The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | State of Play Today | Death Stranding 2 | Silent Hill on PSN | Hell Divers | Stellar Blade | Rise of Ronin

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Got my PS5 back today with a year warranty on the hdmi port so if it goes out again I got somebody to hold accountable. Gonna cop 7 Rebirth tomorrow and hope it rains all day Sunday so I can have a reason to bum it out on the couch. I can’t game when its all bright and sunny outside, April around here is too perfect to not be outside. June-August tho, I’ll be running from the sun.

I have been struggling with FF7. As you guys know I’m a short burst type of gamer where I’ll play a game no more than an hour every few days or so and it takes me months to get through games but the fight mechanics and the lack of a designated jump button is keeping me from even getting past the intro. Is the game worth sticking it out?

I have been struggling with FF7. As you guys know I’m a short burst type of gamer where I’ll play a game no more than an hour every few days or so and it takes me months to get through games but the fight mechanics and the lack of a designated jump button is keeping me from even getting past the intro. Is the game worth sticking it out?

FF7 rebirth is one of the best games I’ve played in a few years.

Any tips to stick with it?

Everyone is different. I personally got immersed by all the side quests and story. Ff7 was one of the first RPGs I played as a kid so far me it’s also nostalgia. Also rebirth and remake both expanded on the story of the original which I enjoy.

Everyone is different. I personally got immersed by all the side quests and story. Ff7 was one of the first RPGs I played as a kid so far me it’s also nostalgia. Also rebirth and remake both expanded on the story of the original which I enjoy.
This is my first FF game. FF was never a game series I was into but I wanted to give this a try.

rebirth is a true rpg with lots of side quests and lots to do. You don’t need to do everything as you maybe get overwhelmed but doing it all is part of what makes an rpg fun
This is my first FF game. FF was never a game series I was into but I wanted to give this a try.

rebirth is a true rpg with lots of side quests and lots to do. You don’t need to do everything as you maybe get overwhelmed but doing it all is part of what makes an rpg fun
Any tips on fighting mechanics and no dedicated jump button?

Any tips on fighting mechanics and no dedicated jump button?

Mechanics are relatively simple. Your spells are based off what materia you bind to your weapon. Other than that it’s just about aiming attacks.

Charge up limit breaks and summons and use them as often as possible.

Dodging is better than anything else in terms of trying to avoid attacks. I also use the button to close gaps when necessary.

In terms of a jump button I got use to not having one quite quickly. Since there really isn’t a necessity to jump anywhere.

Imma take this as an opportunity to remind y’all that I am the OG trophy/achievement hunter.

I would come in the PS3 thread (from the Xbox thread) and say that (1) we need party chat (2) in game dashboard access and (3) an achievement system.

Got straight clowned out of the thread for wanting to achieve something in a video game and have something to show for it.

Now look at y’all, straight ignorant with it in present day. Even got my man Ricky D Ricky D out here plat’ing Octopath Traveler 2 for no reason on earth at all.

Straight animals.

I'm sorry this is just simply not true. Unfortunately there is no way to prove it, so....

1713536928932.png

:lol:

Go ahead and put it on easy mode.

There’s actually a way to get that trophy using your PC and the remote play app. Admittedly I thought about doing it but I just said I eff it. That trophy is just flat out stupid. Now I just replay FF IX with the Moguri mod (shoutout to 2sappy 2sappy ). I know, first world problems :lol:
One of these days I have to get around to installing that mod on my Steam Deck so I can play it on that next.

In regards to Rebirth boss fights

Why would they double up on the Rufus fight. That fight was trash in Remake and it’s even worse this time because you go straight into it after fighting Corneo, and Elena and Rude :smh:

In regards to Rebirth boss fights

Why would they double up on the Rufus fight. That fight was trash in Remake and it’s even worse this time because you go straight into it after fighting Corneo, and Elena and Rude :smh:
Cuz Rufus wanted a rematch. He literally walks in, fights you, then leaves satisfied. He just wanted to show cloud his new toys and moves and fancies himself the main protagonist. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom