The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | State of Play Today | Death Stranding 2 | Silent Hill on PSN | Hell Divers | Stellar Blade | Rise of Ronin

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dirt 5 has been patched and works well on PS5 now.

I had one crash in 10+ hours, but that is miles better than the one every hour I was getting. They also addressed the rubber banding and the ridiculous Sprint races. Overall the game plays much better. The 2 DLCs dont offer much more than new tracks, new cars, and a new event called Gatecrasher..

Dirt 5 has been patched and works well on PS5 now.

I had one crash in 10+ hours, but that is miles better than the one every hour I was getting. They also addressed the rubber banding and the ridiculous Sprint races. Overall the game plays much better. The 2 DLCs dont offer much more than new tracks, new cars, and a new event called Gatecrasher..

Did you pick up WRC?

Battlefield may be the single most overrated franchise in the history of media. I've played the last 3 for free, and yet still feel like I should have been reimbursed for my time. Why did I keep going back? I guess its a bit like cigarettes. You think it'll make you look cool and hip, but it really makes you look like an idiot. You wake up the next morning, with a hangover and ashtray mouth, wondering whatever happened to your self-worth.

I know you're kinda playing it up for a laugh, but I gotta push back on this.

This is a take that seems to ignore the PC origins of the series. 1942 and BF 2 are classics, and for good reason. 2142 did some cool things, too.

But beyond that, the series is still pretty cool.

Bad Company 2 ****ing ruled. I'll put Rush mode up against any other shooter of that era. It is unmatched in terms of sound design and destructibility of the environments.

Battlefield 1943 is an absolute gem of a PSN/XLBA game.

Battlefield 3 was a huge leap in tech, and it was a great game (this was the first one I played on PC, idk about the console version).

The PS4/xbox one era of Battlefield, I don't see how it's overrated. BF 4 and BF 1 received favorably (high 80's on metacritic), Hardline and V were not(low 70's).

At the very least, COD tends to work on console, at least after a week or so. Just wait for the Battlefield apologists to come out. "Max settings on my $15,000 biochemical engineering desktop with 8K monitor and Google fiber, game plays great. Don't understand what issues you're talking about"

Battlefield 4 and Battlefield Hardline we broken for months on console.

Battlefield 4's launch was a massive undertaking. Bringing 64 players to 2 console launches at ~60 fps alongside the PC and last gen versions.

Yes, COD was hitting those same consoles, but in terms of scope/tech, it's no comparison.

Battlefield 4 was collapsing a skyscraper multiplayer.

Piddly *** Ghosts was like "Yo, look at this dog
025.gif

Pretty cool, right?"

Battlefield's major draw is the large-scale sandbox combat that is constantly raising the bar in terms of tech. Of course it's going to be more prone to issues than COD. It's got way more moving parts.

I know you're kinda playing it up for a laugh, but I gotta push back on this.

This is a take that seems to ignore the PC origins of the series. 1942 and BF 2 are classics, and for good reason. 2142 did some cool things, too.

But beyond that, the series is still pretty cool.

Bad Company 2 ****ing ruled. I'll put Rush mode up against any other shooter of that era. It is unmatched in terms of sound design and destructibility of the environments.

Battlefield 1943 is an absolute gem of a PSN/XLBA game.

Battlefield 3 was a huge leap in tech, and it was a great game (this was the first one I played on PC, idk about the console version).

The PS4/xbox one era of Battlefield, I don't see how it's overrated. BF 4 and BF 1 received favorably (high 80's on metacritic), Hardline and V were not(low 70's).

Battlefield 4's launch was a massive undertaking. Bringing 64 players to 2 console launches at ~60 fps alongside the PC and last gen versions.

Yes, COD was hitting those same consoles, but in terms of scope/tech, it's no comparison.

Battlefield 4 was collapsing a skyscraper multiplayer.

Piddly *** Ghosts was like "Yo, look at this dog
025.gif

Pretty cool, right?"

Battlefield's major draw is the large-scale sandbox combat that is constantly raising the bar in terms of tech. Of course it's going to be more prone to issues than COD. It's got way more moving parts.

While you're right that it is mostly jokes, I still feel that Battlefield over-promises constantly. Their attempt at Battle Royale was uninspired, and they seem to have gone from the innovator with previous titles, to simply pushing out what Jim in marketing thinks will be the next "it" thing.

Everyone trying to be Destiny 2.... SMH.

:lol:

While you're right that it is mostly jokes, I still feel that Battlefield over-promises constantly. Their attempt at Battle Royale was uninspired, and they seem to have gone from the innovator with previous titles, to simply pushing out what Jim in marketing thinks will be the next "it" thing.

Everyone trying to be Destiny 2.... SMH.

:lol:

Sure, but COD's first stab at BR was more or less the same. I suspect if/when battlefield drops a standalone BR, it will be much more fleshed out.

And it's not like BF fans didn't want them to do a battle royale. It's a natural fit. They were doing large player counts on massive maps before Battle Royale was a thing.

Been playing Outriders for about a week now. Gotta say it's a decent game besides the connectivity issues...
Since the PS5 game library is scarce atm it prolly won't stay that way once the more anticipated game's release.

Back
Top Bottom