady work themselves into a mean shoot with this one.
This was going to be a game I copped on a deep sale regardless. It'll probably even hit one of the subscription services too.

Man what we still putting tlou2 in spoilers?? Game is almost 4 years old if you haven’t played it by now then you didn’t want to

Keep the spoilers for TLOU please lol.
I've been waiting for this game to go on sale for real low lol. Now trying to find one on marketplace and then upgrade to PS5 version lol.

Need some advice:

I'd just wait to get PS5 on sale or wait for the pro. You'd need a good TV/monitor to optmize it though.

I still play my ps4 sometimes cause I'm too lazy to go downstairs for PS5.
Depending on the game, the fan does get loud and warms up my office a decent amount lol. Don't think I'd get much for my PS4 pro, so I might as well just keep it as an extra media console or for the kids to play when they are old enough or donate to a school for video game club or something.

It ain't gonna kill you to put a spoiler tag up or just not talk about it.

Just bought the TLOU2 PS5 upgrade and it looks like my PS4 saves apply to this game! I think all my infinite modifiers are still there!
Yas!

4 years is a long time to be talking about spoilers. I say 6 months to a year TOPs on "not spoiling" something. Only time I say even a year is if it's between console generations and we know for a fact that many were not able to upgrade yet. Of course, that game has to be a console exclusive.

Other than that, we know the game has gone on sale at least twice in by that 6 month period. Let them spoils fly.

Back
Top Bottom