The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | State of Play Today | Death Stranding 2 | Silent Hill on PSN | Hell Divers | Stellar Blade | Rise of Ronin

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have so much more respect for the 10 year old me for being able to beat that game. I tried playing it on the switch now and I’m absolute garbage at it 🤣
just wasn't prepared for that after cruising with minimal problems through mega man X - X4. probably the hardest platformer I've played thinking about it

Yeah there is kind of a weird balance I am trying to find.

I don’t like chasing platinums because it is rarely fun for me. But beating some games once just doesn’t feel like you really played it. I dunno if that makes sense.

Nintendo not having an achievement system is starting to make more sense to me. It seems like a more relaxed version of gaming.

I think the trophies appeal to the 'digital hoarder' - there's nothing tangible about it but there's a 'collector' of some sorts in everyone.

Open world games can definitely bring on fatigue. That’s primarily what I’ve been playing since quarantine. So far I’ve completed
Ac Syndicate
Ac Origins
Ac Odyssey
Ac Valhalla
Ghost of Tshumia
Last of us II
Ryse son of Rome
Crash Bandicoot 1
God of War 2018
Miles Morales
Far Cry New Dawn
Until Dawn
Astro’s Playroom

Samurai Jack Battle Through time $28. first time its gone on sale.

Open world games can definitely bring on fatigue. That’s primarily what I’ve been playing since quarantine. So far I’ve completed
Ac Syndicate
Ac Origins
Ac Odyssey
Ac Valhalla
Ghost of Tshumia
Last of us II
Ryse son of Rome
Crash Bandicoot 1
God of War 2018
Miles Morales
Far Cry New Dawn
Until Dawn
Astro’s Playroom

These are all games you’ve completed Since quarantine ?

For me
Doom Eternal
Ghost of Tshushima
Last of Us 1 replay and Last of Us 2
Mortal Kombat 11 Story DLC
Replayed Arkham City and Asylum
Finished a replay of Uncharted 2
COD MW2 Remaster campaign
Miles Morales
Demon’s Souls

and I got my platinum in Sekiro RIGHT before Quarantine.

These are all games you’ve completed Since quarantine ?

For me
Doom Eternal
Ghost of Tshushima
Last of Us 1 replay and Last of Us 2
Mortal Kombat 11 Story DLC
Replayed Arkham City and Asylum
Finished a replay of Uncharted 2
COD MW2 Remaster campaign
Miles Morales
Demon’s Souls

and I got my platinum in Sekiro RIGHT before Quarantine.

yep since quarantine I had a backlog lol

I’m giving Sekiro another chance. I beat Lord Juzou and thought s**t was sweet and that I’d completed that Hirata Estate sequence. Then I went further and met Lady Butterfly 😑

I’m further than any other attempt so I’m making progress :lol:

I’m giving Sekiro another chance. I beat Lord Juzou and thought s**t was sweet and that I’d completed that Hirata Estate sequence. Then I went further and met Lady Butterfly 😑

I’m further than any other attempt so I’m making progress :lol:

You can do it!

I remember how long it took me to get past Genichiro my first time, by my third NG run I could beat him without getting hit. Sekiro is all about getting into a rhythm. Lady Butterfly isn’t bad once you get it down either.

You can do it!

I remember how long it took me to get past Genichiro my first time, by my third NG run I could beat him without getting hit. Sekiro is all about getting into a rhythm. Lady Butterfly isn’t bad once you get it down either.
Yeah I actually got to her second phase. Thing is, I accidentally used the snap seed before. I managed to avoid the delusions but then they shot at me like a damn near shooting star and I was done. I’m enjoying it a lot more this go around. I should have her beat this weekend.

Difficulty depends on genre for me.

Racing and FPS tend to be on harder difficulties.

RPGs I always go with the normal difficulty

Action games are a wide range. I played GoT on normal, TLoU2 on hard, and GoW on easy.

Fighting games havent developed a difficulty for me to be successful. :lol:

I almost always prefer the game be a set difficulty and have the content range from easy to hard.

I didn’t get anywhere in sekiro before i gave up lol it’s in the back log will be next after i eventually finish demon souls

Difficulty depends on genre for me.

Racing and FPS tend to be on harder difficulties.

RPGs I always go with the normal difficulty

Action games are a wide range. I played GoT on normal, TLoU2 on hard, and GoW on easy.

Fighting games havent developed a difficulty for me to be successful. :lol:

I almost always prefer the game be a set difficulty and have the content range from easy to hard.
Yeah I can understand that. It gives a great experience for the particular genre.

How do yall play games that are so difficult and require so much energy?
I'm playing on Give me a Challenge or whatever its called and I'm already thinking about tappin out after just playing one weekend :smh: :lol:

For me, I tend to play on higher difficulties just to get my money's worth for the price i paid.
Since it's harder, I know it will take me longer to beat it. But there are many games in which i will just play on normal just so I can have a seamless enjoyable experience.

In regards to GOW specifically, I played on harder difficulties for the challenge alone.

I beat all the Valkyries on the hardest level & that was probably one of the most funnest accomplishments in a video game I have had in the past 5 years.
Having to learn all their moves & perfect my timing to defeat them was frustrating so many times initially, but satisfying when accomplished.

PO

So for you guys that have finished DmC what do you think?

I had a blast but barely started to understand the combat towards the end. I am playing through again with NG+ on a higher difficulty and also one with Vergil (same difficulty). It seems to be even better this time around.

It is kind of a playful game with a good story. And I really like Capcom's character designs (RE2&3 as well). I feel like these playthroughs are needed to give the game justice and I will hang it up after I finish.

has there been a Japanese developed game with a black MAIN protagonist? and why are their depictions of western males always blond hair blue/colored eyes.
Nope.

Japan's artistic side for a few generations have had a weird fixation on white ppl and it's only increased with more American exposure. They get an excuse cuz the artistic style of anime allows for some ambiguity with the big eyes and all types of hair colors and i'd be fine with it if you were telling me they were all japanese but to me they all look like white ppl and when black ppl are drawn it still has a close resemblance to racist caricatures.

In the entire anime/manga/video game world the closest you'll get is a black partner/sidekick/supporting character. They'll be really in to black culture but it has not been translated in to black characters being depicted as protagonists/main characters.

Yeah I agree - their interest in black culture hasn't made it over to the games/anime industry as far as I can tell.

But how it has flowed into some of their music though? :pimp:

Yeah I agree - their interest in black culture hasn't made it over to the games/anime industry as far as I can tell.

But how it has flowed into some of their music though? :pimp:
Bruh there are popular animes right now with hip hop soundtracks.

The industry has gone from introducing us to what was new/unique/strange Japanese pop music and ballads to Japanese hip hop :lol:

They've been lagging on black characters. The leeway is really only given cuz the population is still majority them but there's really no excuse when a lot of their fictionalized work takes place on futuristic earth, made up fantasy/sci-fi lands, straight up other worlds, space, etc.

Bruh there are popular animes right now with hip hop soundtracks.

The industry has gone from introducing us to what was new/unique/strange Japanese pop music and ballads to Japanese hip hop :lol:

They've been lagging on black characters. The leeway is really only given cuz the population is still majority them but there's really no excuse when a lot of their fictionalized work takes place on futuristic earth, made up fantasy/sci-fi lands, straight up other worlds, space, etc.

My bad. I should have clarified.

I was more talking about black characters.

they have strange fixation with white washing Asians as well. there was a commercial where naomi osaka was just white didn't look Asian def not black just white. that's not cultural differences that's something deeper. just find it odd how I cant recall 1 single Japanese developed game where the main protagonist is black

Back
Top Bottom